Help with Fishoils/Omegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Fishoils/Omegas

I was wondering how much Omega-3 I need @ 5'10 170lbs. I believe it's 1.5-2g, which I've been taking (split into 2 doses taken daily with OT), but I could be wrong.

Does it matter what brand the fish oil is? I didnt know if I needed a good brand to insure high-grade stuff, or is fish oil just fish oil. I ask this because I saw some dirt cheap fishoil at Walmart.

Do I need to be taking Omega-6 and Omega-9? What are 6 and 9 good for?

What brand/omega products do some of yall use?

Thanks.
    Last edited by adrian andras; 05-11-2008, 04:57 AM.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=837576

Comment

i like health from the sun fish oil bottles, i need to buy some stat since i moved into a house with a fridge

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        I was wondering how much Omega-3 I need @ 5'10 170lbs. I believe it's 1.5-2g, which I've been taking (split into 2 doses taken daily with OT), but I could be wrong.

Does it matter what brand the fish oil is? I didnt know if I needed a good brand to insure high-grade stuff, or is fish oil just fish oil. I ask this because I saw some dirt cheap fishoil at Walmart.

Do I need to be taking Omega-6 and Omega-9? What are 6 and 9 good for?

What brand/omega products do some of yall use?

Thanks.
        Personally I wouldn't take omega 6 and 9 and just stick to the 3. I think most folks already have an imbalance of omega 6 to omega 3's consumption of 25:1 whereas the ideal is somewhere between 3:1 if not 1:1.
        kane@controlledlabs.com
        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
        www.controlledlabs.com
        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
          Personally I wouldn't take omega 6 and 9 and just stick to the 3. I think most folks already have an imbalance of omega 6 to omega 3's consumption of 25:1 whereas the ideal is somewhere between 3:1 if not 1:1.
          I believe SAN Triple Strenght is all Omega 3's. Or just eat plenty of sashimi.
          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

hijack --

how many of you take fish oil supps with a meal containing carbs? There is so much debate on multiple forums about meals being only pro/fat or pro/carb and not a mix of pro/carb/fat ... would like to read some real-world experience specifically from the members of this forum
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
              hijack --

how many of you take fish oil supps with a meal containing carbs? There is so much debate on multiple forums about meals being only pro/fat or pro/carb and not a mix of pro/carb/fat ... would like to read some real-world experience specifically from the members of this forum
              If I know I am not having fish that day, I take it with breakfast. Honestly, it prob. could be debated until the cows come home but somethings are just ludacris. You need good fats in your diet and a well balanced diet is key.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
                If I know I am not having fish that day, I take it with breakfast. Honestly, it prob. could be debated until the cows come home but somethings are just ludacris. You need good fats in your diet and a well balanced diet is key.
                i agree that a well balanced diet is key and that good fats are essential ... i may not have been clear about my question ... when you take it with breakfast are you also consuming carbs with that meal? currently I take 2 pills twice a day ... with my mid-morning and mid-afternoon meals containing only protein and fats
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

i agree that a well balanced diet is key and that good fats are essential ... i may not have been clear about my question ... when you take it with breakfast are you also consuming carbs with that meal? currently I take 2 pills twice a day ... with my mid-morning and mid-afternoon meals containing only protein and fats
                  Sometimes I do and do not. If I do it is usually low carb. ie 2 pieces toast, 1cup oats. Either way I still take my fish oil cap.

Comment

hijack --

I take 2 in the morning with toast. I think the amount of fat especially if you split the dose is significant enough to worry about.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
                      I believe SAN Triple Strenght is all Omega 3's. Or just eat plenty of sashimi.
                      This man is a genius. Gonna implement this tommorow.
                      kane@controlledlabs.com
                      www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Working...
                      X