No announcement yet.

Kickin it with PW Lemonade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was back, obliques and cardio. Woke up pounded down 1 scoop whey with 1 c skim milk 1.5 hrs pre. Follwed by GM 45 pre and WF on the way to the gym.

Warm up
    Treadmill 8 minutes
    Neutral grip pull downs
    1x20x80
    HS-all weight per side
    1x15x45

Working sets
    HS-bb rows pulled to waist
    1x10x90
    1x10x115
    1x10x125

Neutral grip pulldowns
    1x10x120
    2x10x150

Low pulls/rows
    1x10x160
    2x10x180

reverse close grip overhead pulls HS machine
    2x10x70
    1x10x80

Overhead pullovers done on pulldown machine
    2x10x80

Back ext.
    2x10x80
    1x10x100

Oblique crunches on good morning machine
    2x15xbw

Oblique lying crunches
    2x15xbw

Cardio
    Elliptical runner level 8x15 min then level 10x15 min. Ran hills and walked valleys.

Back is exausted and swole. Feeling good. Forearms are achy but what is new. By the end of back I was very fatiqued but managed to push through the rest.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

intense good work man!

Comment

Real busy schedule with kid's today. End of school year partys and other activities so to day was light cardio day. Woke up at 0500 pounded down da flood and da mag. Hit the treadmill for 45 min. Worked up a good sweat and got the blood flowing. That is all for today so see ya!

Comment

I woke up sore as hades this AM. Yesterdays leg workout was intense. Changed things up a bit. Wanna hear about it? Here is goes.

Warm up
          Treadmill 10 min.
          Leg ext.
          2x15x70
          Seated leg curls
          2x15x70
          Seated leg press
          1x135x15

Working sets
          Seated leg press
          1x12x225
          1x10x315
          2x10x405

Lunges on smith machine
          2x10x135

At this point my quads are on fire. Kept time in between sets down to around 1.5 minutes. Lunges really kicked my arce.

Seated leg curls
          1x12x130
          2x10x150

Single leg standing curls
          3x10x40

Standing calf raises
          1x15x50
          3x10x100

Seated calf raises
          2x10x70

Crunches
          4x15xbw

Workout went very good. Legs are on fire and feeling pumped...post workout. Today I am sore from the glutes down. Nice DOMS!!!!

Comment

leg days... LOVE IT. !

Comment

Hit shoulders today and had a piss pour workout. I have come to the conclusion that I need to go see and Orthopedic about my elbow and shoulder.

Warm up
              Treadmill 8 min
              Hammer Stregnth Overhead press
              2x45x15 weight each side
              Rotator cuff exercises
              2x15x30 each arm done on cables

Working sets
              HS overhead press
              1x10x70
              1x10x80
              1x10x90
              1x8x100
              1x10x80

Lat raises done on machine
              2x10x60
              Felt sharp pain in right lat. delt.

Reverse Pec dec
              2x10x100
              reverse flyes on cables
              3x10x30

Shrugs on shrug machine weight each side
              1x15x45
              1x10x90
              1x10x135
              1x10x180
              Had to cut it short due to elbow pain

V-ups
              3x15

Cardio
              Treadmill level 15 speed 3.2-3.4 for 30 min. Worked up one hella sweat.

Not happy with way elbow and shoulder is progressing. PW is awesome. And I am pleased with the flavor and the results as far as recovery goes.

Comment

Well today is the tell tale day. I have an appt. with an Orthopod at 1500. Have not worked out the last 3 days. A little down about. Actually alot down. Will keep ya updated with any results as soon as I know more.

Comment

The doc said I have a right shoulder impingement and bilateral tennis elbow. He gave me a script and some stretches to do fore the forearm and said to pound the hell out of the rotator cuff with rotator cuff specific exercises. So, that is good news. I am going to stop the PW at this time and resume it when everything is back to normal. Will post summary later.

Comment

//\/\

punding the hell out of the rotator cuff sounds horrible, especially if it is in an injured state...

rehabalitating the rotator cuff beginning with low intensity exercises & gradually progressing with time = good

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      //\/\

punding the hell out of the rotator cuff sounds horrible, especially if it is in an injured state...

rehabalitating the rotator cuff beginning with low intensity exercises & gradually progressing with time = good
                      Thats what I ment in a more focused way. But yeah I will definately be taking it easy. My plans are hitting the cables for rot. cuff. exercises 3 x wk. I am thinking 4 sets of 10 for 4 exercises will be my max. Starting off with 3 sets first. Will be hitting the elliptical/treadmill alot harder now. Doc. said all should be good in about 4 weeks. If not...injection time. As far as the forearm goes I am just glad to hear it is tendonitis. I have never experienced at this location before. I have had it plenty of times in the biceps and once in the hips. So, plenty of stretching and more rehab.

Comment

Overall, I really enjoyed PW-L. At first the taste was really light and I was not satisfied but overtime I grew to enjoy the flavor. PW-L did what it was designed to do and it did it well. Recovery was increased. Noticed an increase in performance and endurance. Typical CL product. It delivers the goods and does what it is supposed to do. I unfortunately have to stop the log and start up a month long rotator cuff rehab. During that time I will increase cardio, light weight on all upper body exercises, full bore on lower body exercises and rotator cuff exercises 3 times a week. I would like to thank PU and everyone at CL for the oppertunity to log this product. As soon as I get back to 100% I will pick up the PW-L and start a new log.

Taste 9/10. Very refreshing. Started of disappointed but just like a good wine it got better with age.

Mixability 10/10 It mixed as usual. Little undisolved particles that finally disolved when let sit for 10 minutes.

Performance 8/10. why only 8/10 you ask because I noticed no changes from the grape flavor. Yes, I know the formula was not changed but CL set the bar so high that I just could not give it a 9 or 10.

Jdiritto thanks for stopping in and the support provided during the log. Happy lifting.

Comment

do you have them colored bands for rotator cuff rehab? ( I tore mine back in HS from pitching, have about 8 diff colors, each a diff resistance level. )

If you need ideas on stretches/exercises I can try to peel back my brain and see what I can remember...

Be careful with an exercise like the back squat, where the bar positioning can put stress/strain into the shoulder/rotator cuff... I would advise you to put as little work into it as you can outside of the rehab exercises...

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                            do you have them colored bands for rotator cuff rehab? ( I tore mine back in HS from pitching, have about 8 diff colors, each a diff resistance level. )

If you need ideas on stretches/exercises I can try to peel back my brain and see what I can remember...

Be careful with an exercise like the back squat, where the bar positioning can put stress/strain into the shoulder/rotator cuff... I would advise you to put as little work into it as you can outside of the rehab exercises...
                            I do not do squats anymore. Sounds ludacris but I cannot afford the injury risk. Sole provider for the family and I have a hard time buying jeans due to glute and thigh size anyway. That is a problem I can live with. I plan on using the cable and do the abduction and adduction exercises. He said the cuff is solid. No tears or anything just needs to be strengthened. All help is greatly appreciated. Once again. THANKS!
                            Last edited by icetrauma; 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X