Fatloss / Nutrition mistakes that you have made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatloss / Nutrition mistakes that you have made

What are some Fatloss / Nutrition mistakes that you have made ?

Here are some of mine:

- Tracking only total calories and not macronutrients

- Cutting / Fatloss for the wrong reasons (women)

- Cutting / Fatloss FOR summer....DURING the summer (DOH !!)

- Overdosing on pure Yohimbine HCL

- Starvation diet because my girlfriend was coming to visit and I didn't want her to see me looking "bloated" from bulking

I'm sure I'll think of some more....

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    What are some Fatloss / Nutrition mistakes that you have made ?

Here are some of mine:

- Cutting / Fatloss for the wrong reasons (women)

- Cutting / Fatloss FOR summer....DURING the summer (DOH !!)

- Overdosing on pure Yohimbine HCL

- Starvation diet because my girlfriend was coming to visit and I didn't want her to see me looking "bloated" from bulking

I'm sure I'll think of some more....
    I've got you beat...

1 - Starting out I followed something I read on the biggest loser website which said that the MINIMUM caloric intake for males was 1500 per day. So that is what I ate for the longest time. Holy hell did the screw my metabolism.

2 - For about a month I was weighing myself 5-10 times a day, I would freak if the scale went up too much during the day. I ended up locking the scale away after that. I only weigh once per week now (unless doing a supplement log)

3 - Knowing I don't respond well to Y taking the ECY stack before HIIT cardio *faint*

4 - Not enough fiber on a ketogenic diet = no poop

5 - Guestimating calories/macronutrients once led me to think I was taking in the right amounts when in actuality I was only taking in about 2/3 of my calories and 1/2 of my protein.

6 - Losing weight for the wrong reasons (women)

7 - Trying the slimfast diet (back in 2003)

Thats all I can think of for now

Josh
    Back to the basics!

Comment

just two for me,

1.starvation diet just before my girlfriend came back from the University (seems like a common one, eh?)

2. More of an extension of the other, no eating enough protein/complex carbs..just watching total calories.

Comment

I think the biggest problem I've had in the past is portion size. It's a heck of a lot smaller then I thought it was. Thus, when counting calories, I was way off...

Comment

1. Not eating enough to start with and then even dropping it more.
          2. Getting only 4 hours of sleep, doing cardio in the AM and lifting in the PM
          3. Doing an hour of cardio a day

I lost major strength after this one, took a while to get it all back.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

^^^^ thats a big one that I believe many make in the begining. I remember I would only count fat and protein and not bother counting carbs, then I'd wonder why cutting was such a challenge.

Comment

-Way to much cardio during the day

Comment

I like to drink beer too much, and have trouble sticking with abdominal workouts + cardio...

that is about it.

Comment

1. only ate healthy choice and smart ones meals during the day (it's gotta be good for you, right?)
                  2. taking ec while drinking and thinking that would burn up the empty calories ( "...drinking and thinking..." - doh!! )
                  3. still don't count calories as much as I should, but I do eat smaller portions (why buy a scale when I can just eyeball it?)

jdouchebag for president

Comment

1. Not having read "Bromocriptine" by Lyle McDonald earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitar
                      1. Not having read "Bromocriptine" by Lyle McDonald earlier
                      So you are saying you've taken Bromocriptine and had success with it? Or just enjoyed the book?
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

-Sleeping way too little 4 or less hours or slleping way too much 12+ hours.
                        + =

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
                          -Sleeping way too little 4 or less hours or slleping way too much 12+ hours.
                          I agree, but think the negative effects of too little sleep can be seen as early as 6 hours.
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                            I agree, but think the negative effects of too little sleep can be seen as early as 6 hours.

Oh I'm sure, those are just mistakes that I've made personally. How much sleep is too much ya think? More than 10 hours?
                            + =

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
                              Oh I'm sure, those are just mistakes that I've made personally. How much sleep is too much ya think? More than 10 hours?
                              From a catabolism onset by hunger state I'd say 10+ yeah. From a YOUR A LAZYASS state, more than 8.. muwhahaha.
                              Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                              X