Drinking PW during the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking PW during the day.

I been drinking an extra serving or 2 of PW during the day for extra recovery (it works). I was wondering if I'm "wasting" the endurance complex by during this. Am I better off getting some bulk BCAA or Xtend or something and reserving my PW for workouts? Whatcha think?

Awesome idea, I would definately do this if I had the cash

And as for the endurance complex, to get to a really effective dose of Beta Alanine you would need ~2.5scoops of PW, and even more for the citrulline malate and I would think that spreading the dosages throughout the day would help absorption

Comment

its expensive yes -- you might get similiar results taking bulk leucine throughout the day instead

i did this one in the past. good times. now i hardly use aminos anymore, even though I have like 10lb of pw/xtend

Comment

any specific reason you dont use them anymore?
        CL Green Mag
        CL White Flood
        CL Purple Wrath
        CL Orange Triad
        CL Reduc PM
        ON 100% Whey
        ON 100% Casein
        Universal Real Gains

I LOVE CL, first time trying the products and will be a life long customer, really wish I could afford to add in more CL item's to my stack!!!

Comment

busy +lazy

i leave my house at 8am and get home at like 9pm.. I pack 3 protein shakes, 2 sandwhiches, an apple,an orange, and 2 fiber/yogurt bars.. plus all my pill supplements (creatine, OT, reduction, hoodia, fiber pills, fish oil, sesamine)... adding amino acids would require even more shaker bottles/bags/time

plus

I've learned not to depend on supplements, but my nutrition + training instead...

I would like to try bulk leucine though, theres alot out there saying its the only BCAA of importance...and after thinking of this thread some more, I believe PW is best around workouts, and BCAAs are better at other times of the day

bulk BCAA taste like crap apparantly.. bulk leucine i believe has a vary weak taste (?) -- wheycheap or whey2buy has an xtend deal coming up this month, orange flavor which is pretty nasty but its cheap and works.

Comment

busy +lazy

i leave my house at 8am and get home at like 9pm.. I pack 3 protein shakes, 2 sandwhiches, an apple,an orange, and 2 fiber/yogurt bars.. plus all my pill supplements (creatine, OT, reduction, hoodia, fiber pills, fish oil, sesamine)... adding amino acids would require even more shaker bottles/bags/time

plus

I've learned not to depend on supplements, but my nutrition + training instead...

I would like to try bulk leucine though, theres alot out there saying its the only BCAA of importance...and after thinking of this thread some more, I believe PW is best around workouts, and BCAAs are better at other times of the day

bulk BCAA taste like crap apparantly.. bulk leucine i believe has a vary weak taste (?) -- wheycheap or whey2buy has an xtend deal coming up this month, orange flavor which is pretty nasty but its cheap and works.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              I would like to try bulk leucine though, theres alot out there saying its the only BCAA of importance....
              U got any links to info I can read bout this?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                U got any links to info I can read bout this?
                http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/...ct/135/6/1553S

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/leucine4.pdf
                (this one is more dealing with the elderly, but it touches on the effects of leucine and EAA's in both young and old)

Comment

theres threads all over on bb.com prolly, and other sites. just search for amino acids -- it will be a more powerful experience if you learn it for yourself rather than get spoonfeed everything.

Comment

Well I know Leucine is the most important of the BCAAs, but I didnt think the other 2 were near worthless. Powerful Experience? I want to find a nutritional article, not Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                      Well I know Leucine is the most important of the BCAAs, but I didnt think the other 2 were near worthless. Powerful Experience? I want to find a nutritional article, not Jesus.
                      lol, good discussion on that here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=111066101

well worth the read but its a long one so here are some cliffs:
                      -leucine is the only AA that activates protein synthesis and therefore the most important
                      -3-5g doses, 3-4hours apart is the best way to take it
                      -the other EAA's extend the time protein synthesis is elevated (2-4hours vs 30-60min with just leucine)
                      -The other 2BCAA's may help prevent imbalance but really you may as well take bulk leucine OR the all the EAA's

Comment

Working...
                      X