Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Sample Review Of GFH And GreenMag

GreenMag
    First of let me say after trying normal mono and six star creatine i swore of any creatine supplement because of taste, bloat, and burning throat. But i wanted to try Cl's Purple Wrath and through their awesome free sample promo i got try that and more so i gave the GreenMag a try as much as i didn't want to try creatine again so here it goes, btw just to let you know i usually take No-Xplode for preworkout but since i wanted to asses myself with Greenmag i diidnt take it today 30 minutes before the gym.

Mix ability: 9.5/10
    Smell: 10/10
    Taste: 9.5/10
    Effectiveness 9/10
    Overall: 9.5/10

Mix ability: Mixes to almost nothing and doesn't have the annoying foam i got from six star or bsn, the reason its not a full 10 because i noticed at the bottom some white powder forms its not bad you can down it with more water.

Smell:Oh man was i ever under the wrong impression before opening this, the label said sour green apple so i was expecting a nasty smell but was i wrong it reminded me of fresh green apple juice and it was complete opposite form what i thought.

Taste: Again surprised that it didn't taste as sour as i thought it would actually kinda on the sweet side and very refreshing imo i mixed it with 6oz of water and tasted great didn't feel watered down at all.

Effectivness: I actually found that it was very good for my endurance in the gym compared to my bsn no-xplode, and it didnt give me a crappy stomach feeling i get some times with my no-xplode however the only down side i saw with this is that i lacked a bit of focus but that's a given since this is stimulent free i think which great for those people who dont like stims.

Overall great product from smell to mix ability all the way to the taste and its effects i personally love it and will buy my first tub!, id never thought id get into creatine again but thanks to this i will now.

Now For The GFH

I usually just stick with good old Muscle Milk but again since its a sample gave it a try.

Mix ability:9/10
    Smell:7/10
    Taste:7/10
    Overall:8.5/10

Mix Ability for this product is very good compared to stuff ive bought before such as six star whey, eas 100% whey, 20 secs in my shaker bottler with 6oz of water and bam its done. The only reason i give it a 9/10 because it got really foamy on the top and i don't like it when its foamy for a pwo shake.

Smell: Well to be honest the idea of tropical sounded kinda weird to me so wasn't expecting a horrendous or amazing smell it was bearable but nothing to great to smell either, maybe because it was a sample size and more concentrated???.

Taste: Well again taste was ok and im not really big on the fruity flavors for a pwo shake so it was ok im more of the stereotypical chocolate flavor guy, i managed to down it fine no gag reflex here but im not a big fan of the flavor.

Overall: Definetaly a good product for those who like fruity flavors and mix abilty is good too except for foam other then that no complains and it has a very good ingredient profile.

I prefer the Lemonade GreenMag vs the Sour Apple.
    Lemonade GreenMag is like candy

I have the GFH Sample, but I am just gonna have to wait until wednesday after my workout to see how it tastes.
    Cuz I am getting my shipment tomorrow
    My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

Thanks for the review, dude.

Comment

thanks for the review, the other products of ours are just as awesome
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kilim
          I prefer the Lemonade GreenMag vs the Sour Apple.
          Lemonade GreenMag is like candy

I have the GFH Sample, but I am just gonna have to wait until wednesday after my workout to see how it tastes.
          Cuz I am getting my shipment tomorrow
          Hmm i wouldn't be surprised since i thought the apple was gonna be sour as hell now if WF tastes anything like Greenmag but lemon flavor then im down, but i hear most people dont like the flavor but if its bearable then im in cuz i hear the results are good.

Comment

Originally posted by snub115
            Hmm i wouldn't be surprised since i thought the apple was gonna be sour as hell now if WF tastes anything like Greenmag but lemon flavor then im down, but i hear most people dont like the flavor but if its bearable then im in cuz i hear the results are good.
            Why I just mix my WF + GM and then just chhug it pre-workout.
            If and when they make WF taste close to GM or even PW, that would be heaven

FYI:
            I just got my Tub of GFH and can't wait to try it out tomorrow post-workout!
            My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Comment

Why I just mix my WF + GM and then just chhug it pre-workout.
              If and when they make WF taste close to GM or even PW, that would be heaven

FYI:
              I just got my Tub of GFH and can't wait to try it out tomorrow post-workout!
              Ah i see still working on that WF taste but thats cool be sure to let me know how GFH went for you, and yea i cant wait to try out the PW sample tomorrow.

Comment

So I just had a serving of GFH Post-workout.
                Put it in my blender/shaker bottle in 20oz water and ice.

Initial taste:
                OMG I almost puked!
                Did not like the taste at all, does it even have a hint of peach? I HATE Peach!

Taste a few minutes later as ice melted:
                Ok, I guess it is better to make sure the water is Ice Cold and not ice + water.
                Definitely a lil better diluted but still not the best taste.
                I guess it can grow on you.

Last few sips;
                I guess it is growing on me already.
                Definitely best diluted as I don't enjoy the its tropical taste very much, but better than WF taste!
                Need to find something to mix it with to make it more palatable for me.

Effects:
                NOT sure if its because I did not do my 10min warmup today pre-workout (I rode my bicycle ~5 miles which is like a 15minute leisurely ride) to the other NYSC Gym today.
                Also did 1 extra scoop of GG but NO WF today.
                But I did do my whole sets and my 20min cooldown walk.
                After I drank GFH, I feel, good.
                As if I didn't even workout today.
                Feel great!
                The DOMS I was getting from my workout last monday seems to subside a bit as well!

Conclusion:
                Just an initial summary, will make a more detailed summary after a few weeks of using this product.
                I do have a tub to finish lol.
                My BodySpace

Comment

So I just had a serving of GFH Post-workout.
                  Put it in my blender/shaker bottle in 20oz water and ice.

Initial taste:
                  OMG I almost puked!
                  Did not like the taste at all, does it even have a hint of peach? I HATE Peach!

Taste a few minutes later as ice melted:
                  Ok, I guess it is better to make sure the water is Ice Cold and not ice + water.
                  Definitely a lil better diluted but still not the best taste.
                  I guess it can grow on you.

Last few sips;
                  I guess it is growing on me already.
                  Definitely best diluted as I don't enjoy the its tropical taste very much, but better than WF taste!
                  Need to find something to mix it with to make it more palatable for me.

Effects:
                  NOT sure if its because I did not do my 10min warmup today pre-workout (I rode my bicycle ~5 miles which is like a 15minute leisurely ride) to the other NYSC Gym today.
                  Also did 1 extra scoop of GG but NO WF today.
                  But I did do my whole sets and my 20min cooldown walk.
                  After I drank GFH, I feel, good.
                  As if I didn't even workout today.
                  Feel great!
                  The DOMS I was getting from my workout last monday seems to subside a bit as well!

Conclusion:
                  Just an initial summary, will make a more detailed summary after a few weeks of using this product.
                  I do have a tub to finish lol.
                  Yea it was the taste for my as well but again it's profile is up there with traditional wheys and your right it would probably grow on you if you had a tub or something, but good stuff keep posting or do a log.

Comment

Originally posted by snub115
                    Yea it was the taste for my as well but again it's profile is up there with traditional wheys and your right it would probably grow on you if you had a tub or something, but good stuff keep posting or do a log.
                    I actually have a Log started
                    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108731781
                    My BodySpace

Comment

Thanks for the great review

Comment

Working...
                      X