Malky's Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehe yeah. I plan on doing that
    Last edited by malky; 10-02-2006, 12:51 PM.
    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Man I hurt!

Hello again! Sorry about the lateness, but I am a busy man!

Man today I hurt! Not from working out, but because of all the bruises on my body! They are everywhere. Pulsating and stinging all over me! Its killer! Thank god its the arm day and not working any bigger muscle groups because I would be dead! But anyways, here is what I did today:

DAY 2: Biceps, Triceps, ( Forearms Workout One )

Barbell curls (12, 10, 8, 10) (last set done to failure) with 80 Lb Barbell
      supersetted with
      Behind the back dips ( 12, 10, 8, 10 )
      Followed by a final set of static contraction (after failure)

One arm incline bench curls ( 12, 10, 8, 12 ) with 40 lb dumbell
      supersetted with
      One arm tricep extensions ( 12, 10, 8, 12 ) with 30 lb dumbell
      Followed by a final set of static contraction

Incline Dumbbell Curls ( 12, 10, 8, 12 ) with 30 lb dumbell
      supersetted with
      Triceps Cable Press Downs ( 12, 10, 8, 12 ) at 170 lbs
      followed immediately by flexing of the triceps and biceps

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now, normally I should do a forearm workout in this routine, but I just couldn't do it today. I am brusied to S**t and my forearms are killing me. No forearm workout today. . I noticed though, that I had to down the weight as I got further into the workout. the GB+WB+PW combo wasn't as effective as yesterday. I have read in other cases that upping the dosage of WB imrpoved the pumps on the arms day, so I might do that. aslong as I don't become Greg Valentino . Anyways, thats my workout for today! Au Revoir!
      Last edited by malky; 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Now, On to eating habits!

I hate talking about this because it is always the hardest to admit it. I need to shape up on this part!! Its hard to eat right when I am at school all day. and I can't bring 4 meals into my napsack to each class. so What I eat, is what is there. Luckily there is a salad bar, as well as a place that sells tuna sandwiches on whole wheat bread. So that is the best I can do til about 6:00 PM.
        • Breakfeast: 4 peices of toast with peanut butter, a protein shake and pourage.
        • Lunch: Tuna sandwich, trail mix and bottled water
        • Inbetween: Protein Shake
        • Dinner(pre workout): Pasta with meatballs
        • gym time!!
        • Post workout: Protein Shake and leftover green salad

Now then. I when I woke up this morning, I was STARVING. I am thinking I am missing out on the things I need when I sleep. I take my multivitamins and EFA with my last meal before bed, but I don't think its enough. Any suggestions?

Comment

On a side note: I will be adding more cardio to my workout.

Comment

Good job so far!

I have some suggestions for waking up hungry:

When you sleep, your body goes into a state of catabolism. This means it feeds off itself. Hence - "Breakfast > Break the Fast". That's fine for your normal Dick and Jane, but when your a bodybuilder, sleeping is the main time when your muscles regenerate themselves and you grow. It's essential to feed your body during this time.

What I recommend is using a casein protein before bed. Sure, any protein will help; but casein is slow digesting and will therefor keep your body ANABOLIC for at least 5 hours during the night. A good casein protein plus WHITEBLOOD before bed will enable your body to recover better. Also, you won't wake up hungry anymore!

There's alot of casein proteins, nighttime protein blends and PM products. I'm sure they would all work rather well for you. For the money and nutritional value (and definately the TASTE!) I'm going to recommend Cytosport's EVOPRO. This is the protein that's in their Muscle Milk. It's a protein blend of whey and casein, however it's mostly casein. @3g fat and 3g carbohydrates.

Well, I hope this helps. Keep up the great work.
            -Renegade

Comment

good work so far on your log...RR is right about taking a slow digesting protein b4 bed. i know the feeling of eating during school...by chance are your classes spread out over the campus or all in kinda the same general area? saying this because if you have a vehicle you can just buy a little ice chest and stock it up for the day while in class, workied for me while i was taking classes, might do the trick for you too. good luck the rest of the way.
              Controlled Labs Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log:
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232

Bodybuilding.com Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log sponsored by Contolled Labs
              http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=903768

gettin down to business..

Comment

Thanks for the help! yes, my classes are spread everywhere and I take the bus right now until I can afford my car. so it kinda sucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                  Thanks for the help! yes, my classes are spread everywhere and I take the bus right now until I can afford my car. so it kinda sucks for me.
                  damn, well i hope you figure something out, cant say i didnt try.
                  Controlled Labs Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log:
                  http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232

Bodybuilding.com Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log sponsored by Contolled Labs
                  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=903768

gettin down to business..

Comment

Man that marshmallow can run!

Hello everyone!

Well today was the cardio and abs day. Nothing really special to note except for the fact that I am swollen just about everywhere. Those bruises have hit that puffy stage.I took a jog today and I looked like a big marshmallow, apparently. I am dead sexy!!

Eating habits? BAD BAD BAD! I really have to work on this. I don't know what it was, but I basically forgot to eat as much as I should have. university is killer! I didn't eat breakfeast, lunch, or anything in between! OH MY GOD. someone kick me in the retina so I focus a little better!

Comment

Damn... sounds pretty rough man !!

What about snack foods during the day ? Is that a possibility ?

Comment

Sorry about my absence everyone! its midterms for the next week, so my log might be delayed for a bit. But anyways, P... I can take dry stuff... I just don't want to spend too too much money. Any ideas? I was thinking trail mix... or bringing a can of tuna and a can opener and just eating it out of the can. Or mabye go out and buy a box of protein bars... Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                          can of tuna and a can opener and just eating it out of the can..
                          Now that's hardcore bodybuilding right there.

Comment

Man I love tuna! I could do that any day of the week! Okay so I got tuna snack.. now what else do I need. :P

Comment

Clif Bars and Cashews, baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X