No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried PRRS training program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried PRRS training program?

I feel I've hit the wall at this point and having a difficult time getting over it. I've hit the wall a few times but always seem to get over it somehow. Everyone is telling me switch up your routine change intensities etc etc... I came upon this PRRS training program and was wondering if anyone has tried it? Would it be worth my time and expense!? Or does anyone else have some advice for me to get me over this wall (i.e. adding/losing certain exercises, intensities etc...)?

add in plyometrics or olympic lifts if your strong enough -- they teach muscle groups to work better in synch with one another (and within itself as an individual muscle motor unit) and to fire quicker (again as chains of movement and as individual muscles), which should help any strength exercise assuming they are performed correctly and implemented in a sound manner.

Comment

I agree with jd. I have added explosive movement and power lift into my routine and my strength has increased with the traditional lift, (squat, bench, and DL).

I had felt like I hit the wall, then I changed it up, but what works for me may not work for you! Look into different lift and try them out. Find out what you like and incorporate different lifts or movement into your training. This forum and BB.com's forum is a great resource.

Good luck to ya!

Comment

I will definitely start adding DL's, squats, and some plyo. Another question I have is if I do end up working a certain muscle group twice per week should I go really heavy less reps the first time then lighter more reps the second time around?

Comment

Originally posted by 98zman View Post
          I will definitely start adding DL's, squats, and some plyo. Another question I have is if I do end up working a certain muscle group twice per week should I go really heavy less reps the first time then lighter more reps the second time around?
          depends on your goals and fitness state

the westside method has a max effort (heavy low reps, 1-5RM) and a dynamic effort day (light and explosive, 50-60% of RM and goal is for rapidly bar movement) -- this is amazing for power and overall strength development

since it's heavy lifting, it is very taxing on the nervous system, and thus it becomes even more improtant you have a proper periodized program design in place....

if all of this was over your head, you need to buy books on training and learn, and not stupid BS books by some douchebag selling a fat burner, books by trained and educated strength coaches or individuals involved in the academic study of such..

Comment

depending on how 'heavy' your heavy days actually are, you might want to not work that muscle group twice in the same week ... but it varies by person and intensity ... I'm still on Max-OT and need to rest a week between heavy compound days like back, chest, and legs

@ jd ... how about some titles listed as examples for those books ... or was that just a meaningless rant that failed at answering the question?
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

When I trained each body part twice a week I went heavy on the first 3 days, then lighter when working them again the next 3 days and with different exercises.
              laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by strester View Post
                depending on how 'heavy' your heavy days actually are, you might want to not work that muscle group twice in the same week ... but it varies by person and intensity ... I'm still on Max-OT and need to rest a week between heavy compound days like back, chest, and legs

@ jd ... how about some titles listed as examples for those books ... or was that just a meaningless rant that failed at answering the question?
                serious?

see attachent

I also have 2-3pdfs from well respected people listing more books I hope to cover at some point in my life

I apologize they are not all sole training (some may even be totally random, haha) --- I strive to be very diverse in the topics & vantage points I build my own personal opinions, thoughts and what not from..plus I enjoy learning more about anything/everything relevant to sport/health

on top of that I have a book shelf filled with ones i've already bought, in addition to the worthwhile academic textbooks I've held onto, and all the publications of strength & conditioning journals/newsletters I get..yaddayaddayadda

If I did not answer the original question, it must be because I was either too busy trying to accomplish something more important (ie: the original author does not pay me enough to spend my time answering with extreme detail to their questions) or perhaps I feel it is most beneficial when one's self comes to obtain and develop it's own education and understanding of life rather than to be spoonfeed everything from outside sources...

or maybe it was both?

I was never a big fan of reading, but during grad school my advisor stressed its importance in terms of keeping your mind young and healthy, and since than my mentor at Temple in the strength/conditioniing program is constantly reading and alot of the webinars/dvd's I've bought they pound to death the importance of learning & education (reading)... my goal for the new years is to read at least 1 book a month.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jiritt0; 12-22-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

sometimes it's just too easy
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

I feel I've hit the wall at this point and having a difficult time getting over it. I've hit the wall a few times but always seem to get over it somehow. Everyone is telling me switch up your routine change intensities etc etc... I came upon this PRRS training program and was wondering if anyone has tried it? Would it be worth my time and expense!? Or does anyone else have some advice for me to get me over this wall (i.e. adding/losing certain exercises, intensities etc...)?
                    I like some of Eric Broser's programs. I'd say its worth giving it a shot.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                    www.controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                      When I trained each body part twice a week I went heavy on the first 3 days, then lighter when working them again the next 3 days and with different exercises.
                      I did something somewhat similar... hitting each bodypart heavy and then again though lighter with much higher volume.
                      kane@controlledlabs.com
                      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                      www.controlledlabs.com
                      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                        I did something somewhat similar... hitting each bodypart heavy and then again though lighter with much higher volume.
                        Yep, and saw some nice gains.
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                        X