X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who in their right mind would drink 160g of carbs in a PWO shake though

Comment

resurrection

So, things are a little quiet on the forums, or at least the forums i've been looking into.

Wondered if there's anything new in the realms of carb cycling to update what is already mentioned in this thread? I want to employ carb cycling (or SOMETHING) to help get my BF down to a % in which my belly fat would finally give way to glorious abs. I constantly argue with a pal of mine regarding dieting down as he says I need to eat eat eat and focus on bulking up.
      I read the article http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._about_bulking
      i believe posted elsewhere around here, and one statement in there seems to indicate it'd be best to get your BF to where you kinda want it and then proceed with adding enough cals that you're gaining (without adding too much mind you) - and I think this is what I'd like to do. just still having a struggle to both maintain some resemblance of muscles while trying to get that stubborn belly fat down (its not a lot, i just think it hides my abs too much for my preference).
      The information here looks really good, but i just realized that for the last week or so, i've been messing up what was supposed to be "low carb" days, and mine were more like no carb keto days. So if you're me, and would really like to kill a little bit of that lingering belly fat hiding the abs you work hard at getting in the gym, would ya go "keto" days for a couple days, switching to carb up days on bigger days like legs/back, or chest?
      advice, links to updated carb cycling info, or just further carb cycling tips appreciated.
      thanks.
      my specs are:
      5' 7
      usually holding at around 162-165 lbs depending on if i'm eating alot or not.
      not sure of my BF, but with the fat around the mid section i'm guessing i'm still in the 13-15% zone wanting to be at <=10%
      low carb days really drain me, making me irritable and don't like them very well, but i'm just not confident that going ahead and taking those carbs in along with cardio a few times a week is gonna allow me to get that BF down, but maybe someone you more experienced can lend me assurance or tips.
      Currently i've started trying to increase cardio some by jogging 1 - 1.5 mi once or twice a week, usually in the 13-14 minutes range. I do like HIIT, and probably need to fit that in some more, my workout sessions are really tight due to work so its tough to get it in. doing a 4 day split, maybe should cut it back to 3 day split and see if i can then also do 3 cardio session alongside it (2 on off days, 1 during an "on" day)

Comment

I use carb cycling during m contest preps. I go 100 grams of carbs more on the 2 days I do legs. I do this for its obvious fat loss benefits and also because when my calories are low a heavy leg workout can be tough to get through. That is if you are doing legs the right way! Yes that was a shot at half sqautters and leg pressers, thighs to chest, ass to calves, if not dont count it as a rep.
        If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

Comment

Working...
        X