No announcement yet.

JJJ's Trippin on Red Acid Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't wait to see the progress pics man!

damn why is red acid banned in australia

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
      sweet squatting and prs JJ!
      how do those rotating calves work??
      Thanks AB!!

Here's a pic of the machine... you keep your knees slightly bent, and you push that bar down with the balls of your feet, rotating at the ankle (hence the 'rotary calf machine'). Not a bad machine if your form is good, I see so many people pushing with their legs instead of their feet.
      Last edited by joey joe joe; 08-08-2006, 10:58 PM.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
        I'm going to share a secret I've found out about Leg Extensions.. they rock! At first I hated them too, but using different rep/set ranges, foot placement, and rep pacing you can break through plateaus like crazy using Leg Extensions.

For example,

using a close feet position will really hit those outer quads whereas using a wider position will work the inner quads/thighs. In addition, using superslow negatives really helps with some of the bottom sticking points associated with squats.

If I could only do one isolation exercise it would probably be leg extensions

SCT
        Thanks Stonecold! I sometimes get the feeling like I'm ripping my knees apart when I'm doing this move. It doesn't hurt at all, it's just the movement... I can't get my head around the idea that it's good for me. I used to do it more often, then I got away from iso moves for my legs.

Do you think it has benefits over the leg press? The leg extension is so convenient.... lugging all those weights to the leg press seems to take forever! hehe

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Originally posted by joey joe joe
          Thanks Stonecold! I sometimes get the feeling like I'm ripping my knees apart when I'm doing this move. It doesn't hurt at all, it's just the movement... I can't get my head around the idea that it's good for me. I used to do it more often, then I got away from iso moves for my legs.

Do you think it has benefits over the leg press? The leg extension is so convenient.... lugging all those weights to the leg press seems to take forever! hehe

hi joeyjj.

i have read several articles that say that leg extensions are the worst exercise you can do regarding the knees b/c of shearing force it places on the joint. that's unfortunate b/c that is one very effective exercise! i just make sure that my legs are well warmed up before doing them, and i always pyramid up to assess how my knees will respond on any given day...they let me know when i need to skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyjoejoe

If you are having knee pain during the exercise then I'd either lower the weights or stop the exercise completely. I personally found that using lower weights with SUPERSLOW rep pacing helped me to build up some of the strength in my knees.

Originally posted by dominique
            hi joeyjj.

i have read several articles that say that leg extensions are the worst exercise you can do regarding the knees b/c of shearing force it places on the joint. that's unfortunate b/c that is one very effective exercise! i just make sure that my legs are well warmed up before doing them, and i always pyramid up to assess how my knees will respond on any given day...they let me know when i need to skip it.
            Dominique brings up a pretty solid point as far as the stress on the knees involved with Leg Extensions. However, it is important to remember the leg extensions, as well as other isotonic exercises, help to strength not only the muscles but the tendons and ligaments as well. It is harder on the joints though, I will give you that. For that issue I personally recommend a Cissus based product, Supplement King's Black Out could be just the answer there.
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by joey joe joe
              Leg day!! I feel like I didn't have the best diet today, so my energy wasn't as great as it has been recently. Just because of how my workday went, I could only get in 3 large meals, rather than 6 smaller meals... ugh. Work gets in the way of everything!!

Squats: (warmup bar x12, 135x10, 155x6, 185x3, 205x1) 225x6, 235x6 (PR), 235x5

SLDLs: 155x6, 185x6, 185x6 (PR)

Leg Extension: 190x6, 210x6 (PR), 215x6 (PR)

Seated Calf Raise: 190x10, 190x10

Rotary Calf Machine: 405x12, 405x9

Besides the low energy, I managed to get a couple PR's in there which felt good. I hadn't done leg extensions in a while, I really didn't like them. The only reason I did them was because the leg press machine was being used by 4 guys. Stupid guys.

great job on the PR's man, WHILE on RA . good stuff

Comment

joey, i have to apologize... i just noticed that i ripped off your idea for log title.
                i hope you don't mind. imitation = flattery.

Comment

hi joeyjj.

Thanks dominique! I keep a close watch on my knees with this excercise... I have it tattooed in my brain that it's not good for them, so I take extra care when doing the move. Warming up and all that is key... I usually do a couple of very slow reps at a lower weight just to guage how my knees are feeling. I don't do this excercise too often anyways, I usually do the leg press instead.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                    great job on the PR's man, WHILE on RA . good stuff
                    Thanks jay!! I've seen some good strength gains while taking RA, I'm just tired of cutting!! I'm still not at my goal yet though, so I think a few more months of cutting are in order. Maybe 2007 will be the year of the Incredible Bulk?

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

joey, i have to apologize... i just noticed that i ripped off your idea for log title.
                      i hope you don't mind. imitation = flattery.

hehe it's all good! With a name like Red Acid, it's tough to think of anything besides a trip!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Day 30!!

So this is the final day of my Red Acid log. Finally!! I have to apologize for not posting the past couple of days as I lost internet connection here at home over the weekend. Also, I can't access the forums from work anymore, which make my days extra long, ugh!!!

Final weight: 199 (hellz yeah, broke the 200 barrier!)
                        total loss: 6 lbs.

Bodyfat: ~19% (average of 3-point measurement, taken 5 times)
                        total loss: 3%

I'm pretty happy with the losses here, I'd definitely use the product again! Tomorrow I'll take full body measurements and do a final review of Red Acid.

Attached are the final pics, taken today, complete with newspaper. I also got a tattoo on friday, so I'll post that as well.
                        Attached Files

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

JJ! Gee you must be pleased getting under 200lbs!!!!!

what are you going to do without forums at work I don't know how I would survive either!!

What does the tatt mean? It looks bright!! Superman...??

Comment

joey, congrats on the 6 lbs & 3% lost. that's good work for a month.

ps: that's a nice tat.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                              JJ! Gee you must be pleased getting under 200lbs!!!!!

what are you going to do without forums at work I don't know how I would survive either!!

What does the tatt mean? It looks bright!! Superman...??
                              Woohooo! I've got access again! I wonder why I was denied access last week... I guess I'm being monitored or something. Oh well, if they fired me, I'd be happy!

Thanks A-Babe! It feels great to be under 200, now I'll see how low I can get. My next goal is to be in the 190-195 range, with 15% bodyfat.

On the tatt, that's a bass clef inside the superman shield. I've been playing bass for 10 years now, and music has been a huge part of my life. The Superman shield represents that I'm just a big kid and I love all that superhero stuff.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

joey, congrats on the 6 lbs & 3% lost. that's good work for a month.

ps: that's a nice tat.
                                Thanks Dominique! I'll probably start up a new log here, maybe in the fatloss section to keep things going on my progress. I'll be by to check out your journal soon!

And thanks for the tat compliment. It's my first one, I'm already looking forward to the next!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Working...
                                X