What to mix with Golden Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to mix with Golden Finish?

I have been enjoying all my CL products so far.
    I LOVE the effects of Golden Finish.
    But the taste needs a little work.

Post-workout, I tend to get a 20oz cold water and mix my 1 serving (3 scoops) of GFH in my Blender/Shaker Cup and mix it and drink it on my way home from the gym.
    Taste does grow on you but it is not my favorite.

Does anyone recommend something to add to the GFH to make it more appealing to the taste buds?

PS:
    Does CL plan to have a new flavor GFH? (Please say yes )
    Making it taste like Purple Wraath or GreenMag would be a plus
    My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Originally posted by Kilim
    Does anyone recommend something to add to the GFH to make it more appealing to the taste buds?
    Pineapple and Coconut

Comment

water or milk

Comment

I like ice cold water

Comment

I have been using Ice Cold water!

I am now upto 24oz ice Cold Water when I use 1 serving of GFH.
          taste is ok but not the best tasting I have ever had.

I was just wondering if anyone else has anything easy that they mix it with to make it taste better.

I drink it right after a workout on my way out of the gym.
          I don't want to drink it with milk, besides, that means bringing a cooler and putting it in the locker.

I am not a big coconut guy but pineapple is ok.
          Maybe I will bring a can of pineapple and mix it with the water and GFH.

Wondering if there is soemthing that is low calorie and low or zero carb/fat powder I can mix with it also.
          Gonna have to check the Kool-aid or Tang or whatever at the groceries tomorrow.

I was able to tolerate the taste of WF, I just chug it mixed in 10oz water, thats easy.
          But I don't think I can handle to chug a high concentration of GFH in 10-12oz water.

GFH is tolerable, with 24oz cold water or more, but its a bit tarty or tangy still.
          I already drink about 2-3 liters of water during a workout, I don't want to dilute the GFH in an extra 1liter water just so it will be better for me lol.
          Last edited by Kilim; 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM.
          My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Comment

I really liked the taste but I like fruity drinks.
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Tasted fine to me. Water + an ice cube or two.

Comment

Ok, its nice for you guys that actually enjoy the taste with plain cold water, props to you all
                I just don't find it too enjoyable.

I added a little Sugar Free Kool-aid Tropical Punch to my GFH today PWO and I like it much better this way.
                Going to have to lower the amount of Kool-aid though lol.
                I added 1 tsp to 1 serving GFH in 20oz water and it was ok, a little tary.
                Going to try 1/2 or 1/4 tsp next time.
                Good thing about the Kool-aid is it has no nutritional value pretty much.
                0 calories/carbs/protein/sugar
                Just a hint of sodium.

Now I can enjoy my GFH PWO without the need of a gallon of cold water to dilute it
                My BodySpace

Comment

whatever you add to it on top of water, you can slowly phase out so that your mixing it with just water -- in the long run process, you should not even notice the change until your drinking it with straight water...

(same thing you should do with stimulants to prevent nasty sides from beginning or ending their use)

...or you could just mix it with water, and force yourself to drink it daily, and after a short period of this you should be perfectly fine with it (theory of habituation --- similiar to how when you step outside and they just threw fertilizer/cow shit all over a field, it bothers you at first, within 5minutes you cant even notice the horrible smell anymore)

I had a free tub of GNC vanilla protein many a year ago -- from a friend that hated it. I personally hated it too, but i force drank it each day on the drive to the gym...and by the end of the tub I was able to drink it before I was even half way there, when originally I would be struggling with it all the way into the locker room as i got ready to workout.

Comment

I have originally have been using JUST water!
                    Ice Cold Water in fact.
                    Taste is just not for me ... why I decided to add a little bit of Kool-aid into it and find it makes it more palatable.
                    I think I have been using Water for a couple weeks now with GFH.

I have had to force myself to drink stuff not so great before and got used ot it.
                    I have experienced eating some VERY "Tasty" treats in my time and did get used to some of it.
                    Does that mean I should?

Don't feel like doing it this time around. Why should I?

Just hoping that CL would make a different and better tasting flavor sometime ... soon

Did I forget to mention I started drinking GFH with at least 24oz cold water?
                    My BodySpace

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X