Sore Lats after chest workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Lats after chest workout

Is it common to have super-duper sore lats after chest day? Or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I'll go ahead and throw this Q in also instead of making a new thread just for it.
    Everytime I go to do dips a sharp pain shoots through my forearms (feels almost like it's in the bone). Can anyone help to explain why this happens? Weak bones maybe?
    Last edited by adrian andras; 04-02-2007, 07:14 AM.

What are you doing for exercises?

Something like pushups will fatigue your back, shoulders, and arms along with chest.

Something like bench press should not.

If you are new to lifting, it could be that your body is getting used to the movement, and your stabilizers are a little stressed.

My advice is to lower the weight and check your form, lift slowly and make sure to contract your chest at the top of the movement.

Comment

I do some pretty heavy flies, i think that might be hitting my lats

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        I do some pretty heavy flies, i think that might be hitting my lats
        shouldn't be hitting them that hard ... check the form, and lower the weight ... you want your chest to be sore, not the lats
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Bench will hit some lats if your form is on tap. (ie. should be lifting off your nipple line, thus will include lats, tris, and chest.)

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
            Bench will hit some lats if your form is on tap. (ie. should be lifting off your nipple line, thus will include lats, tris, and chest.)

I tend to agree.. I guess it depends on how "sore" we're talking about. A bit off topic, but I really like to hit chest at various angles of incline (inspired by IFBB Pro Bob Chic)... I think it's actually starting to pay off

Comment

Dumbell pullovers could cause sore lats if done properly as well.

Comment

If you are flairing your lats at the top (when the dbs touch) it is possible to get sore lats. This would more then likely happen when doing heavier flies and are getting close to failure and trying to pushout the last few.

Comment

I got the problem pinpointed now, thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                    I got the problem pinpointed now, thanks guys!
                    Share.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                      Share.

'Twas the flies, I was doing them way too heavy. Since I dropped weight with the flies my wrists have quit hurting too.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                        I tend to agree.. I guess it depends on how "sore" we're talking about. A bit off topic, but I really like to hit chest at various angles of incline (inspired by IFBB Pro Bob Chic)... I think it's actually starting to pay off
                        You got a pretty damn jacked up chest from what I see there pu12en12g :P
                        Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Working...
                        X