Soy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy??

Is Soy protein all that bad for you? i have a protein mix and it has a little soy in it. i know they say it can lower test but it that really true and it a small amount ok to take?
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it-as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

I am pretty sure you will survive with some soy in your diet.

from soy proteins wikipedia:

A recent study found that 56g of soy protein powder per day caused serum testosterone to fall 19% in four weeks in a test group of twelve healthy males. According to the study, this data supports further studies of these hormonal effects as a mechanism in prostate cancer prevention. [19] However, a study conducted by the Miami Research Associates refutes the finding of the Goodin study, finding that soy protein had no significant impact on testosterone levels in healthy males. [20] In fact, only one participant in the Goodin study actually saw a drop in testosterone. The participant in question had testosterone levels 200% higher than all of the other subjects, and during the study, his levels dropped to bring him inline with the other participants. The Goodin study did not conclusively prove that the participant's erratic testosterone levels were related to the soy protein.

if your that worried about it, use it up, and buy whey or casein in the future.

Comment

Working...
    X