*Official Movie Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DaVinci Code

So I read the book and thought it was great. BUT, after seeing the movie last night I was very dissappointed. I had heard critics complained that they moved too quickly through the clues. I figured that would happen since they didn't want the movie to last 10 hours.

But what I didn't realize was that they changed a lot of the story. I don't want to get into any details, it may ruin it for others. I guess they had to 'dumb' the movie down a bit so that some people could understand it easier without having to think much. I just felt it took a lot from the original story, I had a hard time watching it knowing how it should have went.

So, if you just finished reading the book, like myself, you will most likely be a bit dissappointed. But if haven't read it or read it a while ago you'll probably enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      I still haven't seen Vendetta
      lol......If you're talking about "V for Vendetta"......Don't waste your time! It was terrible........the only good part was seeing Natalie Portman in a German beer stein girl outfit......Of course, that may make the movie worth seeing for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by josh71
        lol......If you're talking about "V for Vendetta"......Don't waste your time! It was terrible........the only good part was seeing Natalie Portman in a German beer stein girl outfit......Of course, that may make the movie worth seeing for you!!
        A lot of people told me it was a great movie, one of their all time favorites actually.
        -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
        -Jack Bauer

Comment

The movie I am looking forward to is Superman Returns (I am a die hard Superman fan).

Comment

Originally posted by storm shadow
            I heard poseiden was bad, but I'll still rent it, I'm watcing DaVinci Code tonight so I'll give it my own little review for you guys.
            Poseiden was ok. Not as bad as critics made it sound. Its just one of those movies that can wait to be seen on DVD. I give it a 2 out of 4 stars

Comment

Originally posted by josh71
              London, no American accents, explosions and guns and shit = awesome

Comment

Have you guys all seen the previews for 3Fast 3 Furious: Tokyo ?

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/

Comment

Yea, it looks like its gonna be worse then the second one. IMO the first was better then 2nd. I will not go see that movie..

Anyone See over the fence? I wanna see that, anyone have a review on it..
                  If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

Yep, I'm going to go see it because I'm into cars but...
                    I have very low expectations for the movie, especially since Bow Wow is one of the main characters
                    -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
                    -Jack Bauer

Comment

we saw GHOST on VHS....well the first half hour then the kids started acting up

stuff movies, everyone geared up for Hughes V Gracie ????????????

Comment

I wish there was a better fight card IMO for UFC 60. I don't know If im gonna order this one or not. I got the last one, they were all pretty good fights. I wanna see Ortiz and Shamrock battle it out again. Well at least Ortiz battle it out, last time Shamrock just layed thered and got pulverized. I think he didn't hear the ref say lets get it on.

Comment

DE who you rooting for?, I hope Hughes beats Royce...

Comment

Hughes
                            - currently active MMA fighter (plus he be da champ)
                            - will dominate Gracie with his power/wrestling skills on the ground
                            - will dominate the standup battle (trains with militech ffs)
                            - hughes is very vulnurable to being choked (see Hughes VS BJ Penn)

Gracie
                            - BJJ master (in a GI)
                            - no real MMA experiance (UFC 1-8 didnt count as mma IMO)
                            - really, who has he beaten - he beat shamrock, shamrock learned, the the rematch SUCKED coz no one had an advantage (or both were too scared to make a mistake)

so unless hughes makes a mistake he will own this fight.

on Shamrock Vs Ortiz.....i dont see it happening again.....ortiz won the first fight, but that was 4 years ago. shamrock is a legend, and i hope he gets at least a fair fight, i dont like seeing anyone get dominated....it sucks that ken has to drop to ortiz's weight, ken is a 220-230 fighter, tito is a lean dude (and realy fkn good at dropping weight)

open weight fight will make a difference.

lets remember the best part of that match was when shamrock dropped ortiz with that short right.....MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

War SHAMROCK!!!!!

Comment

Went to a special screening of XMen 3 last night.
                              I enjoyed it very much.... fans of the first 2 will love it.
                              Make the time....

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                                Went to a special screening of XMen 3 last night.
                                I enjoyed it very much.... fans of the first 2 will love it.
                                Make the time....
                                Good to hear bro.
                                -Supplement Addict-

-Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
                                X