• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, July 26

Day 3

Diet

Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / 3 oz. A.I. cookies
    Meal 5: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
    Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 11.5 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 350 grams sweet potato
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4214
    Protein: 396 (39%)
    Carbs: 412 (36%)
    Fat: 110 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1/2 scoop mid-day.
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 1).

Workout: Off Day

Notes

Not much to report today. Went back to taking the Black Hole at dinner time, however, waited a little longer before eating -- about an hour. I still felt little to no effects. No euphoric feeling, no appetite enhancement, and I still struggled to get down the entire dinner. Hopefully this will improve as it is only the third day. Took the day off from lifting, hopefully when I give it a try tomorrow, those damn head pains won't return.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-26-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
      That is crazy bro, I wish you the best of luck with the headaches. I know I personally start getting migraines when I get too stressed out and I once had one during a heavy leg day.. that was evil

I'll be cruising in your log constantly now so keep up the good work and don't make me lay down the

SCT

hey SCT, i have a friend whos had this same type of problem while lifting, but he was also taking blue up. You think that could have anything to do with it, in his case?

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
        hey SCT, i have a friend whos had this same type of problem while lifting, but he was also taking blue up. You think that could have anything to do with it, in his case?
        I'm not the sharpest tool in the CL shed about Blue up, but I'll check with the other guys on this one.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Day 4

Diet

30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
          Meal 2: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1 cup of grapes
          Meal 3 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
          Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
          Meal 5 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
          Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 10 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 225 grams sweet potato / 81 grams green beans
          Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1.5 tablespoon natural peanut butter / 3 oz. A.I. cookies

Total Calories: 4243
          Protein: 376 (37%)
          Carbs: 440 (39%)
          Fat: 109 (24%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
          6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
          Green Mag: 1 scoop 3-45 minutes pre-workout.
          2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout
          1 scoop Glycergrow right before lifting
          Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 6).

Workout: Back/Traps

Bent Over Row: 95 x 20, 135 x 15, 155 x 15, 175 x 15, 185 x 12
          One Arm DB Row: 65 x 15, 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 75 x 12
          V-Bar Lat Pulldown: 112.5 x 15, 125 x 10, 117.5 x 12
          SL Deadlift: 135 x 15, 185 x 12, 200 x 8, 200 x 8
          Back Extension: 90 x 15, 100 x 15, 110 x 12
          DB Shrugs: 75 x 15, 80 x 12, 50 x 20

Notes

My head still hurt a little bit while lifting, but it's definitely much better. Let me just say that the pumps from the glycergrow/green mag combo is ridiculous. My forearms were so pumped, I could barely grip the bar when it came time to do my SL deadlifts and DB shrugs. I Took the Black Hole about 45 minutes-1 hour before dinner. Again, I didn't get any feelings of euphoria, or appetite enhancement prior to eating. It did seem like I was able to finish my meal without feeling like I was going to burst, but I still need to give it more time before I'm sold.
          Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM.

Comment

anyone have any input, or suggestions so far?

Comment

Well these head pains have gotten unbearable -- had to stop 5 minutes into todays workout and unfortunately I have to postpone my log since I will not be able to workout for a while, until i can see a doctor. If ANYONE actually reads my log and has any idea what could be causing this PLEASE post it, thanks. I wont be taking the Black Hole or any other supplements during these days off.

EDIT: Just did a little search online and came up with the following...

Primary exertional headache

You might experience an exertional headache after prolonged physical exercise, such as weightlifting, dancing, running, bowling or football. It's more likely to occur if you're exercising in hot weather or at a high altitude.

Like the cough headache, these headaches sometimes occur as a result of increased pressure in your head, particularly if the exertion is from lifting weights. While straining to heave a weight, you may inadvertently do what's called a Valsalva maneuver, which is the term for trying to exhale while holding your breath. This act — which also can play a role in primary cough headaches — increases pressure in blood vessels in your head. Exertional headaches cause a throbbing pain that gradually builds in intensity and is felt on both sides of your head. The pain can last from five minutes to 48 hours.

Headaches after exertion can be a benign issue, but they also can point to a serious underlying cause, such as bleeding in the brain or a separation in the lining of an artery in your brain. If you have an exertional headache, see your doctor for an evaluation, particularly if it's your first headache of this type.

This sounds exactly like what I've had, and I think the problem is that I never gave myself a full 48 hours or so off from lifting so I keep straining it. So, I am going to take the weekend off, and try lifting Monday. If the pain returns then it's time to see a doctor.
              Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-28-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

so nobody has ever experienced anything like this, or has known anyone that has??

cmon people, give me some feedback

Comment

I get these whenever it's really hot outside while I'm playing golf. I like to refer to them as "heat headaches" and I have had some that were so bad that I would have to take some migraine medicine and just go to bed when I got home and sometimes I would still have it the next morning although not near as severe. I doubt it's anything serious to worry about but I think the time off would def. help you.

Comment

I have had the heat headaches but never from lifting. Even when i busted a bunch of blood vessels in my face and eyes form benching I did not get one.

I do get headaches when I am not keeping myself hydrated enough.

Comment

Originally posted by warriors
                      I get these whenever it's really hot outside while I'm playing golf. I like to refer to them as "heat headaches" and I have had some that were so bad that I would have to take some migraine medicine and just go to bed when I got home and sometimes I would still have it the next morning although not near as severe. I doubt it's anything serious to worry about but I think the time off would def. help you.

yeah man, this pain is so unbearable, i have to just sit down and cant move for a couple minutes. Then the pain just continues as a mingraine. Hpefully the weekend off will help.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        I have had the heat headaches but never from lifting. Even when i busted a bunch of blood vessels in my face and eyes form benching I did not get one.

I do get headaches when I am not keeping myself hydrated enough.

well mine is definitely not a heat headache, but it definitely sounds like the exertional headaches described in that paragraph above. i just really hope i am able to lift again come monday. thanks for the responses from both you guys.

Comment

Monday, July 31

Day 5

Diet

Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
                          Meal 3: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
                          Meal 4 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
                          Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
                          Meal 6 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
                          Meal 7 (3 Black Hole): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 162 grams green beans
                          Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4258
                          Protein: 389 (38%)
                          Carbs: 416 (36%)
                          Fat: 121 (26%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
                          6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
                          2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
                          1 scoop Glycergrow sipped on throughout workout.
                          3 scoops Excell sipped on throughout workout.
                          Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 7).

Workout: Legs

Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 20, 225 x 15, 225 x 15, 245 x 10
                          Calf Press: 180 x 15, 180 x 20, 180 x 20
                          Leg Press: 320 x 25, 410 x 20
                          Leg Extension: 110 x 20, 120 x 15
                          Leg Curl: 110 x 15, 125 x 12, 130 x 12

Notes

Finally back on track. Got through my workout and my head seems to be better. Not really much to report today. I took the Black Hole about one hour before dinner, however I am still not noticing much of an effect from it. I still had to stuff my dinner down, and felt extremely full once I was finished.

Comment

Day 5

Diet

Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
                            Meal 3: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
                            Meal 4 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
                            Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
                            Meal 6 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
                            Meal 7 (3 Black Hole): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 162 grams green beans
                            Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4258
                            Protein: 389 (38%)
                            Carbs: 416 (36%)
                            Fat: 121 (26%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
                            6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
                            2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
                            1 scoop Glycergrow sipped on throughout workout.
                            3 scoops Excell sipped on throughout workout.
                            Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 7).

Workout: Legs

Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 20, 225 x 15, 225 x 15, 245 x 10
                            Calf Press: 180 x 15, 180 x 20, 180 x 20
                            Leg Press: 320 x 25, 410 x 20
                            Leg Extension: 110 x 20, 120 x 15
                            Leg Curl: 110 x 15, 125 x 12, 130 x 12

Notes

Finally back on track. Got through my workout and my head seems to be better. Not really much to report today. I took the Black Hole about one hour before dinner, however I am still not noticing much of an effect from it. I still had to stuff my dinner down, and felt extremely full once I was finished.
                            how long before dinner were you taking it and are you taking anything esle with it, supplement or food?
                            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                            Purple Psyko
                            Gold Feast
                            Blue Gene
                            Blue Growth
                            REDuction AM/PM Shots
                            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                            Orange TRIad
                            White Flood (5 Flavors)
                            Black Hole
                            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                            Green Bulge
                            White Blood 2
                            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                            Blue Up
                            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                              how long before dinner were you taking it and are you taking anything esle with it, supplement or food?

I took it an hour before dinner. I came home from the gym around 6:30-6:40 and had my PWO shake. I then took the BH at about 7:15 and ate dinner at 8:15.

Comment

I took it an hour before dinner. I came home from the gym around 6:30-6:40 and had my PWO shake. I then took the BH at about 7:15 and ate dinner at 8:15.
                                try having it a bit earlier, I think the shake is slowing it down. take it as soon as you get home from the gym.
                                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                                Purple Psyko
                                Gold Feast
                                Blue Gene
                                Blue Growth
                                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                                Orange TRIad
                                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                                Black Hole