Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutritional difference between hot and cold food

Hey guys,

I've always eaten my food when it's still hot but I'm going back to university in a couple of months and I'll be taking my own cooked food (cheaper and the shit they serve is piss poor). Obviously the food is going to cool down so my question is are they any nutritional differences between food that's still hot (i.e. just been cooked) and food that's gone cold (e.g. been refridgerated, frozen or just left to cool)? Does it depend on the food?

Any help here would be much appreciated,
    Mark

Anyone?

Comment

Bump

Comment

No idea, good question.. I doubt there would be significant difference although

Only thing i can think of is if you don't keep any meat cold enough after cooking/taking to uni there's a chance of it going off

Comment

this would be comparable to drinking cold/hot water.

cold water your body burns energy to make it warm

hot warm makes your body hotter (thermogenesis) and the body burns energy to cool down

You might burn an additional 15-50 calories a day, I am sure the amount is not very significant, but if you are looking for that little extra and dont want to spend 5-10minutes doing some light physical activity, than it might be for you.

eat what is healthy, regardless of if it is hot or cold. a cold sandwhich > hot pizza hot chicken > cold twinkies

ya kno what I mean?

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Not much of a difference, HOWEVER...microwaving ALL your food in the long run will rob you of some of the nutrients. One meal isn't going to make a difference but six meals a day over a year. Let's say you microwave only two of them. Let's see 2x365=730 meals microwaved. If you must you must as I do, but I try to use a toaster oven or stove as much as possible.

Comment

Something about using microwaves to heat food doesn't sound healthy or natural to me..

.. throw tin foil in there for 5minutes and you'll see what I mean..

Comment

good question, I was unsure about this too. Nice video Chococat thanks

Kam
                  "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

Working...
                  X