Looking for Good Tasting WPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Good Tasting WPI

I am looking for substitutes for Good Tasting WPI.
    It cannot be a Blend or Concentrate as they mess with my stomach, why I need it to be WPI.

I have tried the following:
    • NB Zero Carb Strawberries & Cream and Cookies & Cream = S&C taste better than C&C and is 2nd cheapest of the 3 I tried.
    • Dymatize ISO-100 Vanilla = Ok tasting cheapest of the 3 to buy.
    • IsoFlex PB Chocolate = My Favorite but too expensive at this time

I am also on a cutting phase at this time.
    So Low Fat/Carbs/Calories but High Protein is a plus

Need a new tub soon and this time I am low on cash.
    So anyone got alternative WPI that both taste good and easy on the wallet?
    Would probably buy the smallest tub/sample 1st before I get the bulk tubs.
    Also would like to know where to buy them as well

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kilim; 07-31-2008, 11:23 AM.
    My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

isolates aren't good when low on cash. they are expensive, especially if you want it to taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      isolates aren't good when low on cash. they are expensive, especially if you want it to taste good.
      But WPI is the only Whey that doesn't cause issues on my stomach.

Right now I am debating over the 7.5lb NB Zero Carb Isopure or the 5lb Dymatize ISO-100.
      I can afford either of the 2, I just cannot afford the IsoFlex that I LOVE

But if there are better alternatives, I am all for it
      I am still searching for the right WPI anyways and always willing to try something worth while.
      My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Comment

are you lactore intolerant?

if not, the other parts of your diet may be why other forms of protein aren't easy on the stomach..

for example -- a couple months ago, the new pw lemonade tore my stomach u p. it was torture . i thought it was the PW lemonade, something with the extra food colorings

but ive just been taking it again for a week or so now, with no problems. one of the MAJOR differences from than to now -- my diet. it's gotten like 150% cleaner. (i was eating tons of corner store food back than or campus food. now i have a full kitchen and spend like 100$+ a week or so on fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc. and try to go organic as much as I can)

Comment

4ever fit fruit blast isolate is great. CranRazz is the best tasting protein I've ever had.

Comment

TBH I am not sure.
            I think I may have a mild Lactose Intolerance.

I can drink ON 100% Casein as my Pre-bed shake and just have a nice crap in the morning with no problems.
            Tried ON 100% Whey and I had bad gas right after I drink it each time, This happens with a couple other Whey protein drinks I have tried that are not WPI.

With WPI, I get no Silent but Violent explosions

I always mix my Whey protein powders with Lactaid fat Free Milk as well.

I can eat some Milk products and not have much issues unless I take too much of it.
            My BodySpace

Comment

I waas thinking of trying American Whey that some peeps aere talking about.
              According to the site its WPI also.

But I can't find the Nutrition Info and a good cheap place to get it.
              My BodySpace

Comment

do you gradually taper up your protein intake? or just add 20-30-40-+ grams into a day ?

do you drink alot of water?
                what about fiber?
                yogurt ?(one of the best gastrointestinal helpers available IMO)

basically, what is your diet like? I dont care about macro breakdowns, i care about actual dietary intake..

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  do you gradually taper up your protein intake? or just add 20-30-40-+ grams into a day ?

do you drink alot of water?
                  what about fiber?
                  yogurt ?(one of the best gastrointestinal helpers available IMO)

basically, what is your diet like? I dont care about macro breakdowns, i care about actual dietary intake..
                  1. I normally just try to get the Protein I need to take for the day and try to spread it with each meal.
                  After reading some more, I am trying to have same amount of Protein per meal if possible.
                  But normally I just spread them thru my meals.

2. I drink a minimum of 5 liters of water a day.
                  Easily drink 2-3 liters pre/Intra/Post workout.
                  I try to drink at least 5-6 liters of water a day.

3. I am guessing its ok.
                  I tend to eat mixed veggies as often as I can and usually oats in the morning.

4. I don't normally eat yogurt.
                  Funny you asked as I just bought my 1st pack of yogurt in my last grocery visit this week in a month or so.

I am just deducing that WPI will be better for me as all 3 WPI I have taken caused no issues for me.
                  Maybe it is because they are lactose Free that is why they did not bother me also.
                  ON 100% Whey is not Lactose Free but has digestive enzymes ... probably why it did not agree with me.

As for my diet, You can take a view of it here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_tr...=6%2F23%2F2008
                  If you also view my REDuction Contest Log, it shows there my typical diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108731781
                  My diet honestly is not the best there is.
                  But I think it is better now than it used to be.
                  I know it needs alot of improvement and I am trying

Right now I am actually trying to see how I can improve it, trying to figure out this Carb Cycling and just general stuff to improve myself.

I just need to see alternative WPI different from what I have tried before.
                  Currently use CL Golden Finish as my Post-workout Shake and ON 100% Casein as my Pre-bed Shake.
                  WPI I use as my daily protein Supplement as needed.
                  Also use some WPI mix with my Pre-bed Shake.
                  Last edited by Kilim; 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM.
                  My BodySpace

Comment

eat yogurt..lots of it. i been having a big bowl (i love to add in blueberry muscle milk + blueberries) each day for the past few weeks. lovin it. taste and results.

ill check out your log for more specifics on your diet when i can -- been reading alot lately, i need to chill out tonight. (school sucks)

isolates are easier on the stomach, usually taste better too, but are more expensive (major downfall imo)

hopefully ive got you thinkin more into your diet as a hollistic point of view rather than just simply WPI tops WPC .. it may be so right now, but with modification s to your diet your gastro-intestinal may hopefuly "toughen up" in a sense

a great read i recommend to my students about ideal nutrition is the Abs Diet by mens health -- i think it really promotes healthy eating as a lifestyle/habit to get a better body (and overall health mind you), rather than a diet plan/modification program which is based on restriction!

Comment

I will work on adding yogurt more to my meals
                      And yeah, I found from doing the 30 day REDuction Contest that Diet is my Biggest problem area that needs improvement.
                      Working on that right now (also working on my 5yo son to eat better and my wife to hopefully change her lifestyle as well ... conquering those 2 obstacles will help me as well )

I do like WPI due to having great experience with it.
                      Right now I am actually getting a 3lb Vanilla American Whey to see how it works for me.
                      It is a WPI/WPC Blend and is dirt cheap when bought in bulk!
                      Hopefully it works out for me, it is Cross Filtered WPI/Ion-exchanged WPC I think, not sure on the exact ratio.
                      But many people reviewed it and say it actually taste good.
                      Also some say it is also easy on the stomach

PS:
                      The Abs Diet you are talking about is this right?
                      http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...10cfe793cd____
                      My BodySpace

Comment

that links right -- its a gread read, theyve got a womens version too ..

diets the biggest part .. i used to use alot of supps, tons of random things making huge stacks, and had good results...diet always struggled some though.

lately ive been using only basic stuff, but eating very clean and healthy, and have had equal if not better results I think... and it makes you feel better (eating lots of real foods rather than taking tons of pills and all)

Comment

your diet looks pretty good from the one link. (im not a dietician though...)

looking from the contest log one, i would recommend getting something quicker than an hour after your awake. breakfeast = breaking the fast, fasting = catabolism ... your body is craving energy sources once you wake up, delaying that is no good .. when your doing am cardio for fatloss youll want to supplement in amino acids/protein to prevent catabolism and get replenishment almost immediately.(which it looks like you did, which is good.)

also, what about oats? like pure steel cut (ideal) or rolled oats? (not the pre-packaged sugar added stuff)

and whats your fiber intake like?

or eggs? (egg whites for the win -- neither will help the stomach much though, i dont think so at least)
                          Last edited by jiritt0; 08-01-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Ya, diet is ok (depending on the day) but I know it needs help.
                            Working on it like I said before and strive to improve it daily.
                            My diet is not consistent at all.
                            Hmm, I guess I should drink a Protein Shake right after I wakeup as a pre-breakfast? Just liek I drink a protein Shake for Pre-bed? (Whey for Pre-breakfast and Casein for Pre-bed?)

I am on a different workout program now.
                            StrongLifts 5x5 found here: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5...ining-program/
                            Currently reduced my cardio times to just 3x/week but will work it up again.

As for oats, I have been eating teh regular Quaker 1 minute Oats.
                            I don't think I see Steel or Rolled Oats at the groceries by me.
                            Where do they normally sell them? Maybe Whole Foods?
                            My Typical Oat Breakfast is 3/4cup Oats + 3/4 cup Lactaid fat Free Milk + 3/4-1 cup Fresh Strawberries.

As for my Fiber Intake.
                            Not sure, I am pretty regular
                            I think Fiber intake is usually my Wheat Bread, Oats, Strawberries, Mixed Veggies.
                            I normally eat mixed veggies with Lunch and Dinner and always fresh Strawberries with my Oats.
                            Soemtimes I add brown Rice (Stopped eating white rice actually )

As for Eggs. I just eat Egg Whites now.
                            Normally just Egg White (1/2cup) Omelette with Spinach and Fat Free Cheese and a piece of Wheat Bread toast.
                            Sometimes I add in some diced tomatoes also.

Right now, I am looking to change my diet schedule.
                            More Carbs and a bit more Calories on Lifting Days and Less Carbs and Calorie Deficit on Off Days.
                            Weekends somehow tends to become a refeed day even though I try to keep it low.
                            Just trying to find the right balance right now for my cutting phase.
                            If I could figure out a way to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously I would do it
                            Trying to learn and do my nutrition timing properly too.
                            My BodySpace

Comment

protein shake or amino acid drink immediately when you wake up is ideal -- heavy on the water too, since you dont drink any for 8hours during the night

I would def. check out the abs diet, its a good general diet read, and than there are hundrends (almost too much) posts/articles on nutrition all over the help. goodluck with that.

heres a site im fond of, even though I only ordered once:
                              http://www.store.honeyvillegrain.com...ROD&ProdID=360

50lbs of steel cut oats, for 55$ -- will last you a longl long time..trust me.

Ive been very curious about their freeze dried fruits for awhile, and just saw they sell flaxseed too! (just need unlimited funds now..)

I highly recommened egg whites international (unless someone knows better) -- you can buy bulk liquid egg whites (1/2 gallon - gallons) . i just started doing this -- went through my first 2 gallons last month or two -- and i got 4 more en route .. stuff is good in eggs each morning and added into protein shakes (ive been using about 3/4 a scoop less lately per)

also, since im presed ont ime, you should try to think your diet doesn't need help, it needs work.. help sounds desperate, bad.. work is worth doing if its worthwhile work.. without work where would we be?! I think life is always a work in process.. and should be! (a positive mental outlook will get you extremely far in life..)

Comment

Working...
                              X