Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New training program and supp stack - a review/log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaked myself out this morning - slept through the sleep timer on my alarm, so was about 45 minutes later to the gym. Luckily, today was hams, back, and calves, which ends up being the shortest (time-wise) workout in my split, so I only finished up about thirty minutes late. I build in extra time to cool down before work, so I'm back on schedule at this point.

The workout went well, and I am definitely working hard. The only bad thing is that I feel a little bloated this morning, but that's most likely due to the fact that dinner last night consisted of a conglomerate of black eye peas, green beans, grilled chicken, bacon, salt, pepper, and hot sauce, all cooked together, with cheddar cheese melted over the top.

Hopefully that calms down during the day.
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
      The workout went well, and I am definitely working hard. The only bad thing is that I feel a little bloated this morning, but that's most likely due to the fact that dinner last night consisted of a conglomerate of black eye peas, green beans, grilled chicken, bacon, salt, pepper, and hot sauce, all cooked together, with cheddar cheese melted over the top.

Hopefully that calms down during the day.
      Sounds like a good combo for some lethal farts!
      diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by poopies View Post
        Sounds like a good combo for some lethal farts!
        That it was. Luckily, I kept it under control at work.

Comment

mmm...shoulder/traps/abs this morning

Lots of power and strength increase from the same training day last week. I really do think this stack and diet are both working well for me, although I haven't really gained much weight - about 2 or 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I am looking much better, though. I have thought a little bit about adding another 250 calories to the diet, but I think I'll stick with it for now and let BG really kick in over the next few weeks. I have to tell you, the combination of knee raises to the front, knee raises to the sides, and some type of crunch exercise each time I do abs is really working my core well. No other ab combo I've tried has left me feeling like I'm working the upper abs (crunches), lower abs (front raises) and obliques (side raises) together. I guess this combo isn't rocket science to come up with, but it really works for me. Also, I find that the unweighted crunches work better than the weighted crunch machines (of any kind). For me, of course...

Comment

Just ordered my second batch of the blue crew - two weeks left on these bottles, but don't want to run out - guarding against possible shipping issues, though I've never had any problems with this retailer before.

Comment

So, I started my second tub of GGS this morning - the first lasted 14.5 servings and not 15, darn you

Anyway, cardio went well this morning - ran a little further in my time - put down 5.75 miles.

The only bad thing about running in the morning is bathroom breaks - I always have to "go" pretty frequently for the first few hours after I wake up it's always been that way with me - there's the left over from the day before, and I drink a lot of liquids in the morning because I always feel dried out. Later in the day it's not so bad, but I prefer to do any kind of workout in the morning, so I guess I have to deal with it. That's another reason I prefer to run on the treadmill at the gym rather than outside - readily available restrooms...and watching Food Network/ESPN/random action movies on TBS/reruns on USA!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
                Just ordered my second batch of the blue crew - two weeks left on these bottles, but don't want to run out - guarding against possible shipping issues, though I've never had any problems with this retailer before.
                Who do you order from?
                diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

I am a very loyal BB.com customer, and their shipping is incredible!

Comment

Chest day was great...I just wish work wasn't so busy right now. I was there for 6 hours yesterday, went in at 7:30 today, and got home ta 8:30...wow...

Comment

Nice quads work this morning - feeling the burn...lol...

A thought completely unrelated to supps...I'm glad I hit the gym in the morning - relaxes me before work, which is good, considering how busy it's been.

Comment

Any new developments on the Blue Gene effects?
                        diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Highly increased recovery. Even today, on quads day, I wasn't sore at all, except for the normal "sitting at a desk for hours at work" feeling. Also, harder muscles all day, like right now, over 16 hours after my workout.

Comment

Arms workout went well today. I felt a lot better about isolation on the close grip bench, though I guess you can't really avoid having a little chest in there. The one muscle group that doesn't seem to be progressing as quickly as I'd like is biceps - gotta figure that out...

Comment

This morning was the best feeling workout I've had since I started this!!!

It was hams, back, and calves, and I felt like I could go forever! Pushed more weight and had less fatigue. Reps on my failure sets of pullups went up by a larger margin than I've ever had in a week's time! Add to that the fact that it's Friday, meaning casual day at work and an upcoming long weekend, and this day is starting off in the right direction!!!

Comment

Another great workout today - shoulders and traps felt awesome!

Now time for a long weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X