Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: Mos Jeff's Bulking with Black HOLE Log

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    2163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    Also, pt or tank, I know you guys recommend starting at one pill, however, I have seriously been considering starting with the full dose of 3 pills, in order to get a full 30 days at the normal dose? do you see this being a problem?

    Finally, my starting measurements should be posted tomorrow night.
    The initial dosing is just for day #1

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    The initial dosing is just for day #1

    I understand that -- I meant that if I were to just take one dose on day #1, I will have an odd # of pills left. In addition, from the people who have already starting take BH, all seem to feel little to no effects from just one pill.

    Also, any input on my weekly calorie increases?
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-23-2006 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Stats

    Neck: 16
    Chest: 39
    Bicep (Relaxed): 14.5
    Bicep (Flexed): 17
    Forearm: 12
    Waist: 34
    Thighs: 22
    Quads: 20
    Calves: 15.5
    *BF: 17%

    *This is according to http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html
    I will be getting this done using a caliper within the next couple of days to compare, since a couple other sites list me at 14%.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-23-2006 at 02:19 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Monday, July 24

    Day 1

    Diet

    Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread / 8 oz glass of milk
    Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 7 (1 Black Hole 30-40 min pre): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken cutlets / 2 cups broccoli cuts
    Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

    Total Calories: 4159
    Protein: 394 (39%)
    Carbs: 400 (36 %)
    Fat: 111 (25%)

    Supplement Schedule

    Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 min pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 1 pill 30-40 minutes before dinner (meal 7).

    Workout: Legs

    Leg Curl: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 125 x 8
    Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 245 x 8
    Calf Press (Leg Press Machine): 180 x 15, 230 x 15, 270 x 15, 360 x 12
    Leg Press: 450 x 28, 450 x 20, Dropset 450 x 15 / 360 x 10

    Notes

    Pretty good day today. The eating went smoothly and I had a real good workout, until the very end, in which I started to get a splitting headache and had to cut my dropset on the leg press short. I also intended on doing some leg extensions, but had to stop. This was seriously the worst headache I have ever experienced, and I have no idea what could have caused it so suddenly.

    Took the initial dose (1 pill) of black hole 30-40 minutes before dinner, but did not feel any effects prior to eating. However, I did notice that I really didn't get full at all, and managed to finish my meal EASILY. Usually I struggle to finish everything on my plate, and end up feeling so full to the point where I feel like throwing up. I am defnitely looking forward to the full dose tomorrow, especially since I will be trying it with breakfast. I am also pretty pleased with the fact that I was able to get 4100 calories with basically no help from the Black Hole. Assuming Black Hole works, I am very optimistic for my increasing calories.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-24-2006 at 10:27 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    any input so far? is anyone even checking this??

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    21,471
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    Day 1

    Diet

    Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread / 8 oz glass of milk
    Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 7 (1 Black Hole 30-40 min pre): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken cutlets / 2 cups broccoli cuts
    Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

    Total Calories: 4159
    Protein: 394 (39%)
    Carbs: 400 (36 %)
    Fat: 111 (25%)

    Supplement Schedule

    Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 min pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 1 pill 30-40 minutes before dinner (meal 7).

    Workout: Legs

    Leg Curl: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 125 x 8
    Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 245 x 8
    Calf Press (Leg Press Machine): 180 x 15, 230 x 15, 270 x 15, 360 x 12
    Leg Press: 450 x 28, 450 x 20, Dropset 450 x 15 / 360 x 10

    Notes

    Pretty good day today. The eating went smoothly and I had a real good workout, until the very end, in which I started to get a splitting headache and had to cut my dropset on the leg press short. I also intended on doing some leg extensions, but had to stop. This was seriously the worst headache I have ever experienced, and I have no idea what could have caused it so suddenly.

    Took the initial dose (1 pill) of black hole 30-40 minutes before dinner, but did not feel any effects prior to eating. However, I did notice that I really didn't get full at all, and managed to finish my meal EASILY. Usually I struggle to finish everything on my plate, and end up feeling so full to the point where I feel like throwing up. I am defnitely looking forward to the full dose tomorrow, especially since I will be trying it with breakfast. I am also pretty pleased with the fact that I was able to get 4100 calories with basically no help from the Black Hole. Assuming Black Hole works, I am very optimistic for my increasing calories.
    looking good so far.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

    Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

    Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Tuesday, July 25

    Day 2

    Diet

    Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later (3 Black Hole): 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread
    Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 6: 2 oz. whole wheat pasta w/ meat sauce (9 oz. lean beef)
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk

    Total Calories: 4176
    Protein: 358 (36%)
    Carbs: 438 (39%)
    Fat: 111 (25%)

    Supplement Schedule

    Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 min pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills 30-40 minutes before breakfast (meal 1).

    Workout: Chest

    BB Flat Bench Press: 135 x 15, 165 x 10, 185 x 10, 205 x 8
    DB Incline Bench Press: 65 x 10, 75 x 10, 80 x 10, 85 x 6
    Cable Flys: 70 x 10, 75 x 8, 75 x 8, 80 x 8
    Incline DB Flys: 25 x 12, 30 x 10, 35 x 8

    Notes

    I Took my first full dose of Black Hole today, before my first meal of the day. Unfortunately I felt absolutely no effects at all, which is strange considering just one pill helped me finish my dinner easier last night. Obviously I'm gonna have to experiment with taking it at different times, and figuring out which time works best, so tomorrow I will try the full dose before dinner to see if it's possible that I just respond to it better at night.

    My workout did not go too well. As I hop on the bench to do my warm up set, that unbearable headache returned. I'm starting to think that I may have popped a blood vessel or something in my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It doesn't feel like a normal headache -- instead it feels like something is crusihng your head from both sides. So, unfortunately this greatly effected the rest of my workout. After the initial pain in my head, it turned into a normal migraine so I managed to suck it up and work through it, but I do feel like I could have gone a little heavier on some of my lifts. I think I will switch days and make my off day tomorrow instead of Thursday. Sorry this is so long, end rant, til tomorrow...
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-25-2006 at 07:55 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    My workout did not go too well. As I hop on the bench to do my warm up set, that unbearable headache returned. I'm starting to think that I may have popped a blood vessel or something in my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It doesn't feel like a normal headache -- instead it feels like something is crusihng your head from both sides. So, unfortunately this greatly effected the rest of my workout. After the initial pain in my head, it turned into a normal migraine so I managed to suck it up and work through it, but I do feel like I could have gone a little heavier on some of my lifts. I think I will switch days and make my off day tomorrow instead of Thursday. Sorry this is so long, end rant, til tomorrow...
    Damn dude that sucks I don't see anything your supplementation that would bring on those kind of headaches. Have you had your blood sugar checked to ensure you aren't having any issues there? Any excess stress in life lately?

    Lol, I sound like a Dr here.. which I am NOT..

    I'll just hush now and hope you get rid of those headaches soon!

    SCT
    Back to the basics!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth
    Damn dude that sucks I don't see anything your supplementation that would bring on those kind of headaches. Have you had your blood sugar checked to ensure you aren't having any issues there? Any excess stress in life lately?

    Lol, I sound like a Dr here.. which I am NOT..

    I'll just hush now and hope you get rid of those headaches soon!

    SCT

    it's really strange bc its not like a typical headache. It seems to occur when I begin to strain, which is what makes me think it could have something to do with a blood vessel. The same exact thing happened to me a while ago, also doing leg presses, but with very heavy weight. This time the weight wasn't as heavy, but it was high volume. This is also why I don't really think it has anything to do with supplementation or stress, although I am somewhat stressed. Either way, like I mentioned in my last post, I'm taking today off and will give it a go tomorrow. If the problem continues then I will be seeing a doctor. Thanks for the input SCT, it's like a ghost town in this log. Update coming tonight...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    it's really strange bc its not like a typical headache. It seems to occur when I begin to strain, which is what makes me think it could have something to do with a blood vessel. The same exact thing happened to me a while ago, also doing leg presses, but with very heavy weight. This time the weight wasn't as heavy, but it was high volume. This is also why I don't really think it has anything to do with supplementation or stress, although I am somewhat stressed. Either way, like I mentioned in my last post, I'm taking today off and will give it a go tomorrow. If the problem continues then I will be seeing a doctor. Thanks for the input SCT, it's like a ghost town in this log. Update coming tonight...
    That is crazy bro, I wish you the best of luck with the headaches. I know I personally start getting migraines when I get too stressed out and I once had one during a heavy leg day.. that was evil

    I'll be cruising in your log constantly now so keep up the good work and don't make me lay down the

    SCT
    Back to the basics!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Wednesday, July 26

    Day 3

    Diet

    Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / 3 oz. A.I. cookies
    Meal 5: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
    Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 11.5 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 350 grams sweet potato
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter

    Total Calories: 4214
    Protein: 396 (39%)
    Carbs: 412 (36%)
    Fat: 110 (25%)

    Supplement Schedule

    Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1/2 scoop mid-day.
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 1).

    Workout: Off Day

    Notes

    Not much to report today. Went back to taking the Black Hole at dinner time, however, waited a little longer before eating -- about an hour. I still felt little to no effects. No euphoric feeling, no appetite enhancement, and I still struggled to get down the entire dinner. Hopefully this will improve as it is only the third day. Took the day off from lifting, hopefully when I give it a try tomorrow, those damn head pains won't return.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-26-2006 at 07:59 PM.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth
    That is crazy bro, I wish you the best of luck with the headaches. I know I personally start getting migraines when I get too stressed out and I once had one during a heavy leg day.. that was evil

    I'll be cruising in your log constantly now so keep up the good work and don't make me lay down the

    SCT

    hey SCT, i have a friend whos had this same type of problem while lifting, but he was also taking blue up. You think that could have anything to do with it, in his case?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    hey SCT, i have a friend whos had this same type of problem while lifting, but he was also taking blue up. You think that could have anything to do with it, in his case?
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the CL shed about Blue up, but I'll check with the other guys on this one.

    SCT
    Back to the basics!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Thursday, July 27

    Day 4

    Diet

    Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1 cup of grapes
    Meal 3 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
    Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 10 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 225 grams sweet potato / 81 grams green beans
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1.5 tablespoon natural peanut butter / 3 oz. A.I. cookies

    Total Calories: 4243
    Protein: 376 (37%)
    Carbs: 440 (39%)
    Fat: 109 (24%)

    Supplement Schedule

    Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 3-45 minutes pre-workout.
    2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout
    1 scoop Glycergrow right before lifting
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 6).

    Workout: Back/Traps

    Bent Over Row: 95 x 20, 135 x 15, 155 x 15, 175 x 15, 185 x 12
    One Arm DB Row: 65 x 15, 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 75 x 12
    V-Bar Lat Pulldown: 112.5 x 15, 125 x 10, 117.5 x 12
    SL Deadlift: 135 x 15, 185 x 12, 200 x 8, 200 x 8
    Back Extension: 90 x 15, 100 x 15, 110 x 12
    DB Shrugs: 75 x 15, 80 x 12, 50 x 20

    Notes

    My head still hurt a little bit while lifting, but it's definitely much better. Let me just say that the pumps from the glycergrow/green mag combo is ridiculous. My forearms were so pumped, I could barely grip the bar when it came time to do my SL deadlifts and DB shrugs. I Took the Black Hole about 45 minutes-1 hour before dinner. Again, I didn't get any feelings of euphoria, or appetite enhancement prior to eating. It did seem like I was able to finish my meal without feeling like I was going to burst, but I still need to give it more time before I'm sold.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-27-2006 at 07:51 PM.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    anyone have any input, or suggestions so far?

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Well these head pains have gotten unbearable -- had to stop 5 minutes into todays workout and unfortunately I have to postpone my log since I will not be able to workout for a while, until i can see a doctor. If ANYONE actually reads my log and has any idea what could be causing this PLEASE post it, thanks. I wont be taking the Black Hole or any other supplements during these days off.

    EDIT: Just did a little search online and came up with the following...

    Primary exertional headache

    You might experience an exertional headache after prolonged physical exercise, such as weightlifting, dancing, running, bowling or football. It's more likely to occur if you're exercising in hot weather or at a high altitude.

    Like the cough headache, these headaches sometimes occur as a result of increased pressure in your head, particularly if the exertion is from lifting weights. While straining to heave a weight, you may inadvertently do what's called a Valsalva maneuver, which is the term for trying to exhale while holding your breath. This act — which also can play a role in primary cough headaches — increases pressure in blood vessels in your head. Exertional headaches cause a throbbing pain that gradually builds in intensity and is felt on both sides of your head. The pain can last from five minutes to 48 hours.

    Headaches after exertion can be a benign issue, but they also can point to a serious underlying cause, such as bleeding in the brain or a separation in the lining of an artery in your brain. If you have an exertional headache, see your doctor for an evaluation, particularly if it's your first headache of this type.


    This sounds exactly like what I've had, and I think the problem is that I never gave myself a full 48 hours or so off from lifting so I keep straining it. So, I am going to take the weekend off, and try lifting Monday. If the pain returns then it's time to see a doctor.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-28-2006 at 05:56 PM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    so nobody has ever experienced anything like this, or has known anyone that has??

    cmon people, give me some feedback

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I get these whenever it's really hot outside while I'm playing golf. I like to refer to them as "heat headaches" and I have had some that were so bad that I would have to take some migraine medicine and just go to bed when I got home and sometimes I would still have it the next morning although not near as severe. I doubt it's anything serious to worry about but I think the time off would def. help you.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    WA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    466

    Default

    I have had the heat headaches but never from lifting. Even when i busted a bunch of blood vessels in my face and eyes form benching I did not get one.

    I do get headaches when I am not keeping myself hydrated enough.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warriors
    I get these whenever it's really hot outside while I'm playing golf. I like to refer to them as "heat headaches" and I have had some that were so bad that I would have to take some migraine medicine and just go to bed when I got home and sometimes I would still have it the next morning although not near as severe. I doubt it's anything serious to worry about but I think the time off would def. help you.

    yeah man, this pain is so unbearable, i have to just sit down and cant move for a couple minutes. Then the pain just continues as a mingraine. Hpefully the weekend off will help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Bodybuilding Program