WB and GM Log............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 19 of CL Stack:

1/24/07 171.5lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Terrible night sleep. Tossed and turned. Woke up twice. Final time was at 4:20am and I basically just laid there till my normal wake up time of 5:30am. Also my wife mentioned last night that I seem like I have been pissed off lately and a little edgy. Maybe it is just being around her but I do notice now that my road rage has been surfacing a little more. My tolerance for idiots on the road is definitely lower then normal. Little bit of an anxious feeling again this morning. I'm falling apart . Reading through a couple of the previous days and I forgot to mention my blood pressure recently. A few days back it was reading pretty high but that seems to have come back down recently and I can tell a difference so maybe I have some subconscious stuff bothering me that I am just not aware of and maybe that is also the cause of my sleep issues. Who knows. Some one at work mentioned I should try a small glass of wine before bed to help me sleep. There are some benefits to small doses of wine so hey maybe I'll give that a shot .

Finished off my first jug of Dymatize Elite protein this morning. It was my first time using that brand. I liked it. I think it is good quality for the price. It never gave me any stomach issues and it mixed well. I used the chocolate mint flavor and it grew on me. The mint left a little after taste but not bad. I will purchase DE again but this time I am going with just the plain chocolate to see how I feel about that flavor. I am placing another supplement order to prepare for my next little stack after this one, that stack is still a secret till I finalize some decisions so to avoid having to pay shipping for just the protein now and then the other part of the stack later, I bought a jug of SixStar protein here at the local store. It is cheap, and I have used it in the past. I like it and it will give me a little bit of time to finalize my plans and place my next main order.

Work sucked today. Very stressed out and was not even able to get away for lunch. Only fit in my 2 mid meals at 10:00am and 3:00pm. So intake today sucks but I was able to get water into me. Thank goodness for some quick protein shakes to at least help me get something into me. Training today was chest, shoulders, tris. Took 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 45 minutes before training with some food. Training went great. Weight felt good, normal pumps. Rest times were pretty short between exercises but I was able to put up the weight I wanted and then some. Did cardio on the bike at the end and again my quads got super pumped. Sweated quite a bit during both the training and cardio.
    Total: 2199
    Fat: 67 27%
    Carbs: 175 32%
    Protein: 224 41%
    1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 20 of CL Stack:

1/25/07 169lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Awoke 2 times and then again at 4:20am. Work was a little better today then yesterday. I was able to get some peanut butter sandwiches in, which when added to my EFA's makes my fat percentage look high today, but my water intake was limited. I have really been trying to up this from 1 gallon.

I feel real thick around the waist today. Feel like I am adding fat in that region. Really makes me think I need to hit the cardio much more like I mentioned before. I have no idea how some guys at my weight say they are taking in 4000 calories without adding a ton of fat or doing crazy amounts of cardio to help burn off the excess calories, as I start to see some fat gain at 2500 to 3000. Maybe it's just because I still have only been back for 3 months from a very long layoff but I don't see how I would not gain a ton of fat at 4000 calories even with cardio.

Have some soreness in my chest when stretched from yesterdays workout. Took 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 45 minutes before training with some food. Started to get a headache on my drive home from work. Didn't take anything and that subsided just before I started training. Today was back and bi's. Workout felt good. Good pump in both body parts. DB curls were a little weak but not bad, everything else was very good. 30 minutes of cardio on the bike felt good and I sweated a ton.
      Total: 2689
      Fat: 124 41%
      Carbs: 194 28%
      Protein: 215 31%
      1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 21 of CL Stack:

1/26/07 169lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Slept better then most nights and only woke up once for a moment and then did not wake up again till the alarm went off at 5:30am, but was tired driving into work. Work was okay from a stress standpoint but was very busy so once again I missed some meals and my water intake sucked. Started to get a headache again towards the end of the work day but did not take anything for it.

Training today was legs and calfs. Took 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 30 minutes before training with a quick protein shake as I was in a rush to get to the gym and get back out at a reasonable time. Workout went very well. Legs felt very strong and got a good pump. I notice my rest times can be short and I still recover better then say 21 days ago. I did sweat a lot again today. Headache got better some but did not disappear totally. No cardio today.
        Total: 2397
        Fat: 95 35%
        Carbs: 212 34%
        Protein: 188 31%
        3/4 gallon of Water

Comment

Originally posted by ltyson
          Day 21 of CL Stack:

I notice my rest times can be short and I still recover better then say 21 days ago.
          Nice ! Awesome detail man !!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            Nice ! Awesome detail man !!
            Thanks man. Stay with me, and feel free to kick me in the ass if I get out of line along the way to help keep me on track.

Comment

Day 22 of CL Stack:

1/27/07 169lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Being Saturday I was able to sleep in till about 8:30am. Woke up 3 times again last night. I was reading the FAQ thread on GM and it mentions that the Tyrosine in it can cause some sleep issues in some people so I may try to start dosing this earlier in the day and see what I think. Spartan mentioned the other day I may want to play with the WB timing and dosage also so maybe that could be part of the cause, but to help limit the variables, I will keep my WB dosing as I have been, (3 tabs 45minutes before training, and 3 tabs 30 minutes before sleep on non-training days) and see what happens.

Feel a nice soreness in my legs from yesterdays training, but feel a little flat today. Trained chest, shoulders, tri's. Workout went well. Weight felt heavy and I was a little tired but there was a nice pump and overall felt good. No cardio today as I had to get in and out to get my kids.

Water intake sucked again today, and my diet was lower in protein then normal. I hate days like that but also know I have many more days, weeks, and years to keep at this so I don't let it bother me to much if things are not right every single day but I need to make sure I do not make it common practice. I do find it a little odd though that my weight has been the exact same for 3 days as we all normally see some fluctuation day in and day out.
              Total: 2441
              Fat: 76 28%
              Carbs: 310 48%
              Protein: 140 23%
              3/4 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 23 of CL Stack:

1/27/07 171lbs. Got to bed at 11:30pm last night. Woke up a few times last night but fell right back a sleep and then did not get out of bed till 9:00am. Did some work around the house and some grocery shopping so nothing strenuous. No training today. Hamstrings are a little sore from my leg workout the other day. Nice to have them sore as I have not felt that in a while. It is usually my quads that I feel it in.

Diet was all over the place today. Not as regimented as my weekdays. Saw a thread in which someone mentioned General Tso Chicken so that was on my mind and there is this place about 40 minutes away that has the best chinese ever so I had dinner there tonight.

Not much else to say other than I got some of those odd pains in my chest (heart area) that happen every once in a great while. Like a small bust of sharp pain, like a cramp almost in that region. Last just for a moment and then goes away. The pain that when you get it for the very first time ever you think you are having a heart attack and then find out that everyone gets them once in a great while. (At least that's what I hope ) Took my 3 WB 30 minutes before sleeping and 1 scoop of GM around my normal time. Looking forward to back and bi's tomorrow.
                Total: 2692
                Fat: 128 43%
                Carbs: 207 30%
                Protein: 173 26%
                1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 24 of CL Stack:

1/29/07 171.5lbs. Got to bed at 11:30pm last night. Not the best sleep again last night but now that it is Monday I have started to see if the changing of my dosage timing on the GM will make any difference so today I took 1 scoop of GM a few hours earlier then normal.

I did screw myself though with training today. Everything was good at work and going well. I was eating and drinking as I wanted then I found out that we were having a quick going away gathering after work for one of our co-workers tonight. I really wanted to train as yesterday was an off day and the plan was to show up hang for just a minute and leave but that did not happen. I got home to late to get to the gym tonight.

It sucks but in the long run he is a good friend and it will be our last chance to see one another and I will have many other days to train in comparison. Used to be a time many, many, years ago that lifting ruled my life. Now this is my way of making sure I keep it in check I guess. Had 2 glasses of wine around 6:00pm at the gatherings as a side note. Will take my 3 WB 30 minutes before going to bed.
                  Total: 2942
                  Fat: 147 45%
                  Carbs: 219 29%
                  Protein: 189 26%
                  1 1/2 gallons of Water (very good day for me here)
                  Last edited by ltyson; 01-29-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Day 25 of CL Stack:

1/30/07 172lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Slept a little better last night. Might of been the wine . Only woke up once and that was to go to the bathroom. Work was okay. Started off a bit hectic and that screwed with my water and food intake in the morning but I got back on track in the afternoon and evening.

Workout was back and bi's. Was excited for this one since I missed training yesterday. Took 1 scoop of GM earlier then normal with some food, based on seeing if this helps with my sleep per the note in yesterdays log. Took my 3 WB 45 minutes before training. Very good workout. Weight felt good.

Did some good cardio on the bike for 24 minutes at a pretty high intensity after my workout. Quads got a huge pump. Sweated a ton. Also worked up a good sweat in my weight training. During cardio I got a weird dullpain/numbness feeling in my neck behind my right ear that sort of rose into my head. My head felt sort of tingly and light from it - don't know what the heck that is but felt very odd so I log it for my own knowledge and even now I still feel the same sensation.
                    Total: 2723
                    Fat: 117 39%
                    Carbs: 188 27%
                    Protein: 229 34%
                    1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 26 of CL Stack:

1/31/07 171.5lbs. Got to bed at 11:00pm last night. Had one of my best night sleeps in a long while. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out and felt like I slept deeply only waking up once to go the bathroom and then did not wake until my alarm went off. I was still tired in the morning but that is not surprising as my body is a little sleep deprived for sure. I also woke up with a headache in the front of my head and eye area that continued through the morning.

Mid-morning I got the same kind of numb feeling in the right side of my neck area that I got yesterday in the gym. Sort of dull pain and throbs and goes up my neck. Finally by 1:00pm my head was killing me so bad I had to take 2 Alleve. Helped a little but not totally and also did nothing for the pain and numbness in my neck. I drank a ton of water thinking that maybe I was a little dehydrated and maybe that was the cause of the headache but again that did nothing so I will just chalk it up as one of "those" days.

Legs and calfs are tonight. Took 1 scoop of GM just after getting home from work. Took 3 WB a little later approx 45 minutes before training. Workout went well. Good pump in both quads and calfs. Weight felt a little heavier then normal though but not to bad. I am still able to recover very well between sets and feel that has to be the WB and GM showing their true colors as I have stated in past posts. Diet and water was good today. Fat looks high but that was from my EFA's and the salad dressing I used on my grilled chicken salad for lunch so I am okay with that.
                      Total: 2832
                      Fat: 121 39%
                      Carbs: 227 31%
                      Protein: 207 30%
                      1 1/2 gallons of Water

Comment

Day 27 of CL Stack:

2/1/07 172.5lbs. Got to bed at 10:30pm last night. Little bit of a hard time falling a sleep but once I did I slept well again. Woke up with that feeling in my neck again and I am starting to think it is maybe a tight muscle that is spasaming a little at times. Work went okay. Was able to eat and drink as I needed but did leave early for a dentist appt so that screwed with one of my meals.

Since I got out early I was able to also train earlier then normal so I took 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 45 minutes before training. Today was chest, shoulders, tri's and I had another great workout. Felt very strong and again my recovery between sets is amazing me. I am using poundages of 80-85% of my one rep max's and normally I would have to rest 3 minutes or so between sets to feel totally ready for the next one. But now I swear I have to force myself to take at least 2 minutes as after a minute or minute and a half I am ready to go again.
                        Total: 2513
                        Fat: 73 26%
                        Carbs: 284 45%
                        Protein: 188 30%
                        1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 28 of CL Stack:

2/2/07 171.5lbs. Got to bed at 9:30pm last night. Okay night sleep compared to some days but I did wake up twice so not as good as the recent nights. Work was hectic and it messed with my eating and drinking today, but I was able to recover later on in the evening so it's not to bad.

Took my 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 30 minutes before training. Today was back and bi's. This workout was very good. I felt very strong and could do more weight and more reps then expected. Rest times again were very short. Recovery between sets was incredible. I had to again force myself to take a little more time.
                          Total: 2479
                          Fat: 88 32%
                          Carbs: 216 34%
                          Protein: 205 33%
                          1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 29 of CL Stack:

2/3/07 172lbs. Got to bed at 1:00am last night. Very late, but I had things to do from my home office and knew I could sleep in. Sleep was okay. Woke up once during the night. Diet was a little different as it always is on the weekends for me.

Today was legs and calves. Took 3 WB and 1 scoop of GM 45 minutes before training. Training was good but not quite at the same level as the last 2 days. Could still do more reps then planned though for all exercises. I hope everything continues as it is. I am getting excited about this phase ending and testing for my new "working 1rm's" to see how much strength I have gained. Watch, my strength will have dropped or some other odd crap will happen when it comes time to retest, and I will be wrong about my feelings, but right now I think things have come way up. Got a decent pump in the quads doing squats so that felt good.

Tomorrow is Day 30, no training, so my last does of WB will be used before bed. I will write a summary on WB in Day 31's log and continue with the GM through the rest of this phase. I am looking forward to seeing if I notice any difference coming off of the WB over time.
                            Total: 2450
                            Fat: 92 34%
                            Carbs: 217 35%
                            Protein: 189 31%
                            1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 30 of CL Stack:

2/4/07 171lbs. Got to bed at 11:00pm last night. Awoke 2 times last night. Skin has been dry recently even with the EFA's I have been taking in. Will continue to try and increase my water intake but I just seem to have a hard time getting past that 1 gallon mark.

Feel some nice soreness in my legs from the workout yesterday. No training today. To 1 scoop of GM around my normal time and then 3 WB 30 minutes before going to bed. This was my last dose of WB. Will put my thoughts together on this one and right a final review as I continue with the GM. Diet was a little off today as it was Superbowl Sunday so I ate some things I normally would not of.
                              Total: 2981
                              Fat: 132 41%
                              Carbs: 271 36%
                              Protein: 170 23%
                              1 gallon of Water

Comment

Day 31 of CL Stack:

2/5/07 172lbs. Got to bed at 11:00pm last night. Had a very hard time falling a sleep and woke up twice during the night. Work went okay and I was able to eat and drink as needed. Came home and prepared for the gym. Took 1 scoop of GM 40 minutes before training. Today was chest, shoulders, and tri's. Had an awesome workout!! That is saying a lot as I have had some very good days on this stack.

Weight felt good and I was able to many more reps then expected. I got great pumps in all the body parts I trained. Couple things of notice though, my rest periods were a little longer then the last few training sessions (the first day without WB, not sure if there is any correlation). I did not have to rest 3-4 minutes but still not the feeling of the last few in which I was ready to go after 1 minute. Also my heart started pumping pretty good, I normally do not get that, and lastly I sweated quite a bit. The sweating is not abnormal for me but today it was a lot. None of the above was bad and like I said the weight felt great, the pumps felt great and even now at 40 minutes after I feel very full and tight. Great feeling.

I have a Dr's appt in the morning for a full physical and blood work. Been probably about 15 years since I had a thorough checkup. Also hoping that she will run the blood work I say so I can get some baseline stats for my next stack. I can then be retested after that and see what kind of changes come about.

Being that this is my first day without the WB tabs I am hard pressed to really give to much feedback at this point. I have been very happy with my progress to date and as I mentioned before it is hard to say what supplement was responsible for helping different things. I can say that some logs show that the WB helped them sleep. I do not think it really helped me at all there but who is to say that my poor sleeping may of not been worse without it. I think the true test will come over these next few weeks as I finish out the GM. I will now be able to compare how my first 30 days feel over these last 30. I think that will help me create some judgments on each product and I will give a final wrap up and also continue to track changes along the way to see if anything is noticeable.

Todays diet was one of my biggest days to date. Maybe that is why I felt so good in the gym tonight. Water intake was also the highest it's been in a while but still not up to the 2 gallons and more some of you guys are doing. Everything just clicked, but I do not think I could continue with calories this high without adding a lot of fat also, but it's nice to swing the calories in either direction every once in a while.
                                Total: 3749
                                Fat: 89 21%
                                Carbs: 515 54%
                                Protein: 231 24%
                                1 1/2 gallons of Water

Comment

Working...
                                X