• Show
Clear All

looks good jeff!
    what are drag curls??

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
      looks good jeff!
      what are drag curls??
      They're like normal barbell curls, except you're using an overhand grip on the bar. They give a great burn in your bicep, kinda like doing 21's, I don't do them on every arm day, but I like them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...Name=Drag+Curl

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

I've just got time for a quick weight measurement, and I'm at 200 lbs! This is day 17 I think, and that's down 5 lbs overall. Now I'm extra motivated to break the 200 mark, let's see how low I am by the end of the week! I'm really pleased with Red Acid, it seems to be doing everything it's claimed!
        Last edited by joey joe joe; 07-31-2006, 06:34 AM.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Originally posted by joey joe joe
          I've just got time for a quick weight measurement, and I'm at 200 lbs! This is day 17 I think, and that's down 5 lbs overall. Now I'm extra motivated to break the 200 mark, let's see how low I am by the end of the week! I'm really pleased with Red Acid, it seems to be doing everything it's claimed!

WoooooThhooooooooooooooo!!!!!

So proud of ya JJ!!

Comment

This right here made my day worth it..
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              This right here made my day worth it..
              I knew you'd like that!! Another satisfied RA user right here!!!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Ok, today's heat was just rediculous!! With the humidity, today's high was 48 DEGREES CELCIUS!!! Why?? How???? All day I've been sweating my ass off, and I'm just sitting around!! I've been drinking tons of water, but I'm still feeling pretty drained from this heat. I worked my back tonight, and I just didn't have the same energy I've been feeling lately. Everything was lagging it seemed. No PR's, just matched my weights from the week before.

Lat pulldown: (warmup 105x12, 105x10, 120x6, 135x3, 165x1) 190x6, 190x6, 190x5

Pullups: BWx3, BWx3, BWx2 (not so great, but I'd never done these before)

Deadlifts: 225x2, 275x6, 275x6, 275x4

Cable Row: 135x6, 160x6, 160x6

Leg raises: 15x2

Various ab crunches for about 8-10 minutes

I wasn't too crazy about the back excercises, it just didn't feel too strong IMO. The ab workout was good though, I'll be feeling that tomorrow.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

holy shizzle 48degrees celcius!?!?! I know you guys have always been complaining but I never really understood the farenheit conversion.

Man. that is hot.

How are the abs going today JJ>

Comment

Shoulders & Traps Day!!

Arnold Press: (warmup: 40x10, 40x10, 50x6, 55x3) 60x6 (PR), 60x6 (PR), 60x4

DB Lateral Raise: 30x6, 35x4, 35x4 (PR)

Seated Bent-over Lateral Raise: 35x6 (PR), 35x6 (PR)

BB Shrug: 225x2, 285x6 (PR), 285x6, 285x5

Upright Rows: 100x6 (PR), 100x6 (PR)

After this I did some ab work to finish things off. Felt pretty good... my left shoulder was a little tender, but it didn't seem to affect my ROM or strength.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Chest Day!! This actually happened yesterday... Aug 6th.

DB Bench: (warmup 40x12, 40x10, 50x6, 60x3, 70x1) 80x6, 80x6, 80x5

DB Incline: 70x6, 70x6

Dips: BWx6, BWx8, BWx8 (PR)

Straight-Arm Pullover: 50x6, 60x6, 60x6

I wasn't feeling super strong, probably the result of poor sleep. Today is a rest day since the gym is closed because of the holiday. Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

looking good bro keep it up
                        MY GREEN MAG LOG
                        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Leg day!! I feel like I didn't have the best diet today, so my energy wasn't as great as it has been recently. Just because of how my workday went, I could only get in 3 large meals, rather than 6 smaller meals... ugh. Work gets in the way of everything!!

Squats: (warmup bar x12, 135x10, 155x6, 185x3, 205x1) 225x6, 235x6 (PR), 235x5

SLDLs: 155x6, 185x6, 185x6 (PR)

Leg Extension: 190x6, 210x6 (PR), 215x6 (PR)

Seated Calf Raise: 190x10, 190x10

Rotary Calf Machine: 405x12, 405x9

Besides the low energy, I managed to get a couple PR's in there which felt good. I hadn't done leg extensions in a while, I really didn't like them. The only reason I did them was because the leg press machine was being used by 4 guys. Stupid guys.

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

Just to keep myself up to date, this is day 25. 5 more days to go, then I'll post up measurements, pics... all that jazz!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

sweet squatting and prs JJ!
                              how do those rotating calves work??

Comment

I hadn't done leg extensions in a while, I really didn't like them. The only reason I did them was because the leg press machine was being used by 4 guys. Stupid guys.
                                I'm going to share a secret I've found out about Leg Extensions.. they rock! At first I hated them too, but using different rep/set ranges, foot placement, and rep pacing you can break through plateaus like crazy using Leg Extensions.

For example,

using a close feet position will really hit those outer quads whereas using a wider position will work the inner quads/thighs. In addition, using superslow negatives really helps with some of the bottom sticking points associated with squats.

If I could only do one isolation exercise it would probably be leg extensions

SCT
                                Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                                X