Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea protein isolate or whey concentrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea protein isolate or whey concentrate?

Hey guys, ive been reading this forum like crazy the past few days and this is my first thread. I cant find a lot of information on this question over the net at all really so i figured id ask some of the best right here on the CL forums. On www.trueprotein.com i can get 16lbs of pea protein isolate shipped for $89. Thats 240 servings at 25.6 grams of protein a serving. It seems to have a high amino profile especially arginine. What im wondering is if i should go with the pea protein isolate or the whey concentrate and why? Btw, i love on's whey gold, just kind of low on cash atm, so hopefully CL has a huge sale in the next few weeks to spend my grad party money on

my lifting partner drinks pea protein and it smells disgusting. i'd stick with whey

Comment

haha i dont really mind the taste or smell of supplements, its all about the nutritional value and cost for me. If i could afford 240 servings of whey, trust me i would. Hell, i would even buy 240 servings of GF if i could afford it. But i cant, so am i correct? Would 240 servings of pea protein isolate be just as good or better than 150 servings of whey concentrate? 90 extra servings at 25 grams each seems like itd have to be the better route. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

pea protein sounds horrendus.. never heard of it.

true proteins shipping rates blew up awhile ago, havent checked the site out since really...i tried getting sample packs and it was gonna cost me like 10$ shipping, i said no thank you goodbye.

Comment

it doesnt taste like peas or anything, it comes in flavors such as chocolate and the other usuals.

Comment

Check out American Whey.
            Few people swear by it!
            I actually ordered a 3lb tub just so I can try it out as I am low on cash as well.
            My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

Working...
            X