No announcement yet.

sodium loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol youre doing the hillbilly version of a carb cycle.

anyway, if you are looking to get in "beach" shape you may want to STEP up the cardio. you dont need to be a cardio machine like me, but i think you might have better results if you incorporated more cardio in the mix.
    also, maybe you should split up your ab routines. they get worked just like every other muscle and the same hypertrophy theory applies. i only work on abs 3 days a week, i could do it 7, but that wont do much.

abs are made in the kitchen (as you already know) and look better with cardio.

unless you are bulking, in which case nix everything i said.

Comment

yeah cardio is always a b for me... the only time i was really strict on it was during HS football..cos the coaches were yellin down ur back so you had to be at that lvl..

weathers finally getting nice out everyday so i been running more.. i think next week im going to do HIIT sun/tue/thr/sat and hopefully early AM runs m/w/fr

I spent 19-20 years oif my life dirty bulking... so i realize it doesnt change over night... i been eating good for the last year or two, and have dropped from like 250+ at 25% bodyfat on a tanita scale to 215ish and alot less bodyfat (lol) without losing much strength.. i would even gamble to sayi got stronger in certain aspects.

once im done with college my life will be dedicated to fitness/health.. I'm going to get PT certified while I study for my md/phd in the health psychology field

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        I kno =x

when i drink heavily, I always lose alot of weight and appear alot leanier and more vascular, due to the dehydrating affects of alcohol consumption.

like I doubt ill look that lean when i go to the beach, but when i get home after 4 days of pure alcohol and partying I will prolly look shredded for a week or so...what happened last year

plus if I increase protein intake thro shakes i get bloat, which is water? i guess?

croweler - all i drink is water, green tea, yerba mate tea, and shakes. occasionaly I'll have some skim milk or diet soda, just to make myself feel happy. but I tear thro bottle water like a fiend, and at work I refill a cup about 15x a day of water.. i used to drink 6-8 fiji liter bottles in an 8hour shift..than i got in trouble for doing that.. after I prolly drank over a grand in product

I just wanna do something a little before i go to the beach to look leanier..more vascular.. etc..

I bought Xpel, a diruetic, but dont know if I want to use it for health reasons... at the time i thought it would be a great idea, now i duno.. plus it was like 10$ at vitamin world...
        The reason you probobaly get bloated when drinking protein shakes is lack of fiber, try taking a digestive enzyme. NOW Super Enzyme is pretty good.

But if you really wanna see how much water weight you hold, eat absolutley no carbs for one week straight, than carb load up and see how much of a diffrence in weight there is.

Comment

I just wanna do something a little before i go to the beach to look leanier..more vascular.. etc..
          Train harder?

:edited:after viewing your log train harder.
          Last edited by bis; 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

once im done with college my life will be dedicated to fitness/health.. I'm going to get PT certified while I study for my md/phd in the health psychology field

coming from a guy that JUST graduated, this is possible while still in school. heavy drinking will impede your results. the last year of college i dedicated my life to fitness, nutrition, and MMA and i dont regret it at all.

but i did enjoy my college experience, especially my senior year. i went out drinking with the guys at least once a week (i planned for that day to be a cheat) but i normally didnt binge, just abotu 3-4 beers in 4 hours, nothing to crazy

honest to god if you ramp up your cardio, your results will be quicker and more noticable. PLUS youll feel better too.

Comment

I am still wondering why you are retaining water.

When you take off your socks is there quite an indent around your ankle area?

I definitely understand what you mean when you say after drinking and are dehydrated you look more cut. But that doesn't mean you are retaining water, it just means you are dehydrated.

I would advise agains taking a diuretic then going to the beach where you will be sweating a ton, and drinking where you will be losing alot of water.

CROWLER
              President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
              www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

Originally posted by bis
                Train harder?

:edited:after viewing your log train harder.
                I will keep this in mind.

and I dont have much bodyfat anywhere really but around my abs, which i feel is the result of my body retaining water in that specific area.. since i notice a leaner look/feel after i dehydrate myself thro drinking it makes me believe its water weight..

course it could be bodyfat, since the average person stores most their bodyfat in the abdominal region, im sure this chance exists..

as for the direutic, i think im going to wait til after the beach to use it.. might as well use it since i bought it..
                ill be at school a week early, and wont be able to lift cos ill be working freshman orientation, so that woul dbe a good time i think....

I will be stepping the cardio up as jay said, and for bis i will train harder..

also gonna start eating a boat load of direutic foods next week as well... might increase vita-C intake as well.. right now IM just adding it to my PWO shake, maybe ill add to more drinks throughout the day.. and hopefully if i tan more that'll dry the skin out n tighten it up some more

appreciate the resposnes

Comment

and I dont have much bodyfat anywhere really but around my abs, which i feel is the result of my body retaining water in that specific area.. since i notice a leaner look/feel after i dehydrate myself thro drinking it makes me believe its water weight..

course it could be bodyfat, since the average person stores most their bodyfat in the abdominal region, im sure this chance exists..

as for the direutic, i think im going to wait til after the beach to use it.. might as well use it since i bought it..
                  ill be at school a week early, and wont be able to lift cos ill be working freshman orientation, so that woul dbe a good time i think....

also gonna start eating a boat load of direutic foods next week as well... might increase vita-C intake as well.. right now IM just adding it to my PWO shake, maybe ill add to more drinks throughout the day.. and hopefully if i tan more that'll dry the skin out n tighten it up some more

appreciate the resposnes
                  Whats your MM's in your chest, back, and legs?

Comment

Hey Diritto,

Best of luck and have a GREAT time.

CROWLER

appreciate the resposnes
                    President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                    www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

well at least you have the right mentality. people that are seriously dedicated dont need to take diuretics. if you have seen my pics, i am not "naturally shredded", but i do look very lean, which i attribute to my cardio regime. at one point i thought i was like you, and had tons of water weight. what got me to the next level was stepping up my training. after i did that, thats when great things started to happen.

good to hear your so dedicated, and with the controlled stack helping you out, im sure it wont be a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                        Whats your MM's in your chest, back, and legs?
                        huh?

Comment

diet is probably the most important thing

an example the other night i was at my gym. doing weighted dips at the end of my routine and these 2 guys were talking about how one of them is like 7% bodyfat. and i laughed cause the guy was a little taller than me and weighed 150lbs(i know cause he told me) i dont really know much but from what i have read and learned from asking questions to everyone that seems to know what they are doing. anyway he was like i dont know why i cant gain any size. he said he wanted to look really cut. i asked him the first thing i was asked everytime i ask a question. "What does your diet consist of?" he said he worked in a hospital and it was hard for him to eat alot cause he cant eat infront of the patients and all. then i told him that he needed to get his diet in check if he ever wanted to gain more muscle mass. he said it was impossible for him to eat when he needed to. then i told him well if thats the case you will never get any bigger.

granted i dont know what im talking about when it comes to how to eat to diet down this is my first time trying to diet and i think im doing "ok" i eat clean all week long(when mers decides to cook) and i limit myself to 1 cheat meal on sat and sunday.( i dont really go over board on it either) but back to what i was trying to say

eat cleaner, train harder gain more muscle mass.then about 12 weeks out from summer start to cut. then just maintain all summer long and start the bulking cycle again. i guess think of summer as your "Contest"

[sidenote]
                          yeah and i have given up on this recomp its to rough I just keep losing weight. Im 218 now i think im just going to cut until i hit 200 hopefully that will put me at 10%bf ill be happy with that until i get to 225@10%[/sidenote]

Comment

typical day for me

wake up, thermos, tuna, go to the gym, postworkotu shake, get home, tuna, 45-60min later eggs, go to work,thermos again,2-3hr later grilled chicken breast, 2-3hr later grilled chicken breast, get hom from work, casein shake if i remember..sometimes too tired i just pass out

Comment

geez... do you have any fats in your diet whatsoever besides whatever is in the eggs?
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

i eat like 5-6 scoops of natty PB a day.. usually 2 or 3 with each dose of cla+sesamin -- which are fats in their own respect I guess? and fish oil x2 spoonfulls.. im also gonna add a spoon of coconut oil to my casein shake at night when i make one

Comment

Working...
                                X