Diet and the military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet and the military

I am currently in the Marine Corps, and trying to do the "anabolic diet", where you eat mainly fatty meats and such, and almost no carbohydrates. Anyways, I have become discouraged because of the lack of choices I have here. The "Chow hall" has small amounts of shitty food, and I have no access to a kitchen or anything. Can you guys recommend foods for keto that I can keep in my fridge and not have to prepare?

Thanks.

I did keto, which is similar, so here's some of my experiences:

Cheese sticks are almost the perfect keto food as far as macros go. Protein shakes are great, but the ones with low carbs are usually not that calorie dense and hence, not very filling. If you have a fridge, keep a bunch of lunch meats in there. Hard boiled eggs you can take pretty much anywhere and are another winner as far as macros go.

If you can find a low-carb beef jerky, that's a good snack. Rotisserie chicken is great. I used to buy one every week or so, take all the meat off and just have it in the fridge to make whatever with it.

To get your fats up, I used to make keto PB cups (there is a recipe on the keto forum on bb.com) and a improvised cheescake (4 oz of cream cheese, 4 tbsp of splenda, yeah it's a lot of splenda, but sometimes I needed some sweet stuff).

Comment

Excessive consumption of calories and lack of contributing to weight gain, obesity and chronic diseases, whereas unintentional weight loss may indicate a caloric deficit.
      excessive sweating

Comment

Working...
      X