Originally posted by Controlled Labs
    PT would be the best to ask about this, hes got mad skills
    Agreed!

Comment

i will have to pm him then

Comment

Received my shipment in the mail -- the log will begin on monday, til then...

Comment

Holy ##$% I almost choked on my protein shake...

Comment

Update

Just a few notes before my log officially begins Monday. I have used the past week to accurately keep track of my macros through fitday for the first time, and as I mentioned, I am currently taking in an average of 3800-3900 calories per day, with an occasional day, or two where I ate 4000. The following is how I plan to increase my calories weekly, assuming the black hole does what is intended to do.

Week 1: 4000-4100
            Week 2: 4200-4300
            Week 3: 4400-4500
            Week 4: 4600-4700

Any comments or suggestions on this plan? I don't want to increase the calories TOO much each week, to keep fat gains to a minimum, but if anyone thinks there should be greater increases each week feel free to let me know.

Also, pt or tank, I know you guys recommend starting at one pill, however, I have seriously been considering starting with the full dose of 3 pills, in order to get a full 30 days at the normal dose? do you see this being a problem?

Finally, my starting measurements should be posted tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
              Also, pt or tank, I know you guys recommend starting at one pill, however, I have seriously been considering starting with the full dose of 3 pills, in order to get a full 30 days at the normal dose? do you see this being a problem?

Finally, my starting measurements should be posted tomorrow night.
              The initial dosing is just for day #1

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                The initial dosing is just for day #1

I understand that -- I meant that if I were to just take one dose on day #1, I will have an odd # of pills left. In addition, from the people who have already starting take BH, all seem to feel little to no effects from just one pill.

Also, any input on my weekly calorie increases?
                Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-23-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Stats

Neck: 16
                  Chest: 39
                  Bicep (Relaxed): 14.5
                  Bicep (Flexed): 17
                  Forearm: 12
                  Waist: 34
                  Thighs: 22
                  Quads: 20
                  Calves: 15.5
                  *BF: 17%

*This is according to http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html
                  I will be getting this done using a caliper within the next couple of days to compare, since a couple other sites list me at 14%.
                  Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-23-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Monday, July 24

Day 1

Diet

Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
                    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
                    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
                    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
                    Meal 4 (Snack): 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread / 8 oz glass of milk
                    Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
                    Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
                    Meal 7 (1 Black Hole 30-40 min pre): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken cutlets / 2 cups broccoli cuts
                    Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4159
                    Protein: 394 (39%)
                    Carbs: 400 (36 %)
                    Fat: 111 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
                    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
                    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 min pre-workout.
                    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
                    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
                    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
                    Black Hole: 1 pill 30-40 minutes before dinner (meal 7).

Workout: Legs

Leg Curl: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 125 x 8
                    Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 245 x 8
                    Calf Press (Leg Press Machine): 180 x 15, 230 x 15, 270 x 15, 360 x 12
                    Leg Press: 450 x 28, 450 x 20, Dropset 450 x 15 / 360 x 10

Notes

Pretty good day today. The eating went smoothly and I had a real good workout, until the very end, in which I started to get a splitting headache and had to cut my dropset on the leg press short. I also intended on doing some leg extensions, but had to stop. This was seriously the worst headache I have ever experienced, and I have no idea what could have caused it so suddenly.

Took the initial dose (1 pill) of black hole 30-40 minutes before dinner, but did not feel any effects prior to eating. However, I did notice that I really didn't get full at all, and managed to finish my meal EASILY. Usually I struggle to finish everything on my plate, and end up feeling so full to the point where I feel like throwing up. I am defnitely looking forward to the full dose tomorrow, especially since I will be trying it with breakfast. I am also pretty pleased with the fact that I was able to get 4100 calories with basically no help from the Black Hole. Assuming Black Hole works, I am very optimistic for my increasing calories.
                    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-24-2006, 10:27 PM.

Comment

any input so far? is anyone even checking this??

Comment

Day 1

Diet

30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
                        Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
                        Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
                        Meal 4 (Snack): 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread / 8 oz glass of milk
                        Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
                        Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
                        Meal 7 (1 Black Hole 30-40 min pre): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken cutlets / 2 cups broccoli cuts
                        Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4159
                        Protein: 394 (39%)
                        Carbs: 400 (36 %)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
                        6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
                        Black Hole: 1 pill 30-40 minutes before dinner (meal 7).

Workout: Legs

Leg Curl: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 125 x 8
                        Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 245 x 8
                        Calf Press (Leg Press Machine): 180 x 15, 230 x 15, 270 x 15, 360 x 12
                        Leg Press: 450 x 28, 450 x 20, Dropset 450 x 15 / 360 x 10

Notes

Pretty good day today. The eating went smoothly and I had a real good workout, until the very end, in which I started to get a splitting headache and had to cut my dropset on the leg press short. I also intended on doing some leg extensions, but had to stop. This was seriously the worst headache I have ever experienced, and I have no idea what could have caused it so suddenly.

Took the initial dose (1 pill) of black hole 30-40 minutes before dinner, but did not feel any effects prior to eating. However, I did notice that I really didn't get full at all, and managed to finish my meal EASILY. Usually I struggle to finish everything on my plate, and end up feeling so full to the point where I feel like throwing up. I am defnitely looking forward to the full dose tomorrow, especially since I will be trying it with breakfast. I am also pretty pleased with the fact that I was able to get 4100 calories with basically no help from the Black Hole. Assuming Black Hole works, I am very optimistic for my increasing calories.
                        looking good so far.
                        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Tuesday, July 25

Day 2

Diet

30-45 minutes later (3 Black Hole): 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
                          Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
                          Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread
                          Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
                          Meal 5 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
                          Meal 6: 2 oz. whole wheat pasta w/ meat sauce (9 oz. lean beef)
                          Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk

Total Calories: 4176
                          Protein: 358 (36%)
                          Carbs: 438 (39%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
                          6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
                          Black Hole: 3 pills 30-40 minutes before breakfast (meal 1).

Workout: Chest

BB Flat Bench Press: 135 x 15, 165 x 10, 185 x 10, 205 x 8
                          DB Incline Bench Press: 65 x 10, 75 x 10, 80 x 10, 85 x 6
                          Cable Flys: 70 x 10, 75 x 8, 75 x 8, 80 x 8
                          Incline DB Flys: 25 x 12, 30 x 10, 35 x 8

Notes

I Took my first full dose of Black Hole today, before my first meal of the day. Unfortunately I felt absolutely no effects at all, which is strange considering just one pill helped me finish my dinner easier last night. Obviously I'm gonna have to experiment with taking it at different times, and figuring out which time works best, so tomorrow I will try the full dose before dinner to see if it's possible that I just respond to it better at night.

My workout did not go too well. As I hop on the bench to do my warm up set, that unbearable headache returned. I'm starting to think that I may have popped a blood vessel or something in my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It doesn't feel like a normal headache -- instead it feels like something is crusihng your head from both sides. So, unfortunately this greatly effected the rest of my workout. After the initial pain in my head, it turned into a normal migraine so I managed to suck it up and work through it, but I do feel like I could have gone a little heavier on some of my lifts. I think I will switch days and make my off day tomorrow instead of Thursday. Sorry this is so long, end rant, til tomorrow...
                          Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-25-2006, 07:55 PM.

Comment

My workout did not go too well. As I hop on the bench to do my warm up set, that unbearable headache returned. I'm starting to think that I may have popped a blood vessel or something in my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It doesn't feel like a normal headache -- instead it feels like something is crusihng your head from both sides. So, unfortunately this greatly effected the rest of my workout. After the initial pain in my head, it turned into a normal migraine so I managed to suck it up and work through it, but I do feel like I could have gone a little heavier on some of my lifts. I think I will switch days and make my off day tomorrow instead of Thursday. Sorry this is so long, end rant, til tomorrow...
                            Damn dude that sucks I don't see anything your supplementation that would bring on those kind of headaches. Have you had your blood sugar checked to ensure you aren't having any issues there? Any excess stress in life lately?

Lol, I sound like a Dr here.. which I am NOT..

I'll just hush now and hope you get rid of those headaches soon!

SCT
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                              Damn dude that sucks I don't see anything your supplementation that would bring on those kind of headaches. Have you had your blood sugar checked to ensure you aren't having any issues there? Any excess stress in life lately?

Lol, I sound like a Dr here.. which I am NOT..

I'll just hush now and hope you get rid of those headaches soon!

SCT

it's really strange bc its not like a typical headache. It seems to occur when I begin to strain, which is what makes me think it could have something to do with a blood vessel. The same exact thing happened to me a while ago, also doing leg presses, but with very heavy weight. This time the weight wasn't as heavy, but it was high volume. This is also why I don't really think it has anything to do with supplementation or stress, although I am somewhat stressed. Either way, like I mentioned in my last post, I'm taking today off and will give it a go tomorrow. If the problem continues then I will be seeing a doctor. Thanks for the input SCT, it's like a ghost town in this log. Update coming tonight...

Comment

it's really strange bc its not like a typical headache. It seems to occur when I begin to strain, which is what makes me think it could have something to do with a blood vessel. The same exact thing happened to me a while ago, also doing leg presses, but with very heavy weight. This time the weight wasn't as heavy, but it was high volume. This is also why I don't really think it has anything to do with supplementation or stress, although I am somewhat stressed. Either way, like I mentioned in my last post, I'm taking today off and will give it a go tomorrow. If the problem continues then I will be seeing a doctor. Thanks for the input SCT, it's like a ghost town in this log. Update coming tonight...
                                That is crazy bro, I wish you the best of luck with the headaches. I know I personally start getting migraines when I get too stressed out and I once had one during a heavy leg day.. that was evil

I'll be cruising in your log constantly now so keep up the good work and don't make me lay down the

SCT
                                Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                                X