• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bull.dogz
    Good workout!

Are you still feeling sick?
    nah, its been fine.

grip strength is tough, i think thats holding me back a lot. rarely i'll use straps, i don't want it to lag behind because of them.

even though i gained a lb (could be water weight whatever) the calipers read that my bf went down. my pants have felt loose in the waist, so thats good for me. im between size 0 and 2.
    -Kim

Comment

Cool!

My grip strength is weak too. I could go so much heavier on deads if I had more strength. My grip always gives out before the rest of me does.

I was reading reverse grip bb curls help with that. I always forget to try them though.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
        Cool!

My grip strength is weak too. I could go so much heavier on deads if I had more strength. My grip always gives out before the rest of me does.

I was reading reverse grip bb curls help with that. I always forget to try them though.
        just curious, whats your DLs at?
        -Kim

Comment

I'll only do the bar now because of my back. I was at 105lbs, always feel like I can do more but because of the grip thing.....

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

My grip sucks too

After reading around, I ditched my gloves and refuse to use anything for now.
            I just use Chalk and sometimes the Liquid Chalk I have.
            I think I prefer plain regular chalk as oppose to the Liquid Chalk.

I got this from Amazon.
            Cheap Chalk and Bag:
            http://www.amazon.com/Chalk-Weight-L...923666&sr=8-23
            Really I just bought it for the stupid chalk bag lol.
            Beats the Ziploc bag I used to carry at the gym.

PS:
            You women are AWESOME!
            My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

I've never used chalk but I don't like blisters on my hands....yes, I'm still girlie.

Comment

using a mixed grip helps a lot. honestly when it comes to grip strength you just have to keep at it until it improves. i used to have trouble w/DL grip but now im pulling 125 w/out any issues. i think deads, cleans, pullups, chinups, and hanging leg raises help grip a lot.
                -Kim

Comment

i tried a different method of measuring my bf% last night. i think i've been doing it wrong for a while now. i use the calipers, and i was only measuring the skin on my stomach. i found a formula online where you do your tricep, inner stomach, side stomach, and quad and i got 17.35%. just by looking around bb.com i've noticed girls saying they are lower than me and they're clearly holding onto more fat that i am. its hard to figure out, what would you guys say i am?
                  -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimlin85
                    i tried a different method of measuring my bf% last night. i think i've been doing it wrong for a while now. i use the calipers, and i was only measuring the skin on my stomach. i found a formula online where you do your tricep, inner stomach, side stomach, and quad and i got 17.35%. just by looking around bb.com i've noticed girls saying they are lower than me and they're clearly holding onto more fat that i am. its hard to figure out, what would you guys say i am?
                    Here is another if you have not seen it:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

and here is another

http://www.exrx.net/Testing.html
                    My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Comment

I'd have to pinch you to be able to tell. Lol! I have no idea what you are. I'm at about 23%

Comment

... just by looking around bb.com i've noticed girls saying they are lower than me and they're clearly holding onto more fat that i am. its hard to figure out, what would you guys say i am?
                        I forgot to mention this.
                        It all depends on how "They" are measuring their BodyFat %.

Here are a couple articles about the different ways to measure your BodyFat % :
                        http://www.womens-health-fitness.com...analyzers.html

http://www.martinrothonline.com/pers...tors_guide.htm

And if you want an even more detailed explanation:
                        http://mb-soft.com/public2/bodyfat.html

And here is a Medical Journal Article http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/69/5/898
                        Summary of Article: BIA has a +/- 4% Margin of error vs Hydrostatic Weighing.

Summary of it all:
                        Dexa : Best and most accurate
                        Hydrostatic Weighing: 2nd best and accurate
                        BIA: 3rd Best with a (+/-)4% Margin of error compared to Hydrostatic Weighing
                        Calipers: You "Need" to know how to use it properly or find someone that "Knows" how to use them properly. And even then, there is still a margin for error.

Oh, and I don't even bother with the BMI.
                        My BodySpace

Comment

oh well it doesn't matter.

workout:
                          squats, 120 lbs, 5x5
                          db lunges, 30 lbs each hand, 3x6
                          calf raises, 120 lbs, 3x8
                          tabata intervals: high knees

food:
                          am reduction
                          packet of plain oatmeal, 1 tsp honey
                          pwo shake, 1 scoop ON whey, dextrose, water
                          whole grain english muffin w/natty pb
                          2 oz grilled chicken, 3 oz grilled tilapia, 1/2 cup brown rice
                          almonds and banana chips, 1/4 cup cottage cheese
                          grilled chicken on salad w/sunflower seeds and organic dressing
                          1 scoop ON casein
                          pm reduction
                          -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kilim
                            I forgot to mention this.
                            It all depends on how "They" are measuring their BodyFat %.

Here are a couple articles about the different ways to measure your BodyFat % :
                            http://www.womens-health-fitness.com...analyzers.html

http://www.martinrothonline.com/pers...tors_guide.htm

And if you want an even more detailed explanation:
                            http://mb-soft.com/public2/bodyfat.html

And here is a Medical Journal Article http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/69/5/898
                            Summary of Article: BIA has a +/- 4% Margin of error vs Hydrostatic Weighing.

Summary of it all:
                            Dexa : Best and most accurate
                            Hydrostatic Weighing: 2nd best and accurate
                            BIA: 3rd Best with a (+/-)4% Margin of error compared to Hydrostatic Weighing
                            Calipers: You "Need" to know how to use it properly or find someone that "Knows" how to use them properly. And even then, there is still a margin for error.

Oh, and I don't even bother with the BMI.

yeah you're right, there is a lot of variation. i just get shocked when i see a girl w/visable fat on her thighs and stomach, way more than me, claiming to be 14%? i thought i was around 20 myself.
                            -Kim

Comment

From what I have read, DEXA and Hydro weighing cost $$$
                              I want to find a place to do that and maybe do it at least 1/year.

I got the Calipers and a BIA Scale Life Fitness Premium Digital Body Scale .
                              I want to get this scale soemday: Tanita BC558 Segmental Body Composition Monitor and just compare and average out the difference
                              Or maybe I will just go cheap and get the OMRON 306 and just use that to compare and average with what I have now

TBH, I am a newb at the Calipers and probably doing it wrong ... why for now I just check my scale.
                              My BodySpace

Comment

I have the Omron.

Comment

Working...
                                X