No announcement yet.

REDuction + GreenMAG Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to try the OT, now's the time. Tank just posted that Nutraplanet is having a sale on the OT and REDuction. It's an awesome deal!
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

yeah, i ordered 2 bottles. such a sales person!
      -Kim

Comment

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

i took a new back picture since my other one sucked and the sports bra covered most of my back and gave me lil rolls.

alright i know i said i was going to do a weekly update for weight and bf%, but i was pretty suprised to see 115 lbs on the scale. i haven't broken below 116 in a month, not even once. due to waterweight i generally fluctuate anywhere between 116-118 on any given day. its early in the game so i would say its a combination of reduction and the fact that logging keeps me in check. to be honest weight is not nearly as important as bf% to me, so we'll just see how this progresses.

i slept like a rock last night, i don't remember waking up at all. today is HIIT day so i'll update later on how it turns out.
          -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimlin85
            i took a new back picture since my other one sucked and the sports bra covered most of my back and gave me lil rolls.

alright i know i said i was going to do a weekly update for weight and bf%, but i was pretty suprised to see 115 lbs on the scale. i haven't broken below 116 in a month, not even once. due to waterweight i generally fluctuate anywhere between 116-118 on any given day. its early in the game so i would say its a combination of reduction and the fact that logging keeps me in check. to be honest weight is not nearly as important as bf% to me, so we'll just see how this progresses.

i slept like a rock last night, i don't remember waking up at all. today is HIIT day so i'll update later on how it turns out.
            Stunning!

I am still so jealous over the squat rack!

Most would say to check your weight no more than 1/week.
            And to check it always at the same time when you do it to get a consistent number.
            I tend to check mine after I use the BR 1st thing in the morning.
            My scale also checks BF% so its a nice to get both numbers.

Only reason I did it daily is because I already started doing it daily and I just wanted to see what a diet can affect on you.

I also hear ya on the BF%!
            I would be happy to keep my current weight if I can just drop the BF%

What I find with REDuction after a while is you have such a great sleep that your body will just wakeup and be ready for the day at times.
            Like you can't sleep anymore lol.
            Weekends is when I don't do anything so this is when I notice it the most.
            I would lie in my bed for a few minutes trying to get a few more minutes of sleep and my body says "Nope, we have hasd enough good sleep, lets do something!"

I really dig tracking my progress also.
            It is another motivating tool for me.
            Great to see progress every week
            Here is an online version of the spreadsheet I made for the REDuction contest: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...0l0eFEUg&gid=0

Good Luck on your journey
            Last edited by Kilim; 07-19-2008, 08:53 AM.
            My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

115! Nice, I haven't seen that in a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilim
                Stunning!

I am still so jealous over the squat rack!

Most would say to check your weight no more than 1/week.
                And to check it always at the same time when you do it to get a consistent number.
                I tend to check mine after I use the BR 1st thing in the morning.
                My scale also checks BF% so its a nice to get both numbers.

Only reason I did it daily is because I already started doing it daily and I just wanted to see what a diet can affect on you.

I also hear ya on the BF%!
                I would be happy to keep my current weight if I can just drop the BF%

What I find with REDuction after a while is you have such a great sleep that your body will just wakeup and be ready for the day at times.
                Like you can't sleep anymore lol.
                Weekends is when I don't do anything so this is when I notice it the most.
                I would lie in my bed for a few minutes trying to get a few more minutes of sleep and my body says "Nope, we have hasd enough good sleep, lets do something!"

I really dig tracking my progress also.
                It is another motivating tool for me.
                Great to see progress every week
                Here is an online version of the spreadsheet I made for the REDuction contest: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...0l0eFEUg&gid=0

Good Luck on your journey
                very detailed spreadsheet kilim! i keep one as well, but its mainly just for my lift numbers. it helps a lot with goal setting.

i have a bad habit of weighing myself often, but i have grown accustomed to seeing fluctuations due to water weight and food intake. for bf% i have calipers, which i only use on my stomach. its good enough for an estimate and i can simply gauge against myself.

today was HIIT day. I rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes, a few minutes of warmup and cool down, with 30 second intervals of max effort, 30 seconds of moderate effort. ill be honest i hate cardio, especially on machines.

i felt pretty nacious a little while afterwards, but it subsided. not sure what that was all about...

FOODZ:
                AM reduction
                whole gain english muffin w/almond butter
                tilapia fillet with 1/2 cup of whole wheat/buckwheat noodles
                1/2 scoop greenmag, dividied before and after HIIT
                small whole wheat pita with 5oz grilled chicken, hummus, red pepper flakes

later today...
                1/2 cup cottage cheese, celery
                cheat dinner, japanese: small avocado salad w/bad dressing, 1 roll of fancy sushi (no tempura ), shrimps out of my gf's fried rice (she hates seafood, ill take them!)
                1 scoop of ON casein w/water
                PM reduction

i will try extremely hard not to go out drinking tonight! i need to save energy for chest day tomorrow. weighted dips+bench destroy me.
                -Kim

Comment

Today's workout:

Bench: 85 lbs, 5x3 (felt like shit )
                  Weighted Dips: 20lbs, 3x7 (felt awesome )
                  Incline DB Bench: 30s, 3x6 (decent)
                  Tabata intervals: first round was high knees and pushups, second round was burpees/mountain climbers/high knees/jumping jacks. the usual setsXreps. raped my lungs and muscles.

basically my bench was a huge disappointment, last week i made 3x4 so my goal was 4x4 for this week. real bummer. but the dips felt awesome, last week i struggled with 3x6, this week i breezed through 3x7. soon i'll be hanging a 25 lb plate from my dip belt.
                  -Kim

Comment

Weighted dips? Awesome, girl I'm still doing assisted.

Edit: What are high knees?
                    Last edited by bull.dogz; 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
                      Weighted dips? Awesome, girl I'm still doing assisted.

Edit: What are high knees?
                      you gotta start somewhere! dips feel awesome, i really enjoy them. im sure with your crossfitting you will be doing crazy ring dips and pullups soon.

high knees are when you are on your toes and you raise one knee as high as you can, and alternate to the next knee. just like running in place but bringing your knees up really high. for intervals it gives u an ass whipping.

foodz for today:

AM reduction
                      whole grain english muffin w/natty pb
                      1/2 greenmag scoop (drank half before lifting, half after)
                      pwo shake w/1 scoop vanilla ice cream ON whey, dextrose, h20
                      bertuccis for lunch: one balsamic chicken breast (5-6oz), steamed broccoli, 1/3 cup of mashed potato, half a roll in olive oil (too temping to say no), lil bit of salad.
                      1 oz of unsalted almonds & the rest of my broccoli from lunch
                      6oz of lean beef grilled, 1/2 cup of frozen mixed baby veggies
                      1 scoop of ON casien in h20
                      PM reduction
                      -Kim

Comment

high knees are when you are on your toes and you raise one knee as high as you can, and alternate to the next knee. just like running in place but bringing your knees up really high. for intervals it gives u an ass whipping.
                        Sounds like a calf cramp to me. Lol, I'm going to have to try those!

Comment

Workout:
                          Deadlifts, 125, 5x5
                          Weighted Pullups, 10 lbs, 3x6
                          Bent Rows, 60 lbs, 3x7
                          Tabata Intervals: high knees

i felt pretty jittery and naucious throughout this workout session. during intervals i felt cramping and my ankles hurt (which NEVER happens). even though it felt shitty i am happy with the numbers. my gains are going at the same speed as they were before taking any supplements.

the PM pill isn't knocking me out like a lot of people say. my sleep has been unaffected thus far. the AM pill wakes me up almost like coffee, and i generally don't get tired later in the day. i don't think i feel GM at all yet. not sure how long these things are supposed to take to kick in?

Food:
                          AM reduction
                          small whole wheat pita w/natty pb
                          1/2 scoop gm in water, half before half after lifting
                          pwo shake, 1 scoop ON whey, dextrose, water
                          1 oz of sunflower seeds mixed w/soy nuts, unsalted
                          6oz balsamic chicken breast, 1/3 cup of mashed potato
                          5oz lean beef, 1/3 cup of frozen baby veggies
                          6oz grilled chicken breast, frozen peas
                          1 scoop ON casein with water
                          PM reduction
                          -Kim

Comment

Workout:
                            Deadlifts, 125, 5x5
                            Weighted Pullups, 10 lbs, 3x6
                            Bent Rows, 60 lbs, 3x7
                            Tabata Intervals: high knees

i felt pretty jittery and naucious throughout this workout session. during intervals i felt cramping and my ankles hurt (which NEVER happens). even though it felt shitty i am happy with the numbers. my gains are going at the same speed as they were before taking any supplements.

the PM pill isn't knocking me out like a lot of people say. my sleep has been unaffected thus far. the AM pill wakes me up almost like coffee, and i generally don't get tired later in the day. i don't think i feel GM at all yet. not sure how long these things are supposed to take to kick in?

Food:
                            AM reduction
                            small whole wheat pita w/natty pb
                            1/2 scoop gm in water, half before half after lifting
                            pwo shake, 1 scoop ON whey, dextrose, water
                            1 oz of sunflower seeds mixed w/soy nuts, unsalted
                            6oz balsamic chicken breast, 1/3 cup of mashed potato
                            5oz lean beef, 1/3 cup of frozen baby veggies
                            6oz grilled chicken breast, frozen peas
                            1 scoop ON casein with water
                            PM reduction
                            Hi,

Great log so far. Jittery and nauseas during the workout... hmmm... I see this has happened a few times in your log. I would do two things:
                            1.) increase water/h2o intake - Especially since your taking REDuction & Green MAG, make sure you get enough water.

2.) Perhaps you should eat a small amount of food before hitting the gym. I know that your cutting/diet, but your pushing your body hard (good workouts, for sure) and if a little bit of food helps you feel better during your workout and allow you to push more weight, then it will be better for you overall.

The PM formula helps me sleep deeper, and not wake up and raid the cabinets in the middle of the night but as far as falling asleep quicker (knocking me out) i haven't noticed that yet.

keep up the great work.
                            -RR

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                              Hi,

Great log so far. Jittery and nauseas during the workout... hmmm... I see this has happened a few times in your log. I would do two things:
                              1.) increase water/h2o intake - Especially since your taking REDuction & Green MAG, make sure you get enough water.

2.) Perhaps you should eat a small amount of food before hitting the gym. I know that your cutting/diet, but your pushing your body hard (good workouts, for sure) and if a little bit of food helps you feel better during your workout and allow you to push more weight, then it will be better for you overall.

The PM formula helps me sleep deeper, and not wake up and raid the cabinets in the middle of the night but as far as falling asleep quicker (knocking me out) i haven't noticed that yet.

keep up the great work.
                              -RR
                              thanks for the input. im considering taking GM later in the day, i think its too much liquid in my stomach when i lift. plus its difficult finishing gm after lifting and then immediatly drinking a pwo protein shake. i always eat something beforehand, either a small bowl of cereal or a ww english muffin or pita. will taking gm later in the day have any adverse affects?

nice to hear that the PM formula doesn't knock you out either. i keep seeing people claim that on bb.com and i felt like i was the only one not experiencing it.
                              -Kim

Comment

thanks for the input. im considering taking GM later in the day, i think its too much liquid in my stomach when i lift. plus its difficult finishing gm after lifting and then immediatly drinking a pwo protein shake. i always eat something beforehand, either a small bowl of cereal or a ww english muffin or pita. will taking gm later in the day have any adverse affects?

nice to hear that the PM formula doesn't knock you out either. i keep seeing people claim that on bb.com and i felt like i was the only one not experiencing it.
                                No taking GM later in the day will not have adverse effects. It is designed to be used around workouts though. I already see you are doing half pre, half post, which was my first thought for you.

Maybe you could try taking it earlier in the day (depending on your schedule). That way you'll have the creatine in your system when you workout, yet when you workout it will be later enough that it doesn't upset your stomach. what time do you usually go to the gym?

Comment

Working...
                                X