X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlled Labs
    replied
    Originally posted by poopies View Post
    Good thing she did that because any day now you could be fined for not having insurance. Sorry, I shouldn't get started...
    haha, lets not even go there, that deserves its own thread.

Leave a comment:

• poopies
    replied
    Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
    i have the cobra insurance from blue cross i think... i lost it when i finished school..and i refused to pay for it, so my moms got me it..
    Good thing she did that because any day now you could be fined for not having insurance. Sorry, I shouldn't get started...

Leave a comment:

• jiritt0
    replied
    i have the cobra insurance from blue cross i think... i lost it when i finished school..and i refused to pay for it, so my moms got me it..

Leave a comment:

• pu12en12g
    replied
    You can probably get all the labs you're looking into for a reasonable price even without insurance.
    I can vouch for:
    www.privatemdlabs.com

Leave a comment:

• pu12en12g
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
    I Played Doctor last night. Moving Along.......

Leave a comment:

• Controlled Labs
    replied
    proctologist?
    Yeah, but a CBC doesn't really have anything he's looking for. CBC is only going to tell you the number/percentages of RBCs, WBCs, platelets. Doesn't really do much for the average person unless they suspect an infection or they're screening for certain diseases.

You can probably get all the labs you're looking into for a reasonable price even without insurance. I thought a CBC would only be around $30 but maybe I'm wrong. I had to pay out of pocket for a rubella titer and it was $40. A CBC is much easier than looking for antibodies.

High five!
    correct, just trying to show him prices can vary greatly. i just paid 140 bucks for a cbc on my dog yesterday nothing is cheap unless you have a good insurance plan and its covered.

Leave a comment:

• poopies
    replied
    Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
    depends on your insurance, but if you get the works it can cost over a grand if insurance wont cover it. regular cbc is about 150 bucks without insurance
    Yeah, but a CBC doesn't really have anything he's looking for. CBC is only going to tell you the number/percentages of RBCs, WBCs, platelets. Doesn't really do much for the average person unless they suspect an infection or they're screening for certain diseases.

You can probably get all the labs you're looking into for a reasonable price even without insurance. I thought a CBC would only be around $30 but maybe I'm wrong. I had to pay out of pocket for a rubella titer and it was $40. A CBC is much easier than looking for antibodies.

High five!
    Last edited by poopies; 09-29-2009, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• conda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Controlled Labs
    replied
    Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
    i just found out my doctors info from the insurance i have... i guess they moved locations and my insurance broker decided to let me know..

I've been wanting to get a full blood profile done.. like ldl, hdl, cholosterol, triglycerides, and than the sex hormones too...mainly testosterone....

but basically, im wondered what all they can check from a blood profile/test...? can they get insulin and estrogen levels? blood sugar ? does it cost more if i request to have the whole spectrum/everything tested?

i may call em here soon and see what the 411 is and set up an apt! but if anyone knows some insight that'd be great.
    depends on your insurance, but if you get the works it can cost over a grand if insurance wont cover it. regular cbc is about 150 bucks without insurance

Leave a comment:

• jiritt0
    replied
    i just found out my doctors info from the insurance i have... i guess they moved locations and my insurance broker decided to let me know..

I've been wanting to get a full blood profile done.. like ldl, hdl, cholosterol, triglycerides, and than the sex hormones too...mainly testosterone....

but basically, im wondered what all they can check from a blood profile/test...? can they get insulin and estrogen levels? blood sugar ? does it cost more if i request to have the whole spectrum/everything tested?

i may call em here soon and see what the 411 is and set up an apt! but if anyone knows some insight that'd be great.

Leave a comment:

• Dracoy
    replied
    Yup, Tank hit it dead on. I always feel stopping is the best bet just temporarily.

Leave a comment:

• RenegadeRows
    replied
    Originally posted by icemanrrc View Post
    I would stay away from the stimulants like White Flood at least 24 hours prior to the blood test just to keep your blood pressure at your "natural" level.
    Good advice

Leave a comment:

• icemanrrc
    replied
    I would stay away from the stimulants like White Flood at least 24 hours prior to the blood test just to keep your blood pressure at your "natural" level.

I would stay on everything else. You need to have yourself checked at an honest state of being.

Just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• poopies
    replied
    I would recommend avoiding anything with stimulants (WF, REDuction, etc) before going for your appt. They could shoot up your BP and therefore not allow them to get an accurate reading. (Although a good doctor/nurse should ask you if you've consumed any caffeine and make sure you've been sitting 5+ minutes before taking your BP).

If you're not having blood drawn for any panels, then you should be fine staying with the other supplements. If you are having tests done, then there's a slight chance your numbers could show up as abnormal and cause a hoopla.
    Last edited by poopies; 09-16-2009, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pu12en12g
    replied
    Yes, I would

Leave a comment:

Working...
X