Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 19, 20, 21

Day 19 Back/Bis (9/19/08)

Thoughts: The "ON" feeling is still evident, muscle hardness is slightly elevated. Hit the full stack today on isolated lat pulldowns (I would say PR but it was on a machine)

Libido still kicking.

Day 20 Chest/Tris (9/20/08)

Thoughts: did 3x20s today for that "extra" pumped feeling. my focus was to increase the weights after each set - if I didnt reach 20, I would rest pause until I did - felt the burn

I was drenched, but felt damn good

Day 21 Shoulders/Legs (9/21/08)

Thoughts: Again, I have been focusing on strengthening my core to get back to lifting the big weights with my legs - I still have to adapt my lifts, but I think Im getting back to my old self (still going to take it slow)

ON feeling still there - I really hope I feel like this the rest of the cycle - I will order some more if that is the case before - the addition of BLUE GENE with the purple wraath really helps me finish my workouts strong (i think, my endurace and stamina has been up since starting blue gene)

My apologies for the lack of daily updates - I have been extremely busy (but I will always post retroactive workouts as I have been doing

Initial Results (teaser) I would say that my time on BLUE GENE has been extremely productive so far -

I started at 181 and I am now at 178 at a lower BF (.4% change). Granted, the loss is partly water/glycogen and I would anticipate a tiny ity bity amount of muscle (but my strength and endurance has been increasing)

I have felt great the entire time on it, despite the added stress of moving and preparing everything for dallas. I feel leaner (but dont really look much leaner as I was pretty lean before)

Comment

so far log looks good. Look forward to seeing more. Might try out the Blue.

Comment

Day 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Day 22 OFF (9/22/08)

Thoughts: Off Day - needed to prep everything for packing

Day 23 Chest/Tris (9/23/08)

Thoughts: Excruciating rest pause workout - followed it up with light weight burn outs. No PRs but still having consistent strength

I really enjoy a mix of heavys with endurance/volume - it helps keep my intensity up.

Libido still up there :-)

Day 24 Back/Bis (9/24/08)

Thoughts: Hit 225 5 times at lat pulldown (not a PR, but the most reps in a set Ive done it at 225 ) followed by drop sets and wide grip pull ups. My back was hurting afterwards -

ON feeling is still there (although not as prounced as it was before - this may be due to the stress from moving)

Day 25 Shoulders/Legs (9/25/08)

Thoughts: worked out this morning - unfortunately this was a status quo workout - I am lacking a little energy, so hopefully I can prepare to hit the weights hard again on Sunday when I have access to my gym

Day 26 Off (9/26/08)

Thoughts: I have posted this day in advance because I AM MOVING TO TEXAS AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!

Day 27 Off (9/27/08)

Thoughts: Again - I will be moving, so I will post updates on Monday!!!!!

Comment

Exciting times!!!
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Day 28. 29. 30

Thank you all for bearing with me until I had internet access. The cable company takes a while to get out here, but I FINALLY got everything together, so I am up and running normal now.

Day 28 Chest/Tris (9/28/08)

Thoughts: Having two days off in a row makes me pretty ancy, so I was teeming with joy when I was able to hit my new apartment complex's new fitness center. It has all brand new equipment (but is limited, but open for 24 hrs for late night sessions).

They had dumbells (no bar bells) and machines, so I adapted my workout to lift as heavy as possible with high volume.

Overall, felt pretty good despite fatigue from the 18 hour trek across the country.

Libido was good the entire trip. I made sure to take BLUE GENE a little before - slight difference taking it then versus taking it preworkout (i noticed this on days off when I did not lift, FYI)

Day 29 Back/Bis (9/29/08)

Thoughts: Running light on time, I hit the fitness center again - this had all the equipment I needed to have a really good back workout, but again I adapted the equipment for my needs and tore my back up (in a good way - cant comment on PRS as the weight amounts differ from brands of machines obviously. endurance and stamina was good.

Day 30 Shoulders/Legs (9/30/08)

Thoughts: Last work out on BLUE GENE - which is a pretty sad day for me:-(

Hit my new gym and they all new leg machines I have never used before, so I did some low weight barbell squats (lower back, I might have pulled something moving, but still felt decent) and other new machines to really work some new angles I typically dont work.

Endurance and stamina was great (possibly placebo due to a new gym, but even if it was, it was a great workout)

Did tons of cardio because I felt I could go forever (but these machines are the exact same ones I had at my previous gym)

Diet was actually SPOT ON during the move continuing into this week as well.

I will post my final review tomorrow with a detailed analysis of my experience!!!! Again, I hope I provided you all a no-BS log of BLUE GENE , so look for final review tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to Texas... i live in Fort worth but sometimes i'm over in Dallas training...
              Impressive Fitness
              Undress To Impress

If IT was easy, everybody would be doing IT!

Comment

i bet that was an intense move! I'd like to pull something like that off someday.

I really like the field im in with training, cos you can go anywhere and train people! Most of the elite training centers are in Florida, Cali, or somewhere along the southern line of the states -- except the olympic center in CO

Comment

Well here it is, my final review. The past 30 days have been interesting to say the least. In a matter of two weeks I had to pack up shop and move 1300 miles away, from my family, friends, and my fiancee for an indefinite amount of time. Could be a year, could be two, could be four, who knows. Either way, it put a lot of stress on me to make this decision (the only time I was ever this conflicted was when my parents got divorced).

But I am not here to tell you my life story (although it would be interesting). I discussed the events mentioned above to put my training for the past 30 days in perspective. Normally, someone might say that they slacked off due to the stress, or the sheer amount of things to do in that short amount of time. That wasn't the case for this log. To be honest, it was the exact opposite.

I have thoroughly used every Controlled Labs product in the past (and I would like to think my training schedule supports this, as most people would say I "overtrain"), and so I know I am able to distinguish if something is working or not. So below, you will find a few categories/aspects of BLUE gene that I feel are important to note.

[/b]End Stats: 176
                  BF (at 65% hydration) 6.0 [/b] (I will state that I am not 6% BF, this is merely a measure of progress from my tanita scale that has margin for error. If i had to guess, I would be about 8% or a little under)

Training:

While on BLUE GENE, I hit a couple of PRs. I never plateaued, and I always showed some type of progression (whether it was putting up slightly more weight, or pumping out another set with an extra 4 reps). This is due in part to the synergy between my diet principles, training regiment, and supplementation. There has only really been a couple natural test boosters that made me feel "on" (which I compare to my first cycle of a PH (11oxo) ). I felt ON during this log after a couple weeks, despite the mental stress and fatigue I underwent during my move/job relo.

AFter I started feeling ON initially, my muscles were harder, I felt leaner (but there wasnt a significant correlation in terms of my weight, hydration level, and BF through my tanita scale). This was a similar feeling to a cycle of 11oxo. Again, dont expect PH numbers, but the effects are half the battle in pushing the intensity and motivation during workouts.

I was able to consistently have intense workouts, combined with 30-45 minutes of cardio, alternating between moderate level and HIIT exercises to really push myself to the limit. I really didnt comment much on my cardio throughout my log, due to the fact it remained consistent throughout the log. I was hesitant to change it up too much for fear of skewing results.

Libido

One of the other more prominent effects I witnessed of BLUE gene was the effect it had on libido - I noticed a significant increase at the end of week 1, and remained consistent throughout. I dont think I really need to elaborate on this, but stamina and intensity were increased, which is always welcomed. I am glad that I am off it now due to the fact of my fiancee being 1300 miles away would make things a bit more difficult.

Final Thoughts

I was really impressed with the ingredient profile of this product - no gray market extracts or ingredients for the people who really want to stay away from PHs. Unfortunately, I can't say that I am natural due to a few cycles, but I wont be taking any sort of PH in the future, thats for sure. Many companies are coming out with great natural alternatives, and BLUE gene is now one of my favorites. I really think the product (for me) delivered on what it said it would do.

What is interesting is that I was on maintenance calories and I ended up losing 5 pounds - but got stronger, had longer workouts, worked out more frequently, experienced little to almost no DOMS. I couldnt ask for more in a natural test booster.

I will say, if you have prior PH experience, this product may NOT be for you. I think some people may not realize this is a natural product and works differently than PH. It would still have its place in anyone's supplementation, but I imagine some people might expect too much out of it.

I loved this product, and would highly recommended it to anyone looking for a safe, natural test booster.

Thank you to Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test out this great product. I will be sure to add this to my arsenal on a regular basis (along with Blue UP!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nori
                    Welcome to Texas... i live in Fort worth but sometimes i'm over in Dallas training...

thanks! I love it here so far, but it seems like there is so much to do

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      i bet that was an intense move! I'd like to pull something like that off someday.

I really like the field im in with training, cos you can go anywhere and train people! Most of the elite training centers are in Florida, Cali, or somewhere along the southern line of the states -- except the olympic center in CO
                      definately was intense. if you ever have the opportunity to do it, I recommend that you do, you will begin to learn so much about yourself when you become that isolated from everyone you know!!

Comment

for the past 2 years ive lived in philly

last year by myself with 4 random guys in the ghetto (horrible horrible horrible experience)

plus one of my buddies and his lame girlfriend from college lives about 45mins north of the city

this year I live in a nice part of the city with my GF, and it just so happens another one of my friends from college lives like 3 blocks away

outside of them I dont really know anyone in the area,

ive got a few friends from HS/previous work that live around philly, but ive never seen them; only made half-assed attempts through facebook

im sho lonewee... haaha
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 10-03-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                          im sho lonewee... haaha
                          You need a hamster.
                          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                            thanks! I love it here so far, but it seems like there is so much to do
                            yea between fort worth, dallas, arlington and all the other sub cities, there are tons of things to do. what gym do you go to? maybe i can catch you for a workout sometime when im in dallas....
                            Impressive Fitness
                            Undress To Impress

If IT was easy, everybody would be doing IT!

Comment

Working...
                            X