White Purple and Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Purple and Green

Get it? He is White Purple and Green. I kill myself.

Finally (2 days after ordering!) got my new fancy new CL supplements! I wanted to write up a little review after using them, so here we go.

I copied this over from my post on BB.com, just want to help spread the word. :P

I got the Lemonade versions of White Flood, White Blood, Purple Wraath and Green Magnitude, and I've tried them all so far except White Flood. I'll edit this tomorrow after my workout.

---

Green Magnitude

Packaging/Safety: 10/10

The first thing that struck me about Green Magnitude as well as of of the products was their packaging. Two things stuck out that really gave me a good impression as to what type of company CL is.

First, the way the package was sealed. You need a knife to get the plastic off the tub, and when you go, the safety seal under the lid isn't some flimsy sheet of paper. Its heavy duty. Definitely a good thing.

Secondly was the package itself. You can tell right when you look at it how controlled labs sees their customers. You've got the name of the product, the flavor, instructions, ingredient profile, and what it does for you, all on an easy on the eyes background. No crazy promises, no outrageous fonts, no exclamation points, no angry bodybuilders. To me this says a lot, they aren't trying to trick you and they aren't talking down to you. Compare Green Magnitude to something that starts with a C and ends in ell-tech. Big difference and big props.

Mixability: 9/10

No problems at all. I took the recommended serving, put it in my bottle with 20~ ounces of water, shook it up, and threw it in the fridge. 45 minutes later I took it out, shook it up and it was mixed just as good, if not better, than my regular creatine momohydrate.

Taste/Smell: 8/10

The first thing that hit me when I opened up the bottle was the smell of Key-Lime pie. Very pleasant. I tasted a bit of the powder and it was very sweet, but not to excess.

The taste itself is not quite lemonade, but it most certainly tastes very good. I thought about it for about an hour afterwards trying to place it, and I think it tastes exactly like Dasani lemon flavored water. I'm actually looking forward to having another serving tomorrow. The reason its an rated at an 8 is the smell of it once its actually mixed. Not exactly unpleasant, but different to be sure. I didn't notice it when I was drinking it though, so it doesn't effect how much I enjoy Green Magnitude.

Effectiveness: N/A

Can't really judge creatine in one day, but based on the content of Green Magnitude it looks to be superior to monohydrate.

White Blood

See Green Magnitude's rating - Same sentiments for White Blood.

Mixability: N/A

Its a pill. Can't imagine it would agree with my shaker bottle.

Taste/Smell: 10/10

There is no lingering taste or smell, so its perfect. Same as any other pill I'll take. In and down fast, no burping. Very good.

Effectiveness: 9/10

Wow. First time with a product like this, and I'm very pleased with it. I only took 2 (serving suggestion is 3 for someone my size) about 30 minutes before my workout and I was ready to go. I understand some of this is placebo effect, truth be told I was pumped all day waiting for the package so I could workout, but even after finishing my first exercise, in today's case, flat bench, I noticed a much fuller pump. Also, I easily completed my highest set of flat bench that I nearly couldn't complete last week. This lasted the entire workout.

Purple Wraath

See Green Magnitude's rating - Same sentiments for Purple Wraath.

Mixability: 9/10

I didn't actually get to take Purple Wraath like I wanted to today. My order came in 2 shipments but both of them arrived today. Purple Wraath was in the second, which the FedEx guy walked into my garage with when I was about to finish my last set of flat bench. Anyway, I loaded up 25~ ounces of water, dropped a serving in and shook it up. There was a bit of powder at the bottom, but before each sip a single shake would toss it up. I wanted to mix it an hour before and refrigerate it, but even without that it still mixed better than other products I've had.

Taste/Smell: 9/10

Not to my surprise, it tastes fairly similar to Green Magnitude in my opinion. That Dasani flavored water taste, certainly a refreshing taste, even better when its cold I imagine. The smell was fine, overall a supplement very easy on the senses.

Effectiveness: 10/10

Because of when I got it, I didn't get to drink a 1/4 of it for my workout like I wanted, but let me tell you, I really did feel like I could go all day. Normally after my big three "pushing" moves (Bench, Shoulder Press, Dips) I'm spent and really have to grind through my other shoulder and triceps exercises. Not so today. I extra sets and reps on all of them, and I had to force myself to stop after a while. I absolutely love that. I'm always real good on intensity, but I really have to push myself to get in the volume, and Purple Wraath really helped my out in this area.

White Flood

I have yet to try White Flood, but when I do I'll update this.

---

On a side note, I took a nap this afternoon for two hours or so. Actually I wasn't tired at all from my workout, I seriously considered going back out for incline bench and more shoulder work. Anyway, normally when I do take a nap I feel pretty lethargic afterwards and have trouble getting up. No so today, I fell right asleep and I felt amazing when I got up.

Is CL making miracle products? If I get a call from Andriana Lima I'll let you know.
    ---

Damn. I tend to over hype things sometimes, and let me tell you I anticipating this damn package almost as much as I am the middle of July (I'll bet you can figure that out - look up) and I'll tell you it delivered 100%. All I can do is say that if you are considering purchasing any of these products, by all means do so, you will not be disappointed. Big thumbs up to Controlled Labs for delivering such quality supplements.

P.S. - Feel free to point out my grammar/spelling mistakes so I can keep myself from looking like an idiot. Thanks.
Working...
X