Help me on my training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me on my training

Hi i just start weight lifting and i'm doing 3x a week with rest in between but i'm wondering that how many time do i need to work on a muscle group for it to be big ? because i'm donig whole upper body every time when i lift so most of the upper body muscle get train 3x a week. is that better ? or just do 3 day split is better but then each muscle group will be only work out for once a week? each time i spend about 1 hour lifting and about 20 min running. this is where i dont understand is it better to go 3x full body or 3x split. how many times a muscle need to work out a week to get max result ? any expert help me plz ? thx alot

3 whole body workouts is fine. You could build a great base on that and progress on it for the next year or 2 even. Just don't neglect your lower body. That woudl be a big mistake.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
      3 whole body workouts is fine. You could build a great base on that and progress on it for the next year or 2 even. Just don't neglect your lower body. That woudl be a big mistake.
      but then just upper body take me 1 hour to do already i dont really have time to do the lower body i mostly run is that count as a lower body work out ? or i need to do weight left for legs 2 ?

Comment

If you are bodybuilding then you need to include a heavy workout for the legs. If you are just training for performance than yeah I guess running and also add burpees can be great for your conditioning. You can do a upper body/ lowerbody split or you can spil the muscles up for each day. I did full body HIT for a few weeks but I decide to do a split so I can but more concentration on that muscle with compound and isolation exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by wing911 View Post
          i mostly run is that count as a lower body work out ?
          Only if you're a "runner"

j/k even then = it still doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
            Only if you're a "runner"

j/k even then = it still doesn't
            yeah again train specifically for your sport. if you are an endurance athlete or a sprinter then yes running is a great workout. but for bodybuilding which is size, definition and so on running can only go so far.

Comment

you need to define your goals before you or anyone can design a plan ..

and to tturn running into a leg workout, do sprints ::: up a very steep incline, buy a parachute or sled and get a hundred pounds of resistence or so.
              Last edited by jiritt0; 12-12-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X