REDuction + GreenMAG Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDuction + GreenMAG Log

For the next 30 days I'm giving CL a shot, trying something new. Currently I eat pretty clean, lift 5 days a week on the 5x5, and do HIIT. The only supplements I take are ON whey, ON casein, and multivitamins. I'm not changing my routine at all, just adding supplements and seeing what happens.

--------------------------------------------

Starting Stats:
    Sex: female
    Height: 5'
    Weight: 116
    BF%: 20%

Workout Plan:

Monday: Back
    Deadlifts 5x5
    Weighted Pullups 3x8
    Bent Rows 3x8
    Tabata Intervals

Tuesday: Shoulders
    Pushpress 5x5
    Cleans 3x8
    Bent Lateral Raises 3x8
    Tabata Intervals

Wednesday: HIIT

Thursday: Misc
    Decline Crunches 4x12
    Hanging Knee Raises 3x10
    Weighted Chinups 3x8
    Tabata Intervals

Friday: Legs
    Squats or Front Squats 5x5
    DB Lunges 3x8
    Calf Raises 3x8
    Tabata Intervals

Saturday: HIIT

Sunday: Chest
    Flat Bench 5x5
    Weighted Dips 3x8
    Incline DB Press 3x8
    Tabata Intervals

Current Diet:

Meal 1 Coffee, 1/2 cup of Kashi Go-Lean and Skim milk

Meal 2 PWO Shake (1 scoop ON whey, dextrose, water), Whole wheat muffin/bun with 4 egg whites & hummus

Meal/Snack 3 Handfull of almonds & banana chips

Meal 4 Lean meat & brown rice or whole wheat pasta

Meal 5 Cottage cheese & celery

Meal 6 Lean meat & fibrous veggies

Meal/Snack 7 3-4 egg whites, casein shake (half scoop w/water)

ROUGHLY about 1500-1600 calories

Pics tomorrow AM.
    -Kim

Great to have you! Are you planning on competing?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
      Great to have you! Are you planning on competing?
      haha im far from being on that level! here's a pic i took on the 11th:

i'll try and take full body shots tomorrow. my greatest area of weakness is my lower abs. i've been able to drop 19 lbs since around october of last year, but ive reached a point where the fat loss has slowed down. i hold fat like guys do, just in the gut and love handles.

im hoping REDuction can help me out with that part, even if it only means a tiny percentage of fat loss. it would also be awesome to break some PRs.
      -Kim

Comment

Day 1 Pics, 7/17/08, 5:30AM

sorry for the weird back one, its the best i could do! just took the AM pills and mixed up some GM. at the end of the day i'll give an update.

those AM pills woke my ass UP!
        -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimlin85
          i hold fat like guys do, just in the gut and love handles.
          Lucky! I hold fat Everywhere!

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Lucky! I hold fat Everywhere!
            at least you hold it evenly!

i'll sum up the day now because i plan my meals ahead of time. work is kinda slow unfortunately.

workout:
            weighted chinups, 10 lbs, 3x6
            decline ab bench, holding 10 lbs, 4x12
            hanging leg raises, 3x10
            tabata intervals, air bike, 8 intervals, 20 seconds max effort, 10 seconds rest

food intake:
            AM reduction
            coffee w/skim milk, 1/2 cup kashi
            1/2 scoop of greenmag
            pwo shake (1 scoop on whey, dextrose, water)
            whole wheat bun, 4 egg whites, hummus
            small baggie of unsalted almonds and banana chips
            6oz lean steak w/brown jasmine rice
            cottage cheese & celery
            6oz chicken breast in salad, all natural sesame ginger dressing
            1/2 scoop casein + PM reduction

lifting felt no different than usual. today is more of a light day, probably my least fav since i don't like doing abs. i've been kinda antsy at my desk today, probably from the caffine in reduction. i did notice that soon after taking it i was wide awake. im glad i didn't get too jittery since i'm small and its a lot of caffine for me.
            -Kim

Comment

I'm sensitive to stims and I loved the energy REDuction gave me without the crash or jitters.

You look like you've got everything dialed in.

Comment

I'm sensitive to stims and I loved the energy REDuction gave me without the crash or jitters.

You look like you've got everything dialed in.
                just curious, how much green mag do you take?
                -Kim

Comment

I take 1/2 scoop before I workout.

Comment

I take 1/2 scoop before I workout.
                    thanks girl.
                    -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimlin85
                      haha im far from being on that level! here's a pic i took on the 11th:

Are you working out at home?
                      And is that a Squat Rack I see?

I so need to get a house soon so I can build my own gym at home!
                      My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

Originally posted by Kilim
                        Are you working out at home?
                        And is that a Squat Rack I see?

I so need to get a house soon so I can build my own gym at home!
                        yeah, i do work out at home. we converted a bedroom of our apartment into a mini-gym. its good for me since i don't use machines, only freeweights. we have a squat rack, bench, pullup bar, dip station, weighted dip/pullup/chinup belt, standard weight set up to 150 (need more plates), dbs up to 30 lbs (need more of those too), and a decline ab bench. check craigs list, i bet you can find some good stuff.

last night i stuck to my meal plan (wasnt too hard, i'm used to it). i feel like the AM pills lasted until the evening, i normally get tired after lunch and during my ride home from work at 5pm. that didn't happen at all, which was awesome.

the PM pills didn't knock me out like a lot of people describe. i think just under an hour after taking them i drifted off comfortably. i slept well all night. today is leg day, i'll update on that later this afternoon.
                        Last edited by kimlin85; 07-18-2008, 04:18 AM.
                        -Kim

Comment

Workout:
                          Squats, 120 lbs, 4x5 (PR)
                          DB lunges, 25 lbs, 3x8 (felt easy)
                          Calf raises, 120 lbs, 3x8
                          Tabata intervals: alternating tabata squats & high knees. 8 sets, 20 sec max effort, 10 sec rest

Felt pretty great today, lots of energy. New PR on squats, I felt like i could've done another set but I wanted to save some for the tabata squats. The tabata intervals whipped my behind today. not too much muscle fatigue but they got my heart rate going more than usual. My lungs were burning for a while afterwards.

Foodz:
                          AM reduction
                          1/2 cup kashi, skim milk, coffee w/skim milk
                          1/2 scoop GM
                          PWO shake (1 scoop rocky road ON, dextrose, h20)
                          whole wheat bun, 3 egg whites, hummus
                          1 oz of almonds, unsalted
                          6oz baked chicken breast, 1/2 cup of whole wheat/buckwheat noodles
                          1/2 can of tuna w/organic balsamic dressing, 1/3 cup of green beans
                          tilapia fillet marinated in all natural teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup frozen peas
                          1 scoop of ON casein in water
                          PM reduction

I figure i'll weigh myself and test bf% once a week.
                          -Kim

Comment

Nice job!

Make sure to save your containers. We've always got some kind of contest going on and you need your containers plus after you have so many you can turn your labels in for free stuff.

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=5653

Comment

Nice job!

Make sure to save your containers. We've always got some kind of contest going on and you need your containers plus after you have so many you can turn your labels in for free stuff.

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=5653
                              ill probably cash in on that at some point. its only been 2 days so its kinda early to say, but i am very interested in OT once my multis run out. plus im curious about the lemonade flavored GM.
                              -Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X