just ordered green mag and green bulge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered green mag and green bulge

after talking with a dr, he said the green mag could interfere with something else im taking...and recommended cutting it to a half serving.

i ordered the green bulge to compliment it and figure i'll do the half serving of green mag before workout, green bulge afterwards.

using them both, do i take them both every day? or just the green mag every day?

thanks in advance
    - Josh

REDuction
    Green Bulge
    Green MAG

ON Whey
    GNC Mega Men Sport
    B-Complex
    Fish Oil
    Glucosamine / Chondroitin

did he said what it was in the green mag specifically.... ?

you could do half green mag pre workout and half a serving green bulge postworkout (or the opposite)

Comment

did he said what it was in the green mag specifically.... ?

Probably the Tyrosine. I'm guessing he's taking something with Yohimbe in it.

Comment

he warned of high amounts of anything with the L- in front of it. keep it to a minimum as it could interact with the effexor. said the amount in a half serving would be nothing to worry about.

so half and half you guys think? half and a full be too much, or a waste?
        - Josh

REDuction
        Green Bulge
        Green MAG

ON Whey
        GNC Mega Men Sport
        B-Complex
        Fish Oil

Comment

Originally posted by fakeeyed
          he warned of high amounts of anything with the L- in front of it. keep it to a minimum as it could interact with the effexor. said the amount in a half serving would be nothing to worry about.

so half and half you guys think? half and a full be too much, or a waste?
          that sounds odd, I would ask another doctor, amino acids all start with L-
          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole
          Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
          Green Bulge
          White Blood 2
          Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
          Blue Up
          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
          GlycerGrow (Elements line)
          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
          Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

effexor is a norepinephrine uptake inhibitor. for example, L-tyrosene is a norepinephrine booster. he said to really watch the l-tyrosene and l-taurine.

i dunno. i'll do some more research tonight and contact another doctor if i'm still too confused.
            - Josh

REDuction
            Green Bulge
            Green MAG

ON Whey
            GNC Mega Men Sport
            B-Complex
            Fish Oil

Comment

I just graduated from LPN School this May and about to take my licensing exam in a week.
              Also going to start my RN School this January (allowed to skip 1st semester due to graduating as LPN).

I am actually looking at the Springhouse Nurses Drug Guide 2008.
              Also, I think I showed ya a link about Effexor before here: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/effexor.html

Says in there what you should avoid:
              Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Effexor . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:

* Certain diet medicines (eg, phentermine, fenfluramine), linezolid, lithium, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), methylene blue, metoclopramine, nefazodone, rasagiline, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) (eg, duloxetine), serotonin 5-HT1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sibutramine,St. John's wort, tramadol, trazodone, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), or tryptophan because severe side effects, such as a reaction that may include fever, rigid muscles, blood pressure changes, mental changes, confusion, irritability, agitation, delirium, and coma, may occur
              * Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of bleeding, including stomach bleeding, may be increased
              * Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium levels may be increased
              * Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole) or cimetidine because they may increase the risk of Effexor 's side effects
              * Cyproheptadine because it may decrease Effexor 's effectiveness
              * Aripiprazole, haloperidol, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), or risperidone because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Effexor

This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Effexor may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
              Also attached is Effexor from my drug book.
              Hope that helps.

Also, Some of the foods that contain tyrosine include cheese, milk, sour cream, beer, wine, distilled liquor, chicken, beef, liver, fish, processed meats (bologna, hot dogs, pepperoni, hard sausages), meat tenderizer, herring or other dried fish, avocados, bananas, carrots, potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, soy sauce, spinach, tomatoes, bean curd, raisins, red plums, garbanzo beans, soy beans, and almonds.

Couple things specificly highlighted for me is to NOT take Effexor with St. John's Wort or Yohimbe!
              This is due to increasing the effects of Effexor!

Addendum:
              After reading some more, I think your Doc is more looking towards tyrosine for due to its effects on moods.

Some info on Tyrosine:
              http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/tyrosine-000329.htm
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosine
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kilim; 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM.
              My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

Originally posted by Kilim
                I just graduated from LPN School this May and about to take my licensing exam in a week.
                Also going to start my RN School this January (allowed to skip 1st semester due to graduating as LPN).

I am actually looking at the Springhouse Nurses Drug Guide 2008.
                Also, I think I showed ya a link about Effexor before here: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/effexor.html

Says in there what you should avoid:

Also attached is Effexor from my drug book.
                Hope that helps.

Also, Some of the foods that contain tyrosine include cheese, milk, sour cream, beer, wine, distilled liquor, chicken, beef, liver, fish, processed meats (bologna, hot dogs, pepperoni, hard sausages), meat tenderizer, herring or other dried fish, avocados, bananas, carrots, potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, soy sauce, spinach, tomatoes, bean curd, raisins, red plums, garbanzo beans, soy beans, and almonds.

Couple things specificly highlighted for me is to NOT take Effexor with St. John's Wort or Yohimbe!
                This is due to increasing the effects of Effexor!

Addendum:
                After reading some more, I think your Doc is more looking towards tyrosine for due to its effects on moods.

Some info on Tyrosine:
                http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/tyrosine-000329.htm
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosine
                great info man...i definitely appreciate it. and thats it...i have to watch when i drink. there isnt usually a large enough amount in food to really be concerned about. he said its ok in small doses, just not to overdo it.
                - Josh

REDuction
                Green Bulge
                Green MAG

ON Whey
                GNC Mega Men Sport
                B-Complex
                Fish Oil

Comment

Originally posted by fakeeyed
                  great info man...i definitely appreciate it. and thats it...i have to watch when i drink. there isnt usually a large enough amount in food to really be concerned about. he said its ok in small doses, just not to overdo it.
                  NP.

Not Sure exactly why you are taking Effexor for and what your dosage is, I tend to have given it to people with depression or anxiety disorders.
                  I am guessing that is what you are using 'em for.

There is actually some testing on how Tyrosine is used to help certain mood disorders (ie: depression) as can be seen in one of those links I presented above.

Now this is just my personal opinion below:

Even though I am going into the Health Field and becoming a Nurse, I REALLY do not like drugs.
                  Many times a Doctor would prescribe meds on what have been sold/promoted to them.
                  A good Doctor is pretty much someone that is knowledgeable and very good at Guessing.
                  yes, They have to Guess what the problem is via gathering data and putting it together.
                  That is what the whole health field is, gathering data to figure out what the problem is.
                  A nurse is there to be your Patient Advocate.
                  A good nurse is there to make sure what the Doctor is doing is good for the patient.
                  Doctor sees you for maybe a few minutes in a day at the hospital, a "Good" nurse sees you throughout the day and double checks everything to be sure all is in order and no contraindications are there!

Sometimes some drugs are given and later on they find out its not good for you. (How many drugs has been declared not good this couple years alone after being used for only 5 years or less?!?! ie: Vioxx)

Ok thats my rant for the day.
                  My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Comment

western medicine is built upon medicial treatment, rather than preventation .

as you stated, the multi-billion dollar insutries are more of a business with advocating/prescribing drugs than providing true treatment/cures.. (care about revenue, not the people)

and our society is based upon immediate gratification -- people want results/effects right away, not in 2,5,10 years.. (check smoking rate etc) so we prescribing drugs that are supposded to be an immediate cure

IMO implementing exercise and a healthy nutrition plan should preced medication in almost every situation requiring mental health; especially depression and anxiety.

I might have info. laying around on the drug interaction discussed above -- I recall learning of it in my psychopharmacology class last year, if I get time while I am home today Ill try to find the notebook/texts and skim through em..

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      western medicine is built upon medicial treatment, rather than preventation .

as you stated, the multi-billion dollar insutries are more of a business with advocating/prescribing drugs than providing true treatment/cures.. (care about revenue, not the people)

and our society is based upon immediate gratification -- people want results/effects right away, not in 2,5,10 years.. (check smoking rate etc) so we prescribing drugs that are supposded to be an immediate cure

IMO implementing exercise and a healthy nutrition plan should preced medication in almost every situation requiring mental health; especially depression and anxiety.

I might have info. laying around on the drug interaction discussed above -- I recall learning of it in my psychopharmacology class last year, if I get time while I am home today Ill try to find the notebook/texts and skim through em..
                      Agreed!
                      EVERYTHING in life you have to view like a Cancer!
                      1st work on Preventing the problem.
                      And if the problem does surface, stop it then not later due to it getting worst if not taken cared of properly in the 1st place.

I consider that for everything in life.

But ya, I agree with ya
                      Last edited by Kilim; 06-29-2008, 10:53 AM.
                      My BodySpace

Comment

I dont believe the average person -- nor those in medical practice even -- have the knowledge or understanding of how diet and exercise effect the human body holistically.

I am pretty sure of that, or america wouldn't be near 60% overweight, with coronary aretry disease being as prevelant as it is, and such...

and to top it off, the % of americans that smoke and binge drink is rediculous!!! (I believe caffeine addiction is the next big thing in that regards as well..)

Comment

Mighty solid posts, Kilim! Thanks for taht knowledge

Comment

Working...
                          X