Jumping rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping rope

I think I might try jumping rope as a form of cardio, but before I went out and spent a precious 5 dollars on a jump rope, I thought I would ask the board. Do you all reccomend this as a good form of cardio? I can only run for so long before my fucking feet loose feeling, I thought I'd throw in some Jump rope for something new.

Think I would look like a big fudgie jumping rope at the gym? is jump-roping best saved for at home training?

Good stuff.... I use the adjustable / weighted kind. Very efficient form of cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Good stuff.... I use the adjustable / weighted kind. Very efficient form of cardio.
      Agreed. Also a good way to improve coordination if your a clutz like me.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
        Agreed. Also a good way to improve coordination if your a clutz like me.
        Yeeeeahhh...my coordination could prolly use some improvement.

Comment

if ROCKY can do it and look good I say why not...

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
            I think I might try jumping rope as a form of cardio, but before I went out and spent a precious 5 dollars on a jump rope, I thought I would ask the board. Do you all reccomend this as a good form of cardio? I can only run for so long before my fucking feet loose feeling, I thought I'd throw in some Jump rope for something new.

Think I would look like a big fudgie jumping rope at the gym? is jump-roping best saved for at home training?
            If you're concerned about looking like a tool jumping rope, then I guess the only thing missing is the rope.

Seriously, add it. I added it as a warm up to my runs to loosen my calves and shins and my runs have gotten longer and with less/no pain or fatigue in those once problem areas. As far as losing feeling in your feet, that sounds like a problem. Laces too tight? Bad circulation? Get it checked. Jumping rope could help the circulation though.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

jumping rope can be as intense as you want it to be, especially after you learn the more advanced stuff like the stutter steps, crossovers, double jumps, etc etc.

no pain, no gain i say

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                jumping rope can be as intense as you want it to be, especially after you learn the more advanced stuff like the stutter steps, crossovers, double jumps, etc etc.
                no pain, no gain i say
                I havent done any of that since I was like 8 man, I dont even remember what half that stuff is

I'm enjoying jump roping so far, I HATE cardio, so adding new forms of cardio keeps things a little more interesting and a little less miserable.

Comment

I HATE cardio
                  if you want fat loss, you'll learn to love it.

Comment

if you want fat loss, you'll learn to love it.
                    I've learned to tolerate it...I dont hafta like it...

Comment

I've learned to tolerate it...I dont hafta like it...

i disagree, you SHOULD love it lol

you have to enjoy what you are doing to see any results IMO. think of all the lazy people out there NOT doing it, thats what always motivates me. i work with about 85 people, and i kid you not , most of them are PhDs or MDs and only 4 of us work out regularly. the rest are on "diets" (and proceed to have a cheeseburger and french fries because they were in a hurry) and ridicule me for having a protein shake and passing on pieces of cake that are put out everyday.

if you dont like what u are doing, fix it. in addition to my running (which i love because i get to focus on myself) i also do MMA , which can be tougher than running most of the time (and its fun as hell).

IMO, there are NO excuses when it comes to your health.

and for the record, aches and pains are a part of working out, they're going to be there.
                      Last edited by jaymdubbs; 04-24-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

you have to enjoy what you are doing to see any results IMO. think of all the lazy people out there NOT doing it, thats what always motivates me. i work with about 85 people, and i kid you not , most of them are PhDs or MDs and only 4 of us work out regularly. the rest are on "diets" (and proceed to have a cheeseburger and french fries because they were in a hurry) and ridicule me for having a protein shake and passing on pieces of cake that are put out everyday.

if you dont like what u are doing, fix it. in addition to my running (which i love because i get to focus on myself) i also do MMA , which can be tougher than running most of the time (and its fun as hell).

and for the record, aches and pains are a part of working out, they're going to be there.
                        Awesome posting man !!

Comment

Amen Brother!!
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

whew, i feel better now. im just sick of hearing excuses. DO something about it

Comment

whew, i feel better now. im just sick of hearing excuses. DO something about it
                              excuses are like assholes...

Comment

Working...
                              X