sodium loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sodium loading

Anyone know information about how to sodium load than depelete to bring out vascularity, shed any water bloating? or any other ways to do lose water weight thro diet?

Not exactly worth the risks unless your competting.

Comment

Why are you holding water weight?

Maybe we could solve that problem and then not have to resort to sodium manipulation for reason stated by LancerV.

CROWLER
      President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
      www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

sodium loading? thats a new one to me. sounds like a recipe for high blood pressure, BUT in that defense, im not a body builder

Comment

I always hold water weight...

protein bloats me like a mofo, tho since ive been using all isolates past 2-3months its not as drastic..plus ive decreased my shake intake since im tryin to cut

I just wanted to damper with it... i dont see it being that large of a risk if done properly.. i mean, i kno people that put salt on every single meal.. like tons of it.. my one ex did, haha...
          how could a few days of it be risky?
          and dont you think there are much riskier things that could be done to the body?

Comment

obviously if ur doing it short term it may not be that big of a deal, but at our ages high blood pressure isnt as uncommon as youd think. i had to radically lower my sodium intake because i showed signs of high sodium intake and hypertension (i wasnt even adding a lot of salt, i was just eating sodium filled foods)

point is if ur gonna do it, dont make a habit out of it lol

Comment

yea,FYI: creatine raises blood pressure

(im pretty sure of that, if you care enough search and im sure youll find if its right or not quickly)

Below is the week out contest prep from the game over cut diet... its pretty intense and not really what i was looking for.. tho im guessing the carb load/depelete point and sodium loading is kind of touched on..

I'm jus lookin for a lil extra i can do to bring out vascularity/shed water weight before i go to the beach aug 10..

i think aug 1 i will start adding salt to everything, than the 6th-8th totally remove it from my diet

I will also slowly reduce water intake around the 5th lowering it about .25 gallon a day, til its extremely low

ill also do the carb up to the best of my ability..mainly using oats and prolly follow the workout a little.. i may even do the posing stuff..lol.. i read once that flexing a muscle makes it larger and more defined.. think arnold said it in some interview, book, somethin..

7th day out

Carb load – eat plenty of carbs on this day

6th day out

Light chest/shoulders/triceps workout –
              45-50 reps , two sets each
              DB press – pushups til failure (one set) – DB militarty – side lat raise – tricep pressdown – leg press – seated calves
              Perform cardio

Salt everything
              99mg potassium every four hours
              two gallons of water throuhougt day

5th day out

light back/bicep work
              45-50 reps, 2 sets each
              lat pull down, low rows, DB shrug, standing or cable curl, lunges and standing calves
              perform cardio

salt everything
              99mg potassium every four hours
              1.5 gallons water throuhoug tday

4th day out

light cardio – 30-35mins, small posing

salt everything
              100mg vitamin B6 3x per day
              1000mg dandelion 3x per day
              625mg Uva Ursi 3x per day
              100mg caffeine 3x per day
              1.0 gallon of water throughout the day

carb load – try to drink all water prior to meal, so after there is little left, don’t drink 60min before or after

3rd day out

light cardio – 30-35mins, small posing
              salt everything up to 6pm
              99mg potassium every two hours
              .75 gallon of water throughout the day

2nd day out

15mins posing

no salt at all
              (1-2) – 99mg potassium every two hours (cramping pending)
              .5 gallon of water throughout the day

1 day out

no salt at all
              all foods plain, fresh, dry, dull, bland
              99mg potassium every two hours
              sip water throughout day – as minimial as possible and 1hr prior or after food

[theres more info to detail the carb loads, and what foods to eat but i didnt feel like typing it all, plus i cant afford all that food . haha]

Comment

is it really worth all that work to look that ripped? you said you retain water like a mofo - so just carb deplete yourself, carb up the day before and take a dieuretic. that got me extra shredded before i went on spring break.

theres also a few other tricks, like using preperation H gel on ur abs,

also you take a bath in the hottest water you can stand, pouring a gallon of epson salt and some wintergreen alcohol (i read it on a website) and take a bath for an hour. it supposed to draw out all the water (in conjunction with proper diet)

that seems like a hell of a lot of supplements tho

Comment

yeah im not buying the supps.. lol ..

i think im going to carb load, sodium load, water load i guess
                  slowly decrease water
                  stop sodium 3-4 days out
                  and carb free 5-6 day out

i also got capzasin HP, im going to try that on my abdominal trouble area

hopefully ill get more info on everything before the end of this month

Comment

You say you are going to do different things 7 days out 3 days out. Days out from what?

You also say you retain water all the time. That is a very serious thing honestly. It can lead to heart problems BP problems etc. Again I think it best to find the cause of that or as you get older you may find yourself permanantly on medication.

When you bulk do you take in a large amount of sodium?

If it were me instead of just shooting for one day I would increase my Vit C by one gram every 3 days til I was at 4 grams a day, increase water intake until it was at 1.5 gallons. To do this fill up 1.5 gallons in the AM and drink it.

I have seen guys (myself included) who would say YEA I drink a ton of water but when you fill up 1.5 gallons you REALLY see what it is like to drink a ton of water and you don't cheat. If you are not being every hour and a half then most you are not taking in excess water.

Drink a cup of coffe a day and one beer if you are old enough.

All 4 of these suggestions are actually healthy for you, can be done long term and not harm you. Sodium loading may or may not work, can only really be done once in a great while and can be harmful.

CROWLER
                    President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                    www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

Also sodium loading will only work if your around 3-4% Bodyfat to get more vascular. Also how do you know what your holding is water weight?

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                        Also sodium loading will only work if your around 3-4% Bodyfat to get more vascular. Also how do you know what your holding is water weight?
                        I kno =x

when i drink heavily, I always lose alot of weight and appear alot leanier and more vascular, due to the dehydrating affects of alcohol consumption.

like I doubt ill look that lean when i go to the beach, but when i get home after 4 days of pure alcohol and partying I will prolly look shredded for a week or so...what happened last year

plus if I increase protein intake thro shakes i get bloat, which is water? i guess?

croweler - all i drink is water, green tea, yerba mate tea, and shakes. occasionaly I'll have some skim milk or diet soda, just to make myself feel happy. but I tear thro bottle water like a fiend, and at work I refill a cup about 15x a day of water.. i used to drink 6-8 fiji liter bottles in an 8hour shift..than i got in trouble for doing that.. after I prolly drank over a grand in product

I just wanna do something a little before i go to the beach to look leanier..more vascular.. etc..

I bought Xpel, a diruetic, but dont know if I want to use it for health reasons... at the time i thought it would be a great idea, now i duno.. plus it was like 10$ at vitamin world...

Comment

just curious, whats ur BF at? have u had it measured lately?

Comment

also, looking at your diet on your log, theoritically you shouldnt be having THAT much water retention. ur not taking in gallons and gallons of dairy, your diet seems to be a normal combination of macros. PLUS your carb cycling should leave you retaining less water.

also, whats your workout protocol, including cardio?

Comment

mon - chest/tris
                              tue - legs/bis
                              wend - shoulder/back
                              th - chest
                              fri - legs/tris/bis

hit abs as much as possible, usually do a lil everyday, m/w/f i do a circuit for sure, sometimes tu/th i try n do a circuit if i have time

cardio - i been workin on runnin AM before breakfeast, but its hard cos im not a morning person -- ive been increasing it lately, usually just go for jogs outside when weather permits, and do a lil before workout just to get blood flowing.. like 5mins on treadmill or bicycle depending on workout

i dont kno macros or carb cycling.. i just dont (try not to) eat any carbs during the week and on weekends i dont really care what i eat.. but since im in a pattern i dont really go crazy.. i usually eat the same ol stuff just with carbs added

Comment

Working...
                              X