This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday July 10th Day 191

100g of carbs today...yowza....amazingly not as bad as I expected *shrugs*, did my HIIT with kettlebells, and that was BRUTAL/AWESOME! Then hit up some abs, and then went and trained a client in home and we planned out their vacation nutrition and diet plan, they are going to england and scotland, pretty cool.
    1 week out tomorrow....shit is getting real. Got my polygraph time set up, and I'm paid in full for my spray tan.

Nutrition

1,698 30.8 95.1 260.2

Training

HIIT, Abs, RC work

HIIT:
    10 minute warm up treadmill speed 4.3 incline 3
    16kg Kettlebell
    45 secs snatches, 15 secs full clean to press from floor
    repeat 8x, switch arms each time HOLY CRAP
    17 minute cool down on treadmill speed 4.3 incline 3

Paramount Ab Machine
    150 x 10 (3 sets)

Band Pull Aparts
    3 sets of 20

Reverse Crunches on Incline Bench
    3 sets of 10

Misc

things are coming together, and the work has been done, now its time to peak and get that pro card.
    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Awesome! Counting down the days.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
        Awesome! Counting down the days.

Saturday July 11th Day 192

Say it with me:
        1 week out.
        Think on the gravity of that statement.
        Yet despite its weight, I feel quite free. Despite everything that has happened in the course of this journey I am quite relaxed. Just do the work. Today, that was 20 intervals. Todd, bless his heart, knocked out 10 right alongside me on a machine he'd never done intervals before on I was impressed.
        Tomorrow, I'm making intervals out of tire flipping with the gang, its gonna be great
        1 week out pictures will be up once barb gets off work, she's closing tonight

In other news, today was a very good day, woke up, ate, and then hit up the last posing class of the season....man, 1 hour of brutal posing with only 30g of carbs in you is TOUGH. Even my legs flattened out pretty hardcore, cramping up, feeling faint...the whole 9. But its gonna be downright EASY on the food and rest I'll have next saturday. Literally felt like an hour long MISS session today though. Then I went right from there to a big trainer seminar at work which was AWESOME, learned a bunch, taught a bunch, got really fired up...and I've probably got like a 3 dollar/hour raise coming my way
        Good things on the horizon. Then I went home, ate, and came back for HIIT!

Nutrition

1,908 33.9 150.3 250.3

Training

AM
        1 hour HARD posing

PM
        HIIT nothing outside the box today, wanted to be fresh for tomorrow

HIIT:
        10 minute warm up treadmill speed 4.3 incline 3
        20 intervals on tetrix stair climber 15sec/45sec speed 50/200
        10 minute cool down on treadmill speed 4.3 incline 3

that was pretty damn intense! Haven't done 20 intervals since last peak week, I felt it! But it felt GOOD!

Misc

Getting leaner and more ready by the day, I can FEEL it.
        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Monday July 13th Day 194

Long day at work today. I've been promoted to Master Trainer at work, comes with a raise and responsibilities: training all our new trainers, so I've been working with our newest and she's soaking up info like a sponge and I'm learning a lot from teaching her. When I wasn't training clients today I was training her, I was at work from 11am to 7pm today, trained 6 clients, wrote a few programs, did a mock assessment, talked periodization, nutrition, form, exercise instruction, client motivation and breaking through plateaus. Very engaging day. Lots of rice *****, oats, greek yogurt, baked kettlechips, puffins, couple eggs, and some tuna today. Its nice not being hungry
          Great leg day, as per peak week kept a few in the tank which was perfect for my periodization right now, just got done with a high rep squat cycle, now I'm just building up my 5 rep max. Last leg day put down 275 like a champ, today was 285, just as easy if not easier. I'm back baby! Then cardio was boring as hell....such is life lol.

Nutrition

2,489 40.4 350.3 224.5

Training

Legs, warm ups excluded + Cardio

Squats, ATG Close Stance
          285 x 5 (4 sets)

DB Single Leg RDL
          80 x 8 (4 sets)

A1 Single Leg Lying Leg Curl
          45lbs x 5 (4 sets) left leg is getting stronger, but still very weak in this position

A2 Leg Extensions
          200lbs x 10 (3 sets)

Standing Calf Raise
          420 x 15 (2 sets)
          420 x 12

15 mins Spin Bike HR 100-110
          15 mins Treadmill HR 100-110
          10 mins Elliptical HR 115-125

Misc

In my mock assesment my "resting" HR (ie walking around and instructing the new trainer) was 48!!! And after sitting in my car for about 2 minutes post workout my HR had dropped to the low 60's....lol...I'm in crazy cardio shape!
          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Tuesday July 14th Day 195

Short day at work, 4 clients and that was that, got a hair cut, went for a jog, did some dishes, went to whole foods, and boom it was time for the gym. Had a great workout with my wife, got some really good vids, and I'm motivated about saturday boy...I tell you what....relaxed, confident, and fired up.

Nutrition

1,889 31.5 238.6 190.3 (1 meal left, end day target 40/300/235)

Training

Back and Bis, Cardio, warm ups excluded (vids should be watched in HQ!)

Mid Day:
            25 minute run with stretching after
            HR 140-150

Evening:
            Rack Deads (bar at knee)
            385 x 6
            405 x 6 (3 sets)

Barbell Curls
            135 x 3.5 lol
            95 x 8 (3 sets)

Barbell Rows
            275 x 8 (3 sets)

D Handle Hammer Grip Chins
            Bw x 10 (3 sets)

Hang Clean High Pulls
            275 x 5
            315 x 5 (3 sets)

10 mins Elliptical HR 120-125

Misc

We put up our motivation board at the house....dry erase board for quotes, and room to tac things up on the wall...I've got 3 competitors pictures up there: Terry Cameron...2006 cap city winner who earned his pro card (and let it expire) competing again this year, Jeff Alberts....won the NGA Mr Natural California, doing the cap city this year....and Dave Bloomgold, beat me for 1st place in the Light Heavies at the NGA. FOCUSED.

The board says : "Get what you are worth EVERY DAY! Cap City July 18th"
            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Cap City Results!!!

I took first in the Heavyweights!! Didn't win the overall, but here are pics:
              in the first I'm on the far left, second, far right, pretty sure I took 3rd in the overall.

News

I'm going for my pro card again on August 8th at the INBF WA State Championships!
              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• You looked great! Congrats!! So what did you eat after?

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                  You looked great! Congrats!! So what did you eat after?
                  TOO MUCH!!! lol

But, my eye is on the prize, 10 days out!

Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Here is a shot of me with my Heavyweight 1st Place Trophy
                    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Originally posted by quelly View Post
                      here is a shot of me with my heavyweight 1st place trophy

wow!!

Comment

• 6 days out!

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                        wow!!

lets see if I can post one with a sword this weekend!
                        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• INBF Washington State Natural Bodybuilding Championships:

I won the light heavy weights! And we had AN awesome overall (I'm second from the left in the first pic):

Jeff Alberts who narrowly lost the overall at the cap city 3 weeks ago came away with the overall that night, couldnt have happened to a more stand up guy and deserving competitor, new WNBF Pro!

some shots of me in my weight class and backstage

first two are me in the light heavy class

This one I love, Luke Ehlis (heavyweight winner), Jeff Alberts (middleweight and overall winner), and myself, we chilled and chatted up a storm backstage, we became good friends!
                          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Congrats!!!

You guys all looked great.

Comment

• thanks, it was a BLAST

NEXT UP WEST COAST CLASSIC INBF, WNBF PRO QUALIFIER
                              SACRAMENTO CA AT THE CREST THEATRE SEP 26TH!!!

6 weeks to get pro level lean!
                              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• WNBF Pro Jeff Alberts honored me again and did a follow up article on me on his website for my 1 week out mark!

http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/eric-...1-week-out.php
                                Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X