Clear All

Day 9-10

Day 9 cont'd
    ------------
    cardio:
    p.m. 35 min. low-mod. intensity

energy: fine

mood: fine

app. sup.: my friend visited throughout the night letting me know that my metabolism was kicking nicely, and we had peace. no cravings, just a little hunger. ended day at 2080 cals, all well.

Day 10
    -------
    dosing:
    will have 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid. and today begins my 2nd cycle of Xfactor. this time i'll be dosing 1.5g per day. the only side i had at 1g per day was a few headaches in the first couple weeks. this dosage is not recommended, and i am doing so at my own risk. i have gotten feedback from a reliable source that has tried this, as well as has used longer than 50 days, and has had no problems with it. i hope to be done with the loading phase by the end of this cut (day 20 XF), and will be primed to increase clean cals and grow like a mofo for the following month or so.

lifting: off

cardio: a.m. 40 minutes mod. intensity empty stomach, will do p.m. session

energy: good, steady, smoothe

mood: good. it's friday!!

app. sup.: was little hungry before/during cardio. no problemo. stomach may have shrunk a bit b/c had trouble finishing my breakfast - oh what a joyous situation that was!!! no cravings. hunger w/o cravings is very doable.

weight: 155 (-3) I would REALLY like to see 149 before this is over. Let's just say it's been a few years since I've been in the 140's & I didn't have this much muscle & I was fcking w/ eating disorders at the time. It'll be close, and if I have to, I'll just add on a week or two to get there.

Comment

Wow, you are looking great - so soon too!
      Supplements.net Board Rep

Quality, Supplements at Great Prices.

Comment

things are looking in check!!!

Comment

Day10-11

Day 10 cont'd
          --------------

didn't do p.m. cardio. knees begged me not to, and since by 6pm i was way too low on my cals for the day, i didn't want to push it. i had spent the previous 4 hours working on a posing routine which was a little exercise anyway.

energy: fine until evening/night....i crashed hard

mood: good

app. sup.: good. had to play catch up at night to get my 2000 cals

Day 11
          --------
          dosing:
          threw in 100mg caffeine w/ 1st red acid dose, dragging butt bad.
          may do same for 2nd dose also.

lifting: a.m. chest/bi's
          despite how tired i was, i had a great, progressive workout. i was able to unleash during each set, much to my surprise. in general feeling out of it & low energy, but from 1st to last rep within each set, i was all there.

cardio: post workout 20 minutes moderate intensity

energy: i'm dragging today. brain slow. but it's enough to do what i need to do. just cruising with it, not fighting it.

mood: fine. doing what i got to do. chilled.

app. sup.: good

weight: 155 (-3)

Planning either a carb up or just higher cals in general for tonight...legs tomorrow, with a partner.

thanks, haiz! working to keep that progress rolling.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Comment

How was cardio... was 20 minutes what you had planned ?

When are you experiencing the lack or energy or is it muscle soreness / lethargy ?

Great updates !!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              How was cardio... was 20 minutes what you had planned ?

When are you experiencing the lack or energy or is it muscle soreness / lethargy ?

yes, 20 minutes was planned for post workout...didn't want to delay my post workout shake too long. um, cardio was tolerable for that session...once I get going on cardio, I typically have to tell myself when it's time to quit, b/c I could extend it usually w/o any trouble...tired or not.

From the moment I woke up I was experiencing overall lack of energy & slowness in my head...like thinking didn't want to happen. it felt like a typical low carb blah-ness...which is understandable b/c the previous day I only had 30g carbs. party!! But like I said, I was strong during all my sets for the workout which really surprised me. I will take being tired if I can maintain/progress strength-wise. This is temporary.

Comment

Day 11-12

Day 11 cont'd
                --------------
                dosing:
                didn't have any extra stims w/ 2nd red acid dose

cardio: p.m. 30 min. low-moderate intensity

energy: interestingly within 2 minutes of evening cardio, my brain cleared, energy lifted and I felt great until late at night. most energy I felt all day.

mood: kept myself laid back mentally while tired, and once energy lifted mood was great.

app. sup.: good.

I did a little experiement for my high cal/carb day...... I had 8oz. steak for meal 5 (which resulted in an awesome workout the following morning after the last time I ate that), and meal 6 was my fat/carb meal - the catch is that I allowed myself simple carbs which is very foreign to my body these days. (ate nuts, nutbutter, couple types of crackers, NO water before/during/after meal). I want to compare weight fluctuation, strength & fullness for the following 2 days as compared to complex carb refeed, as well as how it may affect my metabolism (continued weightloss) & mood.

So far, so good. See Day 12

Day 12
                -------
                dosing
                : same as day 1, plus of course Xfactor 1.5g

lifting: a.m. legs
                Whoa mama! This was an incredible workout. A couple of PR's and progressive reps. Felt very strong, focused, great endurance. (If this is a result of my "experiment" I'll be sure to use that trick again.)

cardio: 20 minutes post workout moderate intensity
                will do p.m. session

energy: felt great today! steak & carbs????

mood: great

app. sup.: fine. back to very low carbs and restricted cals without a hitch.

weight: a.m. 155.5 (-2.5) [note: up .5 lbs. after high cal/carb, better than after complex carb up which brought it up 2 lbs.....very interesting]
                (weigh-in late afternoon 154.5 lbs. Will see what tomorrow brings, but so far, experiment has been successful.)

Comment

Day 12-13

Day 12 cont'd
                  -------------
                  cardio:
                  ended up just going for a walk at night...cals were too low & knees made walking difficult.

energy: great

app. sup.: great. ended the day at ~1770 cals. lower than i'd have liked, but better than too high. impressive to me that i could so easily go back to low cals/carbs after the carb up...no cravings

Day 13
                  --------
                  dosing:
                  may throw in extra 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose

lifting: off (p.m. will do abs, calves)

cardio: 40 minutes moderate intenisty empty stomach (will do p.m. session)

energy: fine, cruising

mood: feeling good, smoothe sailing

weight: 153 (-5) that's cool. well, so far, looks like the simple carbs in the carb up may have been what the doctor ordered. guess i'll have to try it again toward the end of the week to collect more data.

Comment

Day 13-14

Day 13 cont'd
                    ---------------
                    lifting:
                    p.m. calves, abs, obliques

cardio: 20 minutes low-moderate intensity

energy: low but enough to get it done.

mood: great all day, then dropped alot evening/night. personal stuff, don't attribute to cut.

app. sup.: my mood/focus was off p.m. & I ended up at 150 cals over target.
                    i didn't have any physical cravings or hunger for the extra food -- just wanted the temporary escape.

Day 14
                    -------
                    dosing:
                    typical

lifting: a.m. shoulders
                    this was a great workout. got PR on military press, and extra reps on most other exercises. thank you anagen! energy not high for workout, but focus and strength during sets was great.

cardio: a.m. 30 minutes moderate intensity post workout

energy: fine, mellow, and enough there when i need it.

mood: neutral. giving due attention to getting right mentally again.

weight: 155.5 (-2.5) Boooooo! Pissed me off so bumped up cardio a bit.
                    Since I'm approaching the halfway mark, will likely increase cardio sessions by 5-10 minutes. (Hmm, backlash of experiment? psychic connection? you make the call. j/k. need more data.)

I'm definitely leaner, and getting stronger each workout. I'm working on my patience. I want six pack NOW! If it were easy, everybody'd have one.
                    Since my strength is increasing so nicely with the assistance of anagen (and soon to have more help when the XF kicks in - which will likely accelerate fat loss), I may extend this another month just to see what I can do. Heh heh, but that'll be after some sushi and hummus.

Comment

D, do you think your muscle were just more pumped or something on Day 14.. that's weird !!

Overall, sounding great though !!

Comment

Day 14-15

Day 14 cont'd
                        -------------
                        cardio:
                        p.m. 40 minutes low-mod. intensity

energy: adequate

mood: little cranky, doubts wanted my attention, stayed on top of it
                        One of my favorite quotes: "Fear and doubt are the enemies of man."

app. sup.: mind wanted to drift to food. "comfort me! give up, this isn't worth it." oh yeah, jackass thoughts!! i'm on a mission! finished on target cal/pro.

Day 15
                        --------
                        dosing:
                        will have extra 12.5mg e today.

lifting: a.m. tri's, back
                        Worked tri's 1st again since they are most lagging part. Good workout here. Strength up for reps or weight on most exercises. Endurance great, focus great, pumped like my arms would explode. Back didn't go so great...strength was a little under par, focus began to wane. Lats were sore from shoulder workout yesterday which may have something to do with it. Next week, I'll do back 1st again.

cardio: none...workout took too long. will do after work.

energy: enough. as noted above, will throw in a little extra stim

mood: keeping it relaxed, light. meditate, giving thanks, visualizing success.

weight: 156 (-2) may drop cals to 1800-2000 range...will re-read some of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. on a positive note, do look leaner as well as more muscular. wouldn't mind trading off fat for muscle. funny, you don't realize how thick the fat is until you try to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          D, do you think your muscle were just more pumped or something on Day 14.. that's weird !!

Overall, sounding great though !!

pu, i really don't know. up another .5 this morning. i'm definitely leaner, and when i'm working out my muscles look bigger. i guess as long as i continue to get leaner, i shouldn't put too much emphasis on scale weight. my cardio has been upped as of yesterday to minimum of 30 minutes if postworkout & minimum of 40 minutes if not postworkout (double sessions on non-lifting days). i will also be recalculating my maintenance cals to make sure my deficit range is appropriate.

thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Day 15-16

Day 15 cont'd
                            --------------
                            cardio:
                            p.m. 40 minutes low-moderate intensity

app. sup.: fine. ended day at 2070 cals, on target for protein. no issues with cravings/hunger. btw, recalculated maintenance cals/deficit cals, and to be within a 20-30% reduction range I need 1750-2000/day. i'm gonna stick to the high end of that range in an effort to maintain LBM.

Day 16
                            --------
                            dosing:
                            typical, plus extra 12.5g e

cardio: 40 minutes mod.intensity empty stomach

app. sup.: great

weight: 154 (-4) that's more like it!

waist: 31.5" (lost another .5" there)

Comment

Originally posted by dominique
                              Day 15 cont'd
                              --------------
                              cardio:
                              p.m. 40 minutes low-moderate intensity

app. sup.: fine. ended day at 2070 cals, on target for protein. no issues with cravings/hunger. btw, recalculated maintenance cals/deficit cals, and to be within a 20-30% reduction range I need 1750-2000/day. i'm gonna stick to the high end of that range in an effort to maintain LBM.

Day 16
                              --------
                              dosing:
                              typical, plus extra 12.5g e

cardio: 40 minutes mod.intensity empty stomach

app. sup.: great

weight: 154 (-4) that's more like it!

waist: 31.5" (lost another .5" there)
                              Nice !!!

Comment

good work dom! What have you been using to calculate your maintenance calories? You have a crazy metabolism to be able to cut at 2000 cals!
                                AB goes green

Keep up the awe-some-ness!

Comment

Working...
                                X