PW questions on pre/post workout intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW questions on pre/post workout intake

I've read alot here and learned a great deal already, but I still have a few questions...

workout M-W-F around 5:30 pm...each session is about 30-40 minutes long

currently on workout days I have a PreWO shake consisting of 1 scoop whey iso, one scoop Xtend and one scoop waxy maize. PostWO consists of one scoop Xtend and one scoop waxy maize (protien is later).

I'm very anxious to try PW, I've heard great things about it...and also because it has BA in it. (plus I'm a big fan of Blue Up and CL in general!)

So PW is best pre and intra...my workouts are short so intra wouldn't work well...so PW would be then be PreWO (1-2 scoops). I read it was a good idea to split the aminos both pre and post, but with the PW, all would be pre...is this as beneficial as splitting? I'd still have the waxy maize post.

in regards to the Beta Alanine, I've heard it's best to take this several times per day, every day...with the PW, I would only get this one time per day, 3 days per week...so would it be better to also add BA by itself as an addition?

man, you'd think this was rocket science...

thanks...

Originally posted by mathey
    I've read alot here and learned a great deal already, but I still have a few questions...

workout M-W-F around 5:30 pm...each session is about 30-40 minutes long

currently on workout days I have a PreWO shake consisting of 1 scoop whey iso, one scoop Xtend and one scoop waxy maize. PostWO consists of one scoop Xtend and one scoop waxy maize (protien is later).

I'm very anxious to try PW, I've heard great things about it...and also because it has BA in it. (plus I'm a big fan of Blue Up and CL in general!)

So PW is best pre and intra...my workouts are short so intra wouldn't work well...so PW would be then be PreWO (1-2 scoops). I read it was a good idea to split the aminos both pre and post, but with the PW, all would be pre...is this as beneficial as splitting? I'd still have the waxy maize post.

in regards to the Beta Alanine, I've heard it's best to take this several times per day, every day...with the PW, I would only get this one time per day, 3 days per week...so would it be better to also add BA by itself as an addition?

man, you'd think this was rocket science...

thanks...
    PW is best pre and intra. really helps with energy/fatigue. i just put 1sc in 16oz water and start sipping on the way to the gym/during and last sip or 2 is right after wo. i also drink 16oz plain water during wo too. jmo
    Live Life/Workout Hard!!
    :mo

CL Supps In Service:
    ORANGE OXIMEGA
    WHITE FLOOD
    GREEN MAG
    PURPLE WRATH

Comment

Sounds solid and no need for additional BA / loading.... just give WRAATH up to 2 weeks to fully kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        Sounds solid and no need for additional BA / loading.... just give WRAATH up to 2 weeks to fully kick in.
        cool thanks!...

is the 2 weeks based on one scoop preWO only?

Comment

Originally posted by mathey
          cool thanks!...

is the 2 weeks based on one scoop preWO only?
          Yep, 1-2 scoops

Comment

I have been without Wraath for over a week since I delayed re-ordering. It is unpleasant and I will not delay an order again, it has become my most important (non-protien) supplement.

I think you will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by rchapman
              PW is best pre and intra. really helps with energy/fatigue. i just put 1sc in 16oz water and start sipping on the way to the gym/during and last sip or 2 is right after wo. i also drink 16oz plain water during wo too. jmo
              This is exactly what I do now with my PW.

I currently take 1 scoop of WF + 1 scoop of GM in 10-14oz water 30-45mins Pre-workout then start sipping the 1 scoop PW in 10-14oz water ~15 mins before I start lifting.
              I then refill my 20oz water bottle and just sip water throughout the workout.

I don't know if I just got stronger but I when I worked out yesterday, it seems I was able to push harder!
              My BodySpace

My Workout Journal/Log '08 ---> Kilim's REDuction: Biggest WINNER Contest log ---> Kilim's StrongLifts 5x5 Journal

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

My White Flood + GreenMag + Purple Wraath: 2 Week Use Review

Comment

I can't help but second what's already been said. Start sipping it on the way to the gym and finish it while you're there. PW is now my 2nd recommended supplement only to protein!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ls1ashley
                  I can't help but second what's already been said. Start sipping it on the way to the gym and finish it while you're there. PW is now my 2nd recommended supplement only to protein!!!!!!!!
                  Mine as well!!!

Comment

what about a multivitaman or fish oil? both are overall better than amino acids IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X