question: grip strength?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: grip strength?

how do i improve on my forearm strength? I wanna do stuff like tear decks of cards and phone books, where do i go about to start learning about these things.. I knew there was this grip forum.. anyone know the link?

john
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
    how do i improve on my forearm strength? I wanna do stuff like tear decks of cards and phone books, where do i go about to start learning about these things.. I knew there was this grip forum.. anyone know the link?

john
    One of my local friends, yes I have friends, is a powerlifter and before my RC injury he had me shown me a few tricks for grip strength.

Face two plates (10s are good to start) together to where the smooth sides are facing out. Pinch the plates and hold at your side until they begin to slip, this works not only on your forearms but also your grip itself.

I went from using 2.5s up to 25s by the time I hurt my RC..
    Back to the basics!

Comment

john
      Here are a couple of articles, but try grabbing a 5 or 10 Lb plate by the lip around the center and twist from side to side, get Captins of Crush grippers, and do timed gripper work.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/rosie.htm
      http://www.elitefts.com/documents/grip_training.htm
      Last edited by ddawg91; 07-14-2006, 11:46 AM.

Comment

CoC's baby!!!

http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/expo...hedtodust.html
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
          The only problem thosse arent exactly great for your fingers in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
            The only problem thosse arent exactly great for your fingers in the long run
            link to article or study for this?
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

thegrip.com is another site that has some info about it. i havent gone through it, but found that on bb a long time ago.
              The stack:
              PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
              5'9
              197.5 LBS
              BF% 29

Comment

Originally posted by ninobrn99
                thegrip.com is another site that has some info about it. i havent gone through it, but found that on bb a long time ago.

you got me, I checked the site
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

i like to take a set of dumbells usually a pretty descent weight maybe 80-90lbs and make sure i have a clear walk way usually from one side of the gym to the other and then put a bench at my starting point. and walk to the furthest wall from me and back. also grabbing 45lb plates with the finger tips work. or if you want to take tips from rock climbers they like to hang from off the pull up bars by their finger tips one hand at a time until failure.( which is also not bad for making your back wider if you decide you want to just hang and contract your lats until your grip fails[not that you need it Aries])

Comment

hmmm... great suggestions guys. Let me make it a little bit clearer: what do i need to do to perform crazy shiet like tearing cards and phone books?

i wanna glare at this little girl one day with a phone book in my hand.. wait for her to say something... then.....

tear the phone book in half and scream " WHAT CHOO SAY?!?!?!"
                    www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

hmmm... great suggestions guys. Let me make it a little bit clearer: what do i need to do to perform crazy shiet like tearing cards and phone books?

i wanna glare at this little girl one day with a phone book in my hand.. wait for her to say something... then.....

tear the phone book in half and scream " WHAT CHOO SAY?!?!?!"

crack ... you need to do crack
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

google is your friend

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+books+in+half

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...lf&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...rong+man+feats

Comment

thanks for the link.. i'm practicing right now on a 1" phone book
                          www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

the link that bis posted really helped me tear that shiet up!!!!!

YAY!
                            www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

i have created a monster

now Aries is going to walk around with a booksack filled with telephone books and decks of cards

Comment

Working...
                              X