Originally posted by dominique
    yes, it is ON. 27 days of war.
    Woot... good thinking hitting tri's hard and first

Comment

Day 3-4

Day 3 cont'd
      -------------
      cardio:
      noon 30 minutes mod. intensity cardio. i don't recall sweating that much since we used to have "special training" sessions at the dojo (i.e., cut off A/C in the summer...the windows would fog, the entire floor would be wet from humidity and sweat...extra attention to stance or else ass on floor).

energy: energy was great from cardio through evening. extra 12.5mg e was in full effect w/ the red acid.

mood: from noon onward it was great. peaceful, stable.

app. sup.: great. finished the day easily with 1995 cals. never woke up hungry in the night or freaking out. that's a little under what i'd like to be eating now, but it's a fair trade off to have the extra flexibility during the night.

Day 4
      -------
      dosing:
      may throw in the 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose again. will play it by ear.

lifting: off

cardio: 30 minutes low intensity, may do again p.m.

energy: mellow, steady, pleasant

mood: feeling good. always feels good getting through a night after reduced cals w/ no issues. boost mentally...a small victory.

weight: 154 (-4)

i'll be taking pictures this weekend. will post as soon as i can get back to the office (monday at the latest)

i am very thankful that yesterday went so well. it's making today that much better!

alright!! i got a pu stamp of approval.

Comment

-4lbs already!!!

Comment

Day 5

AB, it's mostly, if not all, water so far. but a girl can dream can't she?

note: yesterday did not take the extra 12.5mg e, and did not do 2nd cardio. Day 4 cals ~1915.

Day 5
          -------
          dosing:
          today will take the extra 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose

lifting: later today

cardio: 30 minutes moderate intensity empty stomach

energy: mellow energy, laid back, enough to do what needs to be done.

mood: chilled out, kind of space headed. been very low carb for 5 days...and I'm feeling it, but it's doable.

app. sup.: good

weight: 154.5 (-3.5) I'd imagine that I've probably lost whatever water weight I am going to, so will be dropping slower, but hopefully will all be fat.

Comment

weight: 154.5 (-3.5) I'd imagine that I've probably lost whatever water weight I am going to, so will be dropping slower, but hopefully will all be fat.
            Awesome... this grip on reality is so important.. just a awesome mindset right here... realizing that it's going to get harder and not easier.

Dig in !! We got your back girl !!

Comment

Pictures from day 4

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              Awesome... this grip on reality is so important.. just a awesome mindset right here... realizing that it's going to get harder and not easier.

Dig in !! We got your back girl !!

thank you. (digging like she means it)

Day 5 cont'd
              -------------
              lifting:
              p.m. chest/back
              strength was surprisingly good. had a PR on bench press, up 10#. it was crazy b/c i was so low key all day (dragging ass), even in the gym, but once i got into position for a set i blasted it. chest workout was awesome. back was a little more of a struggle mentally, really had to concentrate on staying focused. nonetheless, strength averaged on par for all exercises, up reps on a couple, slightly lower on a couple.

i was very pleasantly surprised by my strength during the workout. by the end, thinking was labored, ran out of steam...took a nap, had a couple meals & now i'm feeling fine.

mood: stable, good

Last edited by dominique; 08-14-2006, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Day 6

dosing: back to standard (Day 1)

cardio: maybe tonight

lifting: a.m. legs
                good workout. established baseline for strength on much neglected squats & hack squats. other than that, strength was good, on par or progressive for all exercises. (chest quite sore from yesterday...joy)

energy: felt fine for workout. feeling fine now.

mood: good

app. sup.: good. got in 2010 cals for yesterday easy.

weight: 155 (-3) this surprised me b/c it's up 1# from 2 days ago. i was disappointed...until a lightbulb went off in my head..... it's almost that wonderful time of the month. every month i fluctuate ~5 lbs during the week before/of IT, so although i will continue to weigh-in during this time, i'm not stressing the fluctuations. the reduced cals/carbs + cardio is doing it's work...& i will not hesitate to make adjustments as needed.

Comment

DOMINIQUE!!!!! Awesome back and arms!! hola! I can't wait to see you ripped!!!!!!! What is your lifting program like? I can only see your split. Damn you've got some serious guns and muscles!!

Ps.. do you play bass?! (in the background) I used to play violin but got lazy.. Those strings definitely strengthen your fingers though right!?
                  Last edited by asianbabe; 08-14-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                    DOMINIQUE!!!!! Awesome back and arms!! hola! I can't wait to see you ripped!!!!!!! What is your lifting program like? I can only see your split. Damn you've got some serious guns and muscles!!

Ps.. do you play bass?! (in the background) I used to play violin but got lazy.. Those strings definitely strengthen your fingers though right!?

wow, thanks, asianbabe!!! i'm not sure how much you want to know about my lifting program so post here or PM me if you have any questions that aren't answered.....In general, I do 4-5 exercises for most bodyparts (6 or more for legs), 3-4 working sets aiming for positive failure at 8-12 reps for upper body, 10-20 reps for legs. When I have access to a spotter, I'll go for a few forced reps on most sets. On my heavier days, I'll pyramid up and sometimes do only 1 set at the heaviest weight. Compound mov't w/ free weights for majority of exercises.

Yeah, I play bass. and yeah, that thing will REALLY strengthen your fretting hand. I rarely play it though, it's more of a toy. I studied jazz bass in college and was allowed to use an electric, which is what I am accustomed to (I've played in bands off and on for about 10 years...bass, drums, guitar...but I quit when I quit drinking...don't like to be in bars/clubs anymore)

Comment

Day 6-7

Day 6 cont'd
                      -------------
                      cardio:
                      p.m. 30 minutes mod. intensity. lightheaded afterward...i think b/c i was mildly dehydrated from afternoon fishing/sunburn.

energy: dropped mid-day through afternoon & then picked up again.

mood: b*tchy mid-day/afternoon....typical of this time o' month. other than than, mellow, positive

app. sup.: good. i woke up and had 1 ground turkey breast patty which got me to 2200 cals...so made target. protein very high, fat/carbs very low for the day. (i went fishing and got sunburned and a little dehydrated which had me irritable for the night...which is why i believe i ate the patty...it wasn't hunger...still not ideal, but within daily cals)

Day 7
                      ------
                      dosing:
                      typical

lifting: abs/calves to be done after work

cardio: 30 minutes mod. intensity empty stomach

energy: smoothe, clear, adequate

mood: woke up pissy about the turkey patty. quick attitude adjustment and a good cardio session & all is well.

waist: 32" (-1.75")

I'm considering a carb up meal tonight since I've been low for 7 days & the next two days are my weakest bodyparts.

Comment

thank you. (digging like she means it)

Day 5 cont'd
                        -------------
                        lifting:
                        p.m. chest/back
                        strength was surprisingly good. had a PR on bench press, up 10#. it was crazy b/c i was so low key all day (dragging ass), even in the gym, but once i got into position for a set i blasted it. chest workout was awesome. back was a little more of a struggle mentally, really had to concentrate on staying focused. nonetheless, strength averaged on par for all exercises, up reps on a couple, slightly lower on a couple.

i was very pleasantly surprised by my strength during the workout. by the end, thinking was labored, ran out of steam...took a nap, had a couple meals & now i'm feeling fine.

mood: stable, good

Incredible !!

Comment

Fellow bass player!! Great lookin pics there Dominique!! Wow!! I'm diggin those tats as well. What's the one on your lower back?

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Originally posted by joey joe joe
                            Fellow bass player!! Great lookin pics there Dominique!! Wow!! I'm diggin those tats as well. What's the one on your lower back?

thanks, joey!
                            neptune(poseidon) is on my lower back. he's waist deep in turbulent water, holding a trident and flaming conch shell. muhahahahahaha

i thought it'd help me catch more fish, or at least not perish in a horrible boating accident.

Comment

Day 7-8

Day 7 cont'd
                              ------------
                              lifting:
                              abs/obliques, calves

cardio: post workout 20 minutes

energy: adequate

mood: fine

app. sup.: was a little hungrier, but no major cravings
                              Had my carb up meal.

Day 8
                              ------
                              dosing:
                              will have the extra 12.5mg e...need it today, oy

lifting: a.m. shoulders/traps
                              despite feeling tired/dull, the workout went very well. strength was on par or progressive for all. endurance & focus fine as well. it was interesting to be able to perform so well feeling the way I did.

cardio: later

energy: feeling sluggish, very slow/dull mentally until 9:30am. feel like i'm coasting, mellow. energy improved nicely after whole food meal.

mood: fine. attitude in check. cruisin'

weight: 157.5 (-.5) morning after carb up

Comment

Day 8-9

Day 8 cont'd
                                -------------
                                cardio:
                                p.m. 35 minutes moderate intensity

energy: was good from late morning onward, cardio was a breeze

mood: good

app. sup.: after cardio I was really hungry and that stuck with me mentally for the remainder of the night ("I WANT FOOD!!!") I had about 10oz of lean steak for my pre-bed meal, and had a whey/casein/water shake in the night. I should have been more disciplined with portion control on the steak.....b/c I ended up with 2300 cals (+100 over target). Looking back, chugging water would have cut the appetite...which was due in part to being under hydrated after cardio...I soaked through my shirt.

weight: before evening cardio 156.5 (-1.5)

Day 9
                                ------
                                dosing:
                                may go with the 12.5mg e w/ 2nd red acid dose(??)

lifting: a.m. tri's, back
                                this was a surprisingly awesome workout. felt good, was strong, endurance good, focus good, great pumps. maybe the extra steak was for the best...just won't be making that a habit. to me, looking leaner & muscle full.

cardio: later today

energy: feeling fine. woke up before my alarm. much better than yesterday.

mood: good. did some mental work to be prepared for increasing hunger......my metabolism is starting to kick pretty good with the daily cardio. don't need to be freaking over a little hunger here and there...it is to be my friend in this.

weight: 157.5 (-.5)

Comment

Working...
                                X