Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I gave up on my last logging effort...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
    You and me both! hello weekend.
    Seriously! I don't know what it has been about this week. I even had a day off!
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Stepmill: 55 stories in 10 minutes
      Arc Trainer: 0.69 miles in 10 minutes
      Free Motion Weighted Crunch: 15x145; 15x145; 15x145; 15x145
      Elliptical: 2.44 miles in 10 minutes
      Stationary Bike: 7.70 miles in 20 minutes

So, why is it that I felt like crap yesterday on a lifting day and felt awesome this morning on an endurance day. I mean, obviously, keeping the endurance and cardio up is important to me, or else I'd just let it go, since my focus is building muscle, but I would have much rather had the two reversed.

Oh well, we take what we get, and I'm a big believer in the idea that "slow days" are a message from our body that we shouldn't ignore. They don't keep me from working as hard as I can, but I will let myself back off for safety's sake and to recover to have it be that much better next time. Anyway, almost ready to add another five to that weighted ab machine. Also, I wonder how the Arc Trainer measures distance. I can't get past 0.69 miles, and it taxes me more than any other cardio machine, and burns as many calories. It doesn't upset me...I'm just curious. I know I took enough strides to walk MUCH further than that.

This weekend holds some possibilities (outside of lifting). A buddy's band is playing at a local watering hole tonight - may check it out if I can get some folks to go. I have a number of friends playing in an orchestral pops concert tomorrow - same deal - will go if I can do so with someone else. Hopefully all of that will be enhanced by a good session tomorrow morning.

Comment

The thing I've noticed about eating more this week is that I'm more full after a meal, but when that wears off, I go straight from feeling very full to being very hungry. I've considered variations on the warrior diet and IF, but I don't see how that could feel comfortable through the day. I don't eat as often as I do because of some idea about metabolism or anything - I do it because I don't like feeling hungry!

Comment

David (that's me, btw) is not happy with today's effort. I have been so excited about my deadlifts the last two weeks. Starting this routine, I never figured I would pull that much. Well, this morning, I couldn't even get 365 for one. I don't know what the deal was. For some reason, I just couldn't get the first bit of the pull this morning. I'm wondering if having a day like this is normal for a routine where you're trying to do maximal lifts often, since this is my first go with one. I just don't want to slide back after such a great start. Grrrrrrr.....

At least the rest of the session felt good, but it didn't take away disappointment at being freakin' 90 pounds under my pull from last week.

Deadlift: 8x135; 6x185; 5x225; 5x275; 4x315; 5x275; 6x225
          Alternating Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 10x35; 10x40; 10x40; 10x40
          Upright Row: 10x95; 10x95; 10x95; 10x95
          Standing Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension: 6x70; 6x70; 6x70; 6x70
          Standing Calf Press: 20x285; 20x285; 20x285; 20x285
          Elliptical: 2.47 miles in 10 minutes

Comment

Just wanted to say that I got my Oximega kit. I tried the greens for the first time this morning. I'm not crazy about drinks that have mint taste - no mint tea, no mojitos, etc. That is, unless they also have chocolate! The solution was obvious. I mixed a scoop of the greens mix with two scoops of chocolate Lipotropic Protein (my current favorite) and had this along with some oats. The taste was great! It was a lighter mint taste than I've had in most chocolate-mint flavored proteins. Hard to believe there are so many servings of goodness in that little scoop of nasty-looking (let's be honest) powder. This stuff seems like it could be a great addition for overall health.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
              David (that's me, btw) is not happy with today's effort. I have been so excited about my deadlifts the last two weeks. Starting this routine, I never figured I would pull that much. Well, this morning, I couldn't even get 365 for one. I don't know what the deal was. For some reason, I just couldn't get the first bit of the pull this morning. I'm wondering if having a day like this is normal for a routine where you're trying to do maximal lifts often, since this is my first go with one. I just don't want to slide back after such a great start. Grrrrrrr.....

At least the rest of the session felt good, but it didn't take away disappointment at being freakin' 90 pounds under my pull from last week.

Deadlift: 8x135; 6x185; 5x225; 5x275; 4x315; 5x275; 6x225
              Alternating Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 10x35; 10x40; 10x40; 10x40

Unless youve been doing something real stupid in your training(which looking at your log, you havent) I assure you its a fluke on your pull. Sometimes we have bad days. Make sure that your meals are in shape, your water intake is good, and you perform it the same way(correct way) you did last time
              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
              CFD

Comment

That's what I've been counting on. Either way, I'm honestly happy with 315, except for the fact that I know I can do better. Like I said at the start of this log, I don't have much experience with deads.

Anyway, so much for today being a true off day. We celebrated my sister's birthday at an Asian buffet place - full hibachi grill and sushi bar - awesome!!! Then we went back and moved the new furniture my parents got her into her room. Of course I was enlisted. We also had to move her old stuff out. Doing that stuff sucks, because being short turns into such a disadvantage - so many of the good places to hold were a little too high up for me to get good leverage and my wrists were all weird. Oh well - she was happy, and that's what matters for today!

I guess it's time to start another week...

Comment

I feel much better after today's workout. Great upper body day! My distance on the elliptical wasn't as high, which in my mind means that I pushed harder during the lifting. Like I've said, I like the cardio after to really burn out to the end. I feel more "finished" after that, if it makes sense, not that I don't give everything I have while lifting.

Before starting this, I had been completely stalled on my chest. Apparently I've moved past that a bit.

Anywho...

Bench Press: 12x45; 8x95; 8x135; 8x185; 6x205; 6x225; 4x235; 3x245
                  Incline Dumbbell Press: 8x65; 8x65; 8x70; 8x70
                  T-Bar Row: 12x115; 12x135; 12x135; 12x135
                  Rear Delt Fly Machine: 15x85; 15x85; 15x85
                  Preacher Curl: 10x65; 10x75; 10x75; 10x75
                  Elliptical: 2.46 miles in 10 minutes

Comment

Squat: 12x45; 8x135; 8x185; 6x225; 5x275; 5x275; 5x315; 5x315; 3x365; 1x375 (kinda, sorta, not really)
                    Bulgarian Split Squat (back leg elevated, holding dumbbells): 12x55; 12x60; 12x60; 12x60
                    Lying Leg Curl: 8x130; 8x140; 8x140; 8x150
                    Plate Pinch Grip: 3 timed sets to failure holding one 45 pound plate
                    Elliptical: 2.58 miles in 10 minutes

My legs hated me after this. I was excited, but too beat to express it.

Comment

Elliptical: 2.41 miles in 10 minutes
                      Stationary Bike: 7.53 miles in 20 minutes

I've been getting a little bit better sleep this week, which is something I really realized last night. I like sleep.

Comment

I <3 sleep!!
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Definitely. Sleep is one of my five favorite things.

Comment

Oh man. The support exercises get reeeeeally tough after the opening lifts with this program! Today felt good. I haven't upped weight on a few lifts (not just for today), but I'm feeling stronger through the reps each week. It's tough to up the support lifts when I'm pushing the main lift each day. It's all good, though - today felt nice.

Incline Bench Press: 37x95; 27x95; 26x95
                            EZ Bar Pushdown: 8x90; 8x95; 8x95; 8x95
                            Lat Pull: 10x170; 10x170; 10x170; 10x170
                            Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 12x45; 12x45; 12x45
                            EZ Bar Curl: 10x65; 10x65; 10x65; 10x65
                            Dumbbell Shrug: 12x90; 12x90; 12x90

Comment

I had to be at work at 7:30 this morning because we closed at 4:00 to move the office (new spot on Tuesday!). As such, I hurried through what I did this morning, taking pretty much no rest between machines, when I usually take a couple of minutes to get my breathing normalized. I think I could have pushed the distances further with that little extra rest, but whatever.

Elliptical: 2.40 miles in 10 minutes
                              Stationary Bike: 7.58 miles in 20 minutes

Comment

So this session went MUCH better with the deadlifts. Phew...

Deadlift: 8x135; 6x185; 6x225; 5x275; 3x315; 1x400; 3x315; 5x225
                                Alternating Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 10x40; 10x40; 10x40; 10x40
                                Standing Calf Press: 20x285; 20x285; 20x285; 20x300
                                Elliptical: 2.59 miles in 10 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X