Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome log man! Im going to try some Green Mag in the next few days. Im waiting on my sample to come in then I will probably end up buying some.

My only concern is that Ive tried alot of different forms of creatine in the past from monohydrate, micronized by ON, ethyl ester, etc... and they all irritated my stomach. Have you noticed any bloating or anything at all from this supplement?

Also, what all are you putting in your slushies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Determ1ned
      Awesome log man! Im going to try some Green Mag in the next few days. Im waiting on my sample to come in then I will probably end up buying some.

My only concern is that Ive tried alot of different forms of creatine in the past from monohydrate, micronized by ON, ethyl ester, etc... and they all irritated my stomach. Have you noticed any bloating or anything at all from this supplement?

Also, what all are you putting in your slushies?
      No stomach issues here whatsoever. With the slushies, I use 6 shaved ice cubes. In a seperate glass, I pour mix a serving and 2.5 ounces of water. I mix that up and then pour it over the ice.

Comment

• Day 65

Sunday Rest Day

Took my Hulk Slushy this morning before breakfast. I have to admit that today sort of sucks becuase it is the last day of my summer. I head back to school tomorrow. The only good thing about that is I get to get back in my university's gym, which is amazing. Since I will be in a new gym, obviously alot of my numbers are going to change as a result of using different equipment. This first week back in there will have to serve as a baseline. I will also take my weight tomorrow and use that as my baseline just because of possible scale difference.

Comment

• Day 66 (Workout #46)

Monday Chest Workout

BB Bench Press
          205lbs 8reps++
          205lbs 7reps++
          225lbs 3reps
          185lbs 5reps

Biangular Incline Press
          6plates 10reps
          6plates+50lbs 5.5reps
          6plates+50lbs 4.5reps

Biangular Flat Press
          4 Plates 10reps
          4 Plates+50lbs 5reps
          4 Plates+30lbs 4.5reps

Cable Flys
          48lbs 10reps
          48lbs 10reps
          60lbs 6reps

Dips
          BW+45lbs 6reps
          BW+45lbs 5reps
          BW+45lbs 5reps

**- denotes a PR
          ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
          Really good workout. It was great to be back in the university gym. Its the best gym I have ever been in and its full of great equipment. It was a little crowded, because you always get a bunch of people that go in there the first week or two, but most of them will give up and it will be back to the regulars. I was really happy to get back on the biangular presses. They are bench press machines, but the movement is both up and in. I fell an amazing squeeze whenever I use these machines. I also finally have a mirror next to me for doing dips. This let me watch and make sure I went down far enough on each and every rep. My chest was swole after the workout and I expect some solid DOMS tomorrow.

Workout Ratings
          Energy/Focus: 9/10
          *I was psyched to be back at my gym
          Endurance: 9/10
          *workout was extremly quick
          Strength: 8.5/10
          *strength increase on bench
          Workout Overall: 9/10
          *great feel to the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
          In general, it was difficult to assess strength today, and will be all week because I am using different equipment. However, I can monitor strength on barbell excercises and I saw some really solid strength increases on BB bench, which I was very happy about. Everything else about the workout felt great. On a side note, I jumped on the scale at the gym today and it read 188.6 lbs, so it is right on with the scale I was using all summer. That means my weight increases and measurements will still be accurate and remain the same as they have been.

Comment

• Day 67 (Workout #47)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
            BW 10reps
            BW 8reps++
            BW 6reps++
            BW 5reps

Close Grip Side to Side Pullups
            BW 8reps++
            BW 6reps
            BW 6reps
            BW 6reps

Seated Cable Rows
            144lbs 10reps
            156lbs 7reps
            156lbs 6reps (dropset 110lbs)

Standing T-Bar Rows
            2plates 12reps
            2plates+25lbs 10reps
            3plates 8reps

Deadlifts
            275lbs 10reps
            325lbs 3reps
            325lbs 2reps

**- denotes a PR
            ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
            Workout went great. I felt a lot stronger on pullups this week which is reflected by me pulling out some extra reps on a few sets. I felt really good on seated cable rows and was really happy with how my back felt after them. Standing T-bar rows went great, although I definitely went too light on my first set. Next week I will bump up the weight on that first set. Then came deadlifts. I can honestly say that my lower back still isnt right. Its to the point now that I dont have to worry about it on squats or anything like that. It doesnt give me any issues then. The only time it bothers me is on deads. I think I am going to lighten them up and start working my way back up in weight. Maybe this will help strengthen whatever is wrong in there. Despite the minor set back, the workout still went great.

Workout Ratings
            *mind was on nothing but the weights
            Endurance: 8.75/10
            *great endurance
            *Good strength today
            *awsome workout with crazy lat pumps.

Green Mag Thoughts:
            Strength was up on pullups and felt good on my other lifts. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the DOMS in my lats last week were insane. They were sore for a good 3-4 days after my back workout, which is crazy. My muscles are never sore for that long, and my lats very rarely get intense DOMS to begin with. It will be interesting to see where DOMS are at tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbc5
              No stomach issues here whatsoever. With the slushies, I use 6 shaved ice cubes. In a seperate glass, I pour mix a serving and 2.5 ounces of water. I mix that up and then pour it over the ice.
              Thanks man. Solid log too!

Comment

• Day 68 (Workout #48)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
                175lbs 7reps
                175lbs 5reps
                165lbs 6reps

DB Presses
                60lbs 6reps
                60lbs 5reps
                60lbs 4reps

Rear Delt Rows
                108lbs 13reps
                120lbs 10reps
                132lbs 6reps

Seated Lat Raises
                25lbs 12reps
                30lbs 8reps
                20lbs 12reps(went with reverse grip, Charles Glass style, on these)

DB Shrugs
                125lbs 20reps
                130lbs 15reps
                130lbs 15reps

Ab Workout
                Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
                **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                Shoulders felt amazing today. I cannot express to you what a difference it makes to have a mirror in front of you when performing shoulder excercises. The gym I had been at all summer didnt have a mirror in front of the smith machine or the area where I did my seated DB work. My university gym has mirrors everywhere, so I was able to really watch my form and make sure that I got the weights down to where I wanted them. The numbers are a little smaller then I had been getting, but I got a full ROM on everything, which I always feel is better then pushing higher numbers with shorter ROM. Everything is going great, and like I said, I'm just thrilled to be back in my university gym.

Workout Ratings
                Energy/Focus: 8.75/10
                *good energy and focus
                Endurance: 8.25/10
                *felt great the whole time
                Strength: 8.25/10
                *the workout was great
                Workout Overall: 8.25/10
                *really happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                The only thing I dont like about being back at the university gym is that I am alot more crunched for time before my workout, which means I dont have time to make Green Mag slushies preworkout anymore . It looks like it will just be a Friday morning and weekend treat (I dont have any classes on Fridays ). Outside of that, everything is going exactly as I hoped.

Comment

• Day 69 (Workout #49)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
                  225lbs 10reps
                  225lbs 8reps
                  275lbs 1rep
                  135lbs 20reps of pulse squats++

Leg Press
                  600lbs 12reps
                  690lbs 12reps
                  780lbs 8reps

Leg Ext
                  190lbs 12reps
                  200lbs 12reps
                  210lbs 11reps

Lying Leg Curls
                  160lbs 10reps
                  160lbs 8reps
                  160lbs 6reps

Calf Extensions
                  170lbs 15reps
                  190lbs 15reps
                  190lbs 13reps

Seated Calf Raises
                  90lbs 12reps
                  90lbs 12reps
                  90lbs 10reps

**-denotes a PR
                  ++-denotes an increase in reps or weight from last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                  Intensity in the gym today was absolutly phenomenal. I pushed hard and fought through everything. I am really happy to be back on the university's leg press because it allows me to set the chair back to a more reclined position. This allows me to go alot deeper on each of my reps (hence the lower weight numbers). Even though I didnt push as much weight as I was at the other gym, I felt a much harder workout then I had been getting. One thing that actually sucked about today was the feeling I had after I left the gym. Sometimes after a hard leg day, I have a feeling a nausea, but it is more reassurement of a job well done then a real issue. However, today it was almost more then I could handle. I was fighting to not lose my preworkout meal and have never had to fight so hard to get down a postworkout shake, and then keep it down. I guess it means I left it all in the gym, but I felt like absolute crap.

Workout Ratings
                  *focus was on point
                  *felt strong the whole workout
                  Strength: 9.25/10
                  *strength was good
                  Workout Overall: 9.25/10
                  *great workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                  Based on the intensity sickness, I guess you can tell I had a good workout. I intentionally woke up earlier then normal so I could make sure I had 2 hours after my preworkout meal before I started my lift. Normally, that takes care of any sickness, but today it was just too much. I barely drank half of my ABC, which I normally am struggling to ration at the end of my workout. Like I said, I guess that indicates a solid workout, but I just felt terrible. It should all be worth it tomorrow when I get some intense DOMS though .

Comment

• Day 70 (Workout #50)

Friday Arm Workout

Wall EZ Bar Curls
                    75lbs 10eps
                    80lbs 8reps
                    80lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                    155lbs 10reps
                    155lbs 8reps
                    155lbs 7reps

DB Preacher Curls
                    35lbs 10reps
                    40lbs 7reps
                    40lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Pushdown Machine
                    110lbs 10reps
                    110lbs 8reps
                    110lbs 7reps

One Hand Cable Curls
                    50lbs 10reps
                    60lbs 8reps
                    60lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Press Machine
                    130lbs 12reps
                    170lbs 12reps
                    190lbs 10reps**

Ab Workout
                    Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR
                    ++ - denotes an increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                    Arms felt great one again. They were pumped like crazy and felt amazing by the time my workout was done. I really slowed it down with the close grip bench presses and my tris were thrashed as a result. My first set on the tricep press machine was way too light and I will adjust that next week. MMC was great once again today, expecially in my biceps. Every rep was performed with a good strong flex at its peak. Really happy with the workout.

Workout Ratings
                    *excellent focus and energy
                    *really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                    Strength: 9/10
                    *excellent strength
                    *excellent arm workout and crazy pump

Green Mag Thoughts:
                    Another great arm workout with Green Mag. Everything went good today and intensity was high throughout. My ab circuit at the end went very well and I was sweating like crazy by the time I was done. I didnt sweat that much over the summer since the gym I was using had high air conditioning running all the time. The university gym doesnt run the air conditioning as high, and I have noticed alot more sweating as a result. I potentially have 10 days left in this log, although I am not sure if I have a full 10 servings left in the tub or not, I'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Week 10 Measurements

10 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 189.5lbs (+1lbs)
                      Arms: 15.5"(+.125")
                      Chest: 41" (+.125")
                      Shoulders: 47.875" (no change)
                      Waist: 32.125" (no change)
                      Calves: 15.375" (no change)
                      Thighs: 24.125" (+.125")
                      Forearms: 13.125" (+.125")
                      Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                      Awsome week of measurements. One thing that I am particular happy about is the growth in my chest. It had somewhat stalled for a little while and you guys that have been following know that I switched up my chest day a little bit and went to slower reps in hopes of elliciting new growth. It seems to have done the trick. Also, I once again avoided any waist gains, which is great. Cant ask for much more than that.

Comment

• Day 71

Saturday Rest Day

Very happy to get a Green Mag slushy in this morning. They really are an awsome treat. Outside of that, not too much exciting today, besides The Crew's fantasy draft that we just completed. I love my team by the way. Really really happy with how the draft went. Just realized that next week will be the last full week of this log, so that sort of sucks.

Comment

• Day 72

Sunday Rest Day

Green Mag slushy this morning, followed up by some oats and a shake. Have some reading I need to catch up on for school since I spent yesterday doing other things (yes college football and fantasy draft ). Should be a pretty laid back and easy day.

Comment

• Day 73 (Workout #51)

Monday Chest Workout

BB Bench Press
                            205lbs 7reps
                            205lbs 6reps
                            225lbs 3reps

Hammer Strength Chest
                            4plates 6reps
                            4plates 5reps
                            4plates 5reps

BB Incline Press
                            135lbs 11reps
                            155lbs 7reps
                            155lbs 5reps

One Arm Cable Flys
                            25lbs 10reps
                            25lbs 9reps
                            25lbs 9reps

Decline DBs
                            80lbs 5reps
                            75lbs 5reps
                            75lbs 5reps

**- denotes a PR
                            ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                            Not my typical workout today because my university gym and the gym I used all summer were both closed due to labor day. As a result, I had to use this smaller gym that isnt all that great. For one thing, it was really crowded so I had to adjust the ordering of my workout. Second, the BBs at this gym are a little over 45lbs, so it always throws off my numbers a bit. Luckily, day 80 of this log will be a chest day, which means this wont be my last chest day of the log. I'm glad just because I want to end with solid workouts for each muscle group.

Workout Ratings
                            Energy/Focus: 7.5/10
                            *I will admit the crowded gym was getting to me
                            Endurance: 8.25/10
                            *didnt really test endurance since I had to wait alot
                            Strength: 8/10
                            *hard to say because of the heavy barbells
                            Workout Overall: 8/10
                            *ehh, it will be good to get back in a good gym tomorrow

Green Mag Thoughts:
                            After today, it means I have one more workout for each muscle group, provided I get a full 80 servings out of my tub. I am thrilled with the way this log has gone and cant complain about anything. I have seen some solid results both in terms of strength and physique. I am looking forward to getting up some final pictures to compare my start and end results, because I feel like I have made some good progress. Regardless, I have really enjoyed this log and the support that everyone has given me so far.

Upcoming Log: MAN Clout. Featured character: ### *****(its a surprise ).

Comment

• Day 74 (Workout #52)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
                              BW 10reps
                              BW 8reps
                              BW 6reps
                              BW 5reps

Close Grip Side to Side Pullups
                              BW 8reps
                              BW 6reps
                              BW 6reps

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
                              72lbs 11reps
                              84lbs 7reps
                              84lbs 7reps

Seated Cable Rows
                              144lbs 10reps
                              156lbs 7reps
                              156lbs 7reps++

Deadlifts
                              225lbs 8reps
                              225lbs 6reps
                              275lbs 3reps

**- denotes a PR
                              ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                              The workout was awsome until it came to deadlifts. The weight was light, but I still felt that same tightness/pain feeling in my lower back. I think I may have to switch it up to some back hypers for awhile until whatever is going on right now is sorted out. I almost feel like I am not getting anything out of the deads because I am not fully pushing myself, but it still hurts. I went and talked to the trainer and she said she wasnt sure exactly what is wrong, but suggested I rest it for a little while and see what happens. She did say she doesnt beleive there is anything structurally wrong though, which I was relieved to hear. As I said, the rest of my workout was strong. Got an extra rep on my last set of cable seated rows and feel like I can get an extra rep next week on my first set. I also shortened my rest time on pullups, but still got all my reps.

Workout Ratings
                              *mind was on nothing but the weights
                              Endurance: 8.75/10
                              *great endurance
                              *Good strength today
                              *really happy with the workout, except for the lower back

Green Mag Thoughts:
                              Strength was great and I was happy with the workout overall. I must admit that it is disheartening to be having these deadlift issues becuase I was progressing nicely on them. When I left the gym, I felt that same disappointment you get after a bad workout. I really had to stop and think about how good I felt in the beginning of the workout to get over that feeling.

Comment

• Day 75 (Workout #53)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
                                145lbs 8reps++
                                145lbs 7reps++
                                145lbs 5.5reps

DB Presses
                                60lbs 5reps
                                60lbs 5reps
                                55lbs 5.5reps

Bent Over Lat Raises
                                35lbs 15reps
                                40lbs 12reps
                                40lbs 10reps

Lat Raises
                                25lbs 10reps
                                27.5lbs 10reps
                                27.5lbs 9reps

DB Shrugs
                                90lbs 20reps
                                100lbs 15reps
                                110lbs 10reps

Ab Workout
                                Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
                                **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                                Good shoulder workout, but not mind blowing. Seated BB presses were good and I was able to push out a few extra reps over the last time I did them. I went with a more straight up setting on the seated DB presses (nothing too dramatic, but I felt like it targeted my shoulders a little better). I also went with a little different technique on my DB shrugs today. I held the squeeze at the top on each rep for a period of time, rather then bringing them up and the going right back down. I felt really good after these and thing I will stick with this style for a litte bit. Everything else was solid and I end with some good ab work.

Workout Ratings
                                Energy/Focus: 8/10
                                *good energy and focus
                                Endurance: 8/10
                                *felt good the whole time
                                Strength: 8/10
                                *the workout was great
                                Workout Overall: 7.75/10
                                *solid workout, but nothing exceptional

Green Mag Thoughts:
                                Things are winding down with this log and I have been very happy with what I have gotten so far. I still look forward to my serving of Green Mag each morning, which shows that the flavor doesnt get old, at least for me. Honestly, I definitely have seen better results with Green Mag then the bulk CEE I was using before this log. Obviously more on this to come with the final review.

Comment

Working...
                                X