Red Acid 30 Day Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asianbabe
    good work dom! What have you been using to calculate your maintenance calories? You have a crazy metabolism to be able to cut at 2000 cals!
    AB goes green

Keep up the awe-some-ness!

thanks, asianbabe. i use the Katch-McArdle formula which is based on lean body weight & activity level. I use Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" as my guide, and he recommends that formula as being most accuarate. Of course, formulas give a target to shoot for, results will dictate how to tweak.

I'm pretty lucky...in the spring I got down to 151 lbs, and I never did more than 4 cardio sessions a week at ~2000cals/day. And although I may feel occasional hunger, 2000cals never leaves me starving. The body's always changing though, so we'll see what happens this time.

Comment

Day 16-17

Day 16 cont'd
      -------------
      cardio:
      p.m. 40 minutes mod. intensity

energy: good

mood: good

app. sup.: good. ended day at 1970 cals. little hunger at night, but no craving or problems

Day 17
      -------
      dosing:
      will have 25mg e with 2nd red acid dose, possibly 100mg caffeine
      (reason being that i'm working legs with someone who will push the hell out of me, on top of the fact that my carbs have been VERY low, and i'm doing double cardios, and i want to rock)

lifting: later

cardio: 40 minutes mod. intensity empty stomach

app. sup.: good

weight: 153.5 (-4.5) (like that, pu??!!)

Goal: 152 by Monday

Comment

Originally posted by dominique
        -------
        dosing: will have 25mg e with 2nd red acid dose, possibly 100mg caffeine
        (reason being that i'm working legs with someone who will push the hell out of me, on top of the fact that my carbs have been VERY low, and i'm doing double cardios, and i want to rock)
        I personally would not recommend add another 100mg on top of RA as I think it wouldn't provide a real added benefit. My experiences with caffeine dosing is that anything above 225mg and you really hit the point of no positive returns.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Day 17-18

thanks for the feedback, SCT. i didn't get back to a computer until today (day 18) and did take the extra 100mg caffeine yesterday. i had no negative issues with it. i can't say for sure how much it helped (if at all) in terms of extra energy for the workout - was too distracted by snags at work which followed me to the gym. so you very well may be correct in terms of no positive returns on extra caffeine. i will be dosing the same today, and will take better notice of any potential increase in energy. however, i do plan on resuming my typical p.m. red acid/e dosing tomorrow and throughout next week. i appreciate your input!

Day 17 cont'd
          --------------
          lifting:
          legs, calves w/ partner
          this was only the second time i've worked legs with a partner. it went by really fast. did a several exercises and machines that i've never used so i don't have comparative strength levels for those. it went very well. felt good.

cardio: 45 minutes low intensity (did this ~2 hours after post workout shake)

energy: felt fine for lifting, by evening cardio was getting tired

mood: fine

app. sup.: no issues. little hunger at night, but completely tolerable. ended the day with 1820 cals - whoa, kind of low. still in range. good.

Day 18
          -------
          dosing:
          same as yesterday (extra stims w/ 2nd red acid)

cardio: 40 minutes moderate intensity empty stomach

energy: oy, kind of dragging butt. enough to get it done. after breakfast, feeling better. laid back.

mood: little irritable at beginning of cardio, but by the end through now (late morning) feeling fine.

weight: 152.5 (-5.5) 1 lb. since yesterday. hmm. i'm gonna keep rolling with my program and see what happens scale-wise in the next few days. don't want to sacrifice muscle, so don't want to drop too fast. could be water though with all the cardio(sweating). interested to see what my strength is like this afternoon lifting.

i hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Comment

Water

I was just wondering how much water do you take in a day. Directions says to drink at least a gallon(16cups) I drink about 8 cups a day 10 pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bumbabeef
              I was just wondering how much water do you take in a day. Directions says to drink at least a gallon(16cups) I drink about 8 cups a day 10 pushing it.

I drink at least a gallon a day. My body has come to expect it.

Comment

Day 18-20

Day 18 cont'd
                --------------
                lifting:
                chest/bi's: despite being very tired going into the workout, it went fantastic. PR's in weight on 2 exercises (smith press & pec deck), & up reps on decline DB press (actually really could've upped weight here). very, very pleased. strength, endurance, focus all great.

cardio: 30 minutes mod. intensity post workout

energy: dragging horribly until started work sets & then i was great

mood: picked up considerably after i got into the workout, and was fine thereafter

app. sup.: good. everything right on track.

Day 19:
                --------
                dosing:
                typical

lifting: off

cardio: a.m. 45 minutes moderate intensity empty stomach
                p.m. 45 minutes low-moderate intensity

energy: adequate

mood: staying on top of it. laid back for most of day, but kind of freaked a bit during afternoon (lost focus, started questioning everything). p.m. cardio helped to get it back together, but getting ready for this to be over!!!

app. sup.: good.

weight: 153.5 (-4.5)

Day 20
                -------
                dosing:
                will go with 25mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose - for a little extra energy & a little extra fat burn

lifting: a.m. shoulders
                i got a PR on military press again so i should've been happy, but i was cranky, tired, irritable & felt weak for following 2 exercises. strength picked up again later in workout, and got increased reps, and finished workout with decent strength. pissy pissy pissy.

cardio: 30 minutes low-moderate intenisty post workout

energy: blah for workout, decent for cardio, and now (later in morning) not too shabby, feeling alright

mood: let's just say i gave everybody THE LOOK at the gym, you know, as in "don't fcking talk to me, i want to throw a tantrum" the joys of dieting and cardio had me by the proverbial balls & i was letting it have its way with my mind. so...i had a good talk with myself while getting ready for work, visualizing success, did a little posing in the mirror and felt much better. i'm back on track. boy, one really must be careful not to become invested in mental whining....saps the power to succeed.

weight: 154 (-4) this didn't help the mood any. but in perspective, 4 lbs in 20 days is pretty good considering at this point it's probably mostly fat since my strength is going up. if i can drop another 1.5-2 in the final 10 days for a total of 5.5-6 lbs in a month, i'll call that a success. i don't plan on playing with my sodium/carb/water to get a better look or weight for final weigh-in. i may postpone beginning my diet/training program with Robin until after i hit 149 lbs just to say i did it.... but i am very much itching to grow so we'll see. when the XF kicks in the weight may drop on its own accord as it did last time.

Comment

Day 20 cont'd
                  ---------------
                  lifting:
                  p.m. abs, obliques

cardio: 20 minutes mod. intensity post workout
                  ideally, i would have gone longer, but i've been having an issue with my upperback/neck which i needed to get worked on (deep tissue massage)

energy: fine

mood: fine

app. sup.: i was very hungry at night. it was my own fault. part due to poor planning, part to laziness (maybe that's the same thing, huh ), i didn't have any whole food protein sources readily available, and relied too heavily on whey/casein/water for my meals.....not nearly enough fat for the day = hunger. no cravings however.

Day 21
                  -------
                  dosing:
                  25mg e w/ 2nd red acid

lifting: back, tri's
                  boo. back workout was below par. just not feeling it. tri workout was significantly better. did get good pump in back & tri's.

cardio: 40 minutes mod. intensity post workout

energy: enough to get through workout. now (mid morning) feeling fine.

mood: cranky for workout. (as Spaceclown would put it, "shits on my mind") fine now.

weight: 153.5 (-4.5) at certain times of the day the changes in my physique are quite noticable to me (i guess depending on hydration & pump). i've gotten a few unsolicited positive comments.

Comment

Originally posted by dominique[B
                    weight:[/B] 153.5 (-4.5) at certain times of the day the changes in my physique are quite noticable to me (i guess depending on hydration & pump). i've gotten a few unsolicited positive comments.
                    Are your weight updates taken consistently at the same time of day (ie morning after nature's callings)?

Also, have you noticed any real changes as far as measurements/waistline?

You've done a really good log Dominique, before this there were not a LOT of good Women's RA logs.. it makes my soul happy

SCT, The Red Acid Addict
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Day 21-22

Day 21 cont'd
                      --------------
                      cardio:
                      40 minutes low-mod. intensity evening

energy: enough

mood: staying on top of it. focus starts to wane in the evening/nights. focus as in keeping my eye on the goal, one day at a time, giving 100%, and fck the fatigue and hunger.

app. sup.: at night i'm hungry, but no cravings. Days 20 & 21 didn't accomplish as large a cal. deficit as I'd have liked, but was below maintenance, and extra cals came from protein.

Day 22
                      -------
                      dosing:
                      see yesterday

lifting: off

cardio: 45 minutes mod. intensity empty stomach

mood: good. focused on goal. have to keep that enthusiasm going.

app. sup.: oooh, hungry night & morning throughout cardio. i guess the metabolism is kicking pretty good now. still, no cravings. and if i haven't made a point of it before, here goes: i have had very, very few cravings while on red acid which as far as i'm concerned makes this a most valuable supplement for someone trying to lose weight. hunger, yes, on occasion, but that can be dealt with....b/c i'm not craving anything in particular, if that makes sense.

weight: 153 (-5) yes, this definitely was a welcome sight.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                        Are your weight updates taken consistently at the same time of day (ie morning after nature's callings)?

Also, have you noticed any real changes as far as measurements/waistline?

You've done a really good log Dominique, before this there were not a LOT of good Women's RA logs.. it makes my soul happy

SCT, The Red Acid Addict

my weight updates are taken at a consistent time, but due to the low carb and high protein diet, nature's bigger callings have not been as consistent. (i hear of some guys having the problem in the other direction when cutting, but i guess we're all different.) in the past, USP's cAMP has been helpful in getting things moving, and i therefore take 1-2 in at night if i need the extra boost.

yes, my waist has gone down over 1", thigh & upper arm measurements were down as well.

i am glad that you like the log. i enjoy writing it. a happy soul makes for happy souls.

Comment

Day 22-23 (Is that Xfactor I feel???)

Day 22 cont'd
                          --------------
                          cardio:
                          p.m. 45 minutes low-mod. intensity.
                          had to trick myself into getting through this one, tired & knees sore....just 5 more minutes....okay, give me another 10.....well, it worked. my energy & mood finally lifted a little by the final 10 minutes.

energy: scaping by

mood: blah

app. sup.: i spoke too soon... carb cravings have finally arrived. this body wants more food. i woke up in the night and just stared at my package of oats...desire. had whey/casein and back to sleep. cals around 2150. little high, but still in deficit.

Day 23
                          -------
                          dosing:
                          see day 21 (coincidentally, i commented no XF sides on day 21 as well, and guess what?....i think it's kicking in. sh*t.)

lifting: a.m. legs
                          despite having sore/swollen knees, what feels like shin splints and being tired and desparately wanting carbs, i managed a good workout. not enjoyable, but got the job done nicely. strength was good, had a chemical-like burn in my thighs during sets which lingered.

cardio: 20 minutes low-mod. intensity post workout

energy: anyone ever see the Far Side with the "mind over matter" convention & the speaker walks into a wall as he's heading to the stage?
                          well, i'm tired. feels like i'm just floating through the day, not all here. every part of me is tired. i know some people had almost flu like symptoms on XF, whole body soreness/stiffness/fatigue...well, that's how i feel. of course, my carbs continue to be very low, (only did those 2 carb ups since i started) and cardio is a good bit too, so how much is XF & how much is just this whole process??? don't know. but i'll tell you what, in 7 days i will be feeding this body some carbs & cutting back on the cardio!

mood: well, it's better since cardio which somehow helped my mind to refocus, b/c throughout my workout i was just whining to myself. it keeps drifting away, it wants things it can't have yet. i keep catching myself thinking in ways that are not inline with the task at hand. it wants me to buy into "you've done good enough already. just treat yourself. this isn't really important." blah blah blah. honestly, i feel like i've hit the bottom. so, guess i'll just have to dig deeper until i come out the other side.

this is one of the most motivating quotes for me: "Seals are men who would rather die than quit."

i have two cousins (brothers) who are Seals. when i used to train karate, i would picture one of them looking at me, and i'd push harder knowing NOTHING i am going through can compare to what they have endured.

so, i'm tired and hungry...so the fck what?! as pu said, this is war.

oh btw, weight: 154 (-4)

Comment

Comment

Day 23-24

Originally posted by pu12en12g

pu, thank you. you are a sweetheart! By yesterday afternoon, I was so embarassed that I was being such a looney dramatic wuss in that post. Oh well, we all have our moments.

Day 23 cont'd
                              --------------

cardio: p.m. 40 minutes low-mod. intensity

energy: afternoon through night was good, like the skies parted and i was fine

mood: same response as energy. like my mind cleared and it was all good.
                              (every month i have ~24 hours where i feel like i'm losing my mind, am not my good self, a little crazy, atypical cravings - hormonal i'm sure, and looking at my calendar yesterday was likely it)

app. sup.: by afternoon, cravings disappeared completely, no problems

Day 24
                              -------
                              dosing:
                              will drop back to 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose, to give the body a little break from stims

cardio: a.m. 45 minutes mod. intensity empty stomach

energy: crusin'

app. sup.: good, little hungry but no cravings

weight: 152 (-6) [3 day weekend and down a lb, joy]

Comment

Day 24-25

Day 24 cont'd
                                --------------
                                lifting:
                                chest, bi's
                                This was an awesome workout. Little tired going into it, but once I warmed up, that's all she wrote. I had PR's on BB bench press, incline & decline DB presses too. DB incline was the highlight: 45's x 10, then 50's x 5. I had been stuck with the 40's for a long time so this blew me away. Blasted the sh*t out of the bi's too.

cardio: 30 minutes low-mod. intensity

energy: although I never felt energetic, I obviously had plenty to get the job done. dragged through cardio.

mood: I was overjoyed as a result of the workout which carried me through

app. sup.: hunger more frequent occurance now. I am having carb cravings at night.....my old self wants to sabotage me. Doubts & fears arising. I had an unplanned carb up/refeed...read cheat. I didn't carb up in over 2 weeks, so I chalked it up to probably did more good than harm physically, however, it did fck w/ my head...want to be in control at all times.

Day 25
                                -------
                                dosing:
                                same as yesterday (back down to 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid)

lifting: abs

cardio: 45 minutes moderate intensity empty stomach in morning
                                30 minutes moderate intensity late afternoon

energy: enough

mood: back & forth. old self wants to claim reality and sabotage. time for her to go. 5 days left. have done great IMO so far. who do i want to be? who do i choose to be? i think we know the answer to that.

app. sup.: hunger a little more frequent - quite tolerable. cravings come & go - i think more from fears/doubts arising & triggering than from actual physical desire, b/c when my mind is right i have no cravings.

weight: 152.5 (-5.5)

"Infinite patience yields immediate results."
                                "Fear and doubt are the enemies of man."
                                "You become what you think about all day long."

Tonight will be a test. I will report tomorrow. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X