Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SesaGlow Log

Default SesaGlow Log

Thanks to Controlled Labs for selecting me to test their sesamin product SesaGlow.

I recieved my bottle of SesaGlow yesterday evening, I started today and will take the SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, and 7.

Current Diet - Scivation Cut Diet 3000: Normal Day - ~3010 cals: 315g protein, 130g fat, 145g carbs. Refeed day - ~3625 cals: drop ~50 grams protein add ~200 grams carbs. Refeed every 3rd day.

Weigh in: 221 15.5%BF, using BF scale, I know insert complaint about accuracy, however, I use it the same time each day and average out the reading over a weeks time so it is a good guide for tracking progress. Getting calipers in a week and will measure using those as soon as they arrive.
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-25-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Good luck with you SesaGLOW log, how are you liking the Cut Diet thus far? I ordered and read the book, it looks like it is based on some pretty solid principles.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Will be interested on how this diet comes out. Good luck.

Took SesaGlow as planned with meals 1, 4, & 7. Not much else to report. This is my last week on a split, will go back to full body next week, noticed a typo on my app I switch every 6 weeks not 7 .

Other Supps: Multi, Fish & Flax oil, glucosamine, creatine/R4W pre-workout, Ice during workout this will be switched to Xtend as soon as my supply of Ice runs out, several servings of whey as per cut diet.

Chest/Biceps 4 sets 8 reps

Incline DB - 65s
    CB Curl, narrow - 55
    Dips - -70
    Concentration Curls - 25
    DB Bench - 55
    Alt. Hammer Curls - 25s
    Low Pulley Crossover - 80
    HS Curls - 40

45 mins. heavy bag, 15 mins. core work.

Shoulder is again buggin the crap outta me. Sleep is becoming a problem again will take some melatonin tonight, I had stopped using it a while back and had been sleeping well but the last few nights have been pretty restless.

Question for PU would there be an issue with adding CissusRX to my supp. regimen?

SCT I'm liking the diet quite a bit, at first the volume of food was a bit much and took a bit of getting used to. My cut is becoming more of a recomp though as my weight has actually gone up since I started the diet, although I attribute most of that to water retention due to my extremely low carb intake prior to starting this diet, even on non refeed days my carb intake is 5 times what I was consuming on a keto style diet.
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-25-2006 at 10:27 PM.

helloo! Good luck with your recomp!
    This scivation diet sure sounds promising!

Despite my original statement to the contrary about pics, I have got a hold of a digicam so Pics. Despite my very large weight loss not much loose skin, there is a bit on pecs and abdomen and a little on arms, but all in all not so bad all things considered.

Old ass pic not very good its from an old newspaper, closest to my biggest size.

Me with old shirt, I actually used to fill this thing out

You will have to excuse my rather lame attempt at posing for the following.
    Front, I blinked.

Back

Quad

Calf

Looking at the pics I'd say I'm closer to 17-18%, wonder if calipers will agree with my scale or my visual guess.

That is fricking amazing, awesome transformation. Keep it up man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddawg91
    That is fricking amazing, awesome transformation. Keep it up man!!!
    ^^^ To that bro, you've redefined transformation right there.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Refeed day, took SesaGlow as planned with meals 1, 4, & 7, used minimal water to down it during meal 7 as there is not supposed to be any water during the refeed meal.

Workout

Back 4 sets 16 reps

Deads - 140
    Chins, pronated - -100
    BB Row, pronated - 75
    Pulldowns, pronated - 80
    One Arm DB Row - 50
    Seated Cable, wide - 80
    Hypers - 15

1 mile run

Thanks for the props.

Holy ****... awesome

Getting more sleep, however, I was kind of dragging most of the day. Diet still in check took SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, & 7, surprisingly I haven't felt like having a cheat meal at all since starting it, normally after being on diet for a few weeks I'd be tempted but not so with this one.

Workout

Shoulder felt pretty good today through the workout, strength is still not where I'd like it to be, but it is slowly coming back.

Shoulders/Triceps 4 sets 4 reps

Seated DB Press - 60s
    One Arm Tri pressdown - 45
    Bent Laterals - 50s
    Tri Pressback - 50
    DB Lateral Raise - 22.5s
    Lying Tri extension - 95
    CG BB Shrugs - 315

45 mins heavy bag, 15 mins core.
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-27-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pena
    Refeed day, took SesaGlow as planned with meals 1, 4, & 7, used minimal water to down it during meal 7 as there is not supposed to be any water during the refeed meal.
    how come?

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe
    how come?
    Some people take minimal water during refeeds/carbups to avoid any water retention. I personally drink normal and deal with a small bloat for the next day which goes away usually after that.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Getting a good amount of sleep now although I think it might be too much it takes me quite a while to get going in the morning.

All meals eaten as planned took SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, & 7.

Workout

Legs 4 sets 8 reps

Decided to replace the donkey calf with standing raises, doing them free weight was much harder than doing them on the smith but I liked it so I'm keeping them for future workouts.

Also used a BB instead of DB's for the walking lunges, just for the day though will go back to DB's for future workouts.

Squat - 155
    Romanian Deads - 160
    Standing BB Calf Raise - 315
    BB Walking Lunges - 70
    Single Leg Extension - 80
    Single Leg Curl - 70

12 sprints.

To AB and SCT.

The reason given in the book is to avoid water retention, which normally I don't really care about all that much.

Truthfully though real reason is first refeed I did on the diet I drank as normal, and halfway through the meal I didn't want to eat anymore. Its simply a large volume of food and adding water just made it feel that much worse. Afterwards my stomach felt so cramped it wasn't even funny. I still feel stuffed after the meal, and don't really want any more water in there than necessary .

Well decided to go to the movies then go bar hopping, no drinking, last night so didn't get home till this morning so this is yesterday's update . Yesterday was the last day of my split training full body begins again tommorrow. Today is an off day, although I may go do some light cardio or play some ball.

Yesterday, refeed day, took SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, & 7, plan the same for today.

Yesterday's Workout

Chest/Biceps 4 sets 16 reps

Incline BB - 115
    CB curls, wide - 35
    BB Bench - 95
    Alt. DB Curls - 22.5s
    Decline BB - 105
    Rev. CB Curls - 25
    DB Pullovers - 45
    High Pulley Curls - 80

45 mins. heavy bag, 15mins core.

May drop the core work after the bag during full body haven't made up my mind yet.

Weigh in - 219.5 - down 2.5lbs
    BF scale - 15.6% - up .1%, gahhh
    3 site skinfold with AccuMeasure caliper - 13.9%, this seems too low to me, did it on myself and I need to practice some more before I'm confident in the readings, my sister-in-law is going to do the 7 site test on me tommorrow so I'll see what that says.

Diet still great took SesaGlow at meals 1, 4, & 7.

Workout

Full Body is back , had a great workout. I started to notice that as the weight on squats went up my depth wasn't where I'd like it to be so I'm going to park the ego and go lighter until I get the depth where I'd like it before I start increasing weight. I am also going to go narrow on leg presses for a while as I always squat wide, so my weight on that will be going way down.

I will be lifting M-F, Sat. cardio only, Sunday - complete rest.

I'm also considering replacing either the Standing BB Presses or Seated DB Presses with BB hang clean and presses.

Well I was reminded why I had cut down the running, shin splints are back with a vengeance , I'll be using the elliptical for my intervals this week, and I'll see how my shins feel next week.

4 sets 4 reps

Squat - 225
    BB Row, supinated - 170
    Low Pulley Crossover - 140
    Standing Tri DB extension - 95
    DB Lateral Raise - 25s
    MTS HS Crunch - 85

20 mins. 1 min. intervals on elliptical.

Good day today, appetite was good, diet went well although my little salmon & tuna chile relleno experiment didn't go so well, I ate it all anyways .

Refeed day, took SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, & 7, wasn't able to do the 7 site skinfold test today will try and do it tommorrow.

Feeling a bit lethargic during the day, I may need to up my water yet again.

Workout

4 sets 8 reps

Deads - 245
    Incline BB - 170
    Split Squat - 100
    Standing BB Calf Raise - 315
    Single Leg extension - 85
    CB Curl, wide - 55

45 mins. heavy bag work.
    Last edited by El Pena; 08-01-2006 at 10:44 PM.

Took SesaGlow with meal 1, will take other doses with meals 4 & 7. Feeling pretty good, trying to get in more water today so I'll see how that goes.

Workout

Going to a concert tonight so I went to workout in the AM today.

4 sets 16 reps

Front Squat - 75
    One Arm DB Row - 55
    Dips - -85
    Clean & Press - 45, teh ego was badly bruised by this , I struggled to finish the reps on the last set.
    One Arm Tri Pressdown - 25
    Rope Crunches - 30

15 HIIT on elliptical, I got looks from the morning crowd while I did it .

Workouts are looking pretty good, keep up the great work man!

Appetite is back full force , all meals went great, took SesaGlow with meals 1, 4, & 7.

Water is up to 2.5 gallons, hopefully this will help out my hydration issues, I'm not sure I can really get in more than that.

Workout

Shoulder felt good today, didn't have any problems on the bench which actually surprised me.

4 sets 4 reps

Chins - BW, last rep on last set was kind of ugly
    BB Bench - 160
    Walking Lunges - 50s (8 reps)
    Single Leg Curls - 85
    Single Leg LF calf ext. - 155
    CB Curl, narrow - 80

40 mins. heavy bag work. The instructor for the "full contact" class apparently took it upon himself to put a chain and lock on the bags because people were leaving them up, according to the manager the instructor was the only one with a key. So having a bit of experience with heavy bag chains, I popped a link out and got a bag out. Made me waste 5 mins, although I got a good forearm workout .

They sent one of the other instructors up there to check up on me I suppose, and he asked me to be sure and put the bag back in the closet when I finished, I did him one better and told him I'd pop the chain back the way it was and leave it locked up, so I did .

Thread Information