for people who enjoy oats in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for people who enjoy oats in the morning

for the past week i have been eating probably one of my favorite breakfasts EVER. i got it from mens health, and its one of their ABS diet powerfoods.

power breakfast

1 egg
    1 c low fat milk (i found adding this much makes it like soup. for thicker consistency, add less)

3/4 oatmeal

1/2 mixed berries

1 tbsp chopped pecans/almonds

1 tsp vanilla whey-protein powder
    1 tsp flax seed
    1/2 banana, sliced
    1 tbsp plain yogurt

mix the egg, and first 6 in a bowl. stir well and then nuke it for 2 minutes. after, let the bowl cool, then top with yogurt and banana

seriously, its really good. sounded sick at first, but i tried it and now im hooked.

Per serving: 590 calories, 30 g protein, 80 g carbs, 17g fat, 12 g fiber, 193 mg sodium

on a side note, i found just adding the egg to the oatmeal and topping with yogurt is really good as well. you can adjust the amount of macros to your liking. if you want more protein, add more powder. simple

Damn... that's fancy

Comment

yea its fancy, but damn is it good.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
        yea its fancy, but damn is it good.
        I tried something similar just adding chocolate whey and BSL vanilla flavoring, it was like chocolate swirl oats.. VERY tasty.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

I usually toss in some PB and applesauce into my oats - most certainly doesn't taste as good as this recipe but its extremely simple and another option.

Comment

only had a few of the ingredients, but still tasted good ....

1 whole egg mixed in 1c skim milk
            add 1c oats and microwave for 2min
            add 1tbsp yogurt and 1 sliced banana
            top off with 1tbsp cinnamon

jeez I feel full .... and already at 1600+ calories at 9:00am

jdouchebag for president

Comment

add some whey powder in there. i add dymatize elite whey butter cream toffee and it tastes amazing.

Comment

I'll try that tomorrow with some of the ON Whey that I have
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Do you use instant oats? I don’t have any flax seed but I think I can make due.

I’m a little afraid to try this, but I can’t live a life of fear! It’s just the whole egg, oats and yogurt that really seems strange. I’ll let you know how it goes, mate.

Comment

dont knock it till u try it. make sure u add some whey to it too. prolly not chocolate based, it should be vanilla, but hey, try anything.

it really doesnt take sick at all. i could just have some oats mixed with egg, a little salt, and some smart balance buttery spread. that good too. remember to add a little water to the oats too.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                      dont knock it till u try it. make sure u add some whey to it too. prolly not chocolate based, it should be vanilla, but hey, try anything.

it really doesnt take sick at all. i could just have some oats mixed with egg, a little salt, and some smart balance buttery spread. that good too. remember to add a little water to the oats too.
                      I ran out of all of my vanilla protein products.. and baby jesus cried..
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

Every time you have chocolate whey, god kills another kitten.

Yeah, yeah, wasn’t knocking this. It sounds strangely intriguing…. I’m gonna try it asap, so I’ll let ya know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                          Every time you have chocolate whey, god kills another kitten.

Yeah, yeah, wasn’t knocking this. It sounds strangely intriguing…. I’m gonna try it asap, so I’ll let ya know how it goes.
                          Then I've killed about 20lbs of kittens thus far, plus the remaining 5lbs I have..

Stonecold, the kitten popluation patrol
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

i had it with chocolote whey this morning and it tasted fine .... consistency was much different than w/out having the whey in it, but taste was still good
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

I just grind up my oats with my protein and drink it for breakfast...1000 calorie breakfast, its good stuff. Only then when i take GlycerGrow... it has the side effects of a liquid diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X