Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Help

#1 Useless Programs

On my computer I have alot of useless porgrams that I cant get rid of via 'Add/Remove Programs'. What is another way to delete them? I have alot of games and programs that I dont use. It was a hand me down computer so my grandparents have like Quicken and all this other stuff on here that is taking up valuable space.

#2 Disk Defragmenter

When I go to do the defragmenter it will do its thing then at the end i will get an error that says it cant complete it. How do I fix this? I'm going to kepp coming here when I have quesions
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

CCleaner/Easy Remover 2004 fpr Programs and stuff

Are you really low on disk space also, that would cause the disk defragmentation error.

Comment

I can either give you a really nerdy response, or a pretty basic response.

Nerdy: Go into safe mode, usually pressing F8 during bootup will give you the option of going into safe mode. From there, you will have to find the location of the program (C:\Program Files\****** or whatever it is) and delete it manually.

Nerdy Pt2: You might have to go into the Task Manager and check the processes that are currently running, that should tell you if something is running that isnt letter you complete the defrag. Defrag cant have anything running becuase its going through all of your files one by one by one.

BONUS!!! Nerdy pt 3: You can go into MsConfig (Start/Run/Type MsConfig/ Press enter), check the startup tab. That will tell you every program that starts when your computer does. Generally thats where a lot of resources are chewed up. Uncheck things you know startup and but dont want. Just make sure you dont uncheck something that your comuter needs or you'll make a temporary paper weight.

Hope this helps.
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Fuck man, I worked in Tech Support for like 2 years. I'm having flashbacks lol

Yeah dude, run some anti-spyware programs, run an anti-virus and once everything is cleaned up "automatically," manually use MSCONFIG to see what's in the start up items. Another program I like to use after is called Crap Cleaner (search for it on google).

Crap Cleaner goes through temp files, dumps em safely. Goes through unused extensions, old install files and erroneous crap, dumps em safely. And finally you can go to the crap in your registry (very sketchy!), back it up and then safely rips it.

Once your computer is clean as hell, you can do a disk defrag and have a computer that feels like brand new without reformatting. Sketchy details, I know, but you can post again or even PM me if you want some more help. I'm not a pro at computers anymore (dropped college courses, etc) but I hate having a junk-laden computer.

Comment

Well after running CCleaner, I still have those programs on there. They are using very valuable space! lol The CCleaner really helped tho. It cleaned out about 384MB of stuff.

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

CCleaner cleans up a bunch of nasty shit you could never get rid of unless you're looking for it specifically (or using a comparable program which I haven't bothered looking for).

Go into MSCONFIG and write down all the shit you see in there, or take a screen shot by pressing ALT + Print Screen. I'll let ya know what to pick out of there without screwing up your computer.

Comment

K, what tab should i go into? Just the one that pops up when you open it? And what about those damn programs!!! lol
              Last edited by Alerux; 08-05-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                K, what tab should i go into? Just the one that pops up when you open it? And what about those damn programs!!! lol
                http://www.download.com/Easy-Remover...-10288287.html

Comment

Nothing cleans up the reg like a clean install

Comment

I got CCleaner. Do I need that too? I'm just asking in case you didnt know that I had it.

Comment

I got CCleaner. Do I need that too? I'm just asking in case you didnt know that I had it.
                      CCleaner just gets rid of alot of crap that should let you remove the programs that you cant remove

Comment

Omg... People Are Nerdzz Lolol!!!!! Woahoaoahoa!!!!!!! HOW DO BODY BUILDERS BVEOCME NERDSSSZZZ!?!?!! WHATTTTTT!!!!

Comment

It didnt help bro. Half the stuff had the logo on it and I'd click uninstall and it would 'cant find' blah blah '..Uninstallation will not continue'

Comment

It didnt help bro. Half the stuff had the logo on it and I'd click uninstall and it would 'cant find' blah blah '..Uninstallation will not continue'
                            ok first thing is first, never delete anything straight from c:\program files\ .. you still have registry items all over the place in your computer. second, you don't need to go through msconfig to look for what programs are starting up cause that's not your problem right now as you mentioned earlier. three, programs are programs, there are ways to delete it without third party intervention (CCleaner). Four, it might not be an adware/spyware problem. Five, you need to post some screen shots of your desktop having your start menu open, your processes in your process manager. i do this for a living at work, i look for adware/spyware and viruses just through processes/registry/boot execute. so go get some screens. i'll see what i can do.

Comment

Alright, Im not really sure what you meant but I gave it my best shot. Here they are:

continued..

Like I said, I didnt know what you meant..Im a noob Just let me know what else you need and where to go to get it.

SHAT! How do I make them bigger?
                              Last edited by Alerux; 08-06-2006, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X