Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how often should i switch my work out plan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often should i switch my work out plan ?

Hi i'm new i have been lifting for about 2 month on the same work out how often should i switch up the different excise for each muscle or should i just keep doing the same ones? because from what i know muscle adopt to the excise and it wont grow any more what should i do ?

Originally posted by wing911 View Post
    Hi i'm new i have been lifting for about 2 month on the same work out how often should i switch up the different excise for each muscle or should i just keep doing the same ones? because from what i know muscle adopt to the excise and it wont grow any more what should i do ?
    Kane will probably have a more in-depth answer, but you can tweak every single workout. As far as major changes to workout protocol, I'd go 1-2 months on a solid protocol to see how you respond.

Also important IMO, train SPECIFIC to YOUR individual goals with your strengths, weaknesses, and health in mind.
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 02-28-2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
      Kane will probably have a more in-depth answer, but you can tweak every single workout. As far as major changes to workout protocol, I'd go 1-2 months on a solid protocol to see how you respond.

Also important IMO, train SPECIFIC to YOUR individual goals with your strengths, weaknesses, and health in mind.
      Yep... I'll stick to the same workout anywhere from 3-8 weeks.

Many, especially beginners can make progress on the same routine for up to 6 month. The problem with changing a program around too much is that you make it difficult to monitor progress.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

the same exercses should stick in your work consistently.

movements like the squat, bench press, bent over row, shoulder press, deadlifts should always be done (unless an injury makes them counterproductive).

There are numerous ways to variate these individual exercses to provide optimal benefits, for example ive got alittle list below

Squats
        back squats
        front squats
        oly squats
        uneven (weight) squats
        uneven (feet placement) squats (one foot higher/lower than other)
        uneven stance squats (one foot slightly forward/backward other)
        hack squats

deadlifts

normal deads
        str leg deads
        suitcase deads
        uneven deads
        deadlift into a upright row
        sumo deads

shoulder press

standing shoulder press (bar and/or DBs)
        alternate DB press (alternate from top or bottom)
        arnold press
        single leg standing shoulder press

bent over row
        barbell or DBs
        close or wide grip
        lawnmoawers
        T bars
        overhand/underhand grip

bench press
        close/shoulder/wide grip
        bar or DBs
        flat/incline/decline
        overhand/underhand grip

see, those are the major lifts (after oly lifts which are more advanced) -- they all have numerous ways to be performed just to slightly change the angle and the work involved. What will change is the intensity of your workouts, be it through actual weight used, number of sets or reptitions, or your rest periods (decreasing them raises intensity) -- depending on your goals (power, strength, hypertropy/size, endurance) there are suggested ranges for all of these, but the exercises performed should be the same

I personally strive to do those lifts at least once a week, changing the way it is done each time. Monday I may back squat and friday I may front squat then the next week monday I may overhead/oly squat and friday do jump squats (for example) depending on your goals and more importantly fitness history, doing them once a week may be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
        X