Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question: grip strength?

Default question: grip strength?

how do i improve on my forearm strength? I wanna do stuff like tear decks of cards and phone books, where do i go about to start learning about these things.. I knew there was this grip forum.. anyone know the link?

john

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Aries
    how do i improve on my forearm strength? I wanna do stuff like tear decks of cards and phone books, where do i go about to start learning about these things.. I knew there was this grip forum.. anyone know the link?

john
    One of my local friends, yes I have friends, is a powerlifter and before my RC injury he had me shown me a few tricks for grip strength.

Face two plates (10s are good to start) together to where the smooth sides are facing out. Pinch the plates and hold at your side until they begin to slip, this works not only on your forearms but also your grip itself.

I went from using 2.5s up to 25s by the time I hurt my RC..
    Back to the basics!

john
    Here are a couple of articles, but try grabbing a 5 or 10 Lb plate by the lip around the center and twist from side to side, get Captins of Crush grippers, and do timed gripper work.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/rosie.htm
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/grip_training.htm
    Last edited by ddawg91; 07-14-2006 at 11:46 AM.

jdouchebag for president

Quote Originally Posted by strester
    The only problem thosse arent exactly great for your fingers in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by LancerV
    The only problem thosse arent exactly great for your fingers in the long run
    link to article or study for this?
    jdouchebag for president

thegrip.com is another site that has some info about it. i havent gone through it, but found that on bb a long time ago.
    The stack:
    PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
    5'9
    197.5 LBS
    BF% 29

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    thegrip.com is another site that has some info about it. i havent gone through it, but found that on bb a long time ago.

you got me, I checked the site
    jdouchebag for president

i like to take a set of dumbells usually a pretty descent weight maybe 80-90lbs and make sure i have a clear walk way usually from one side of the gym to the other and then put a bench at my starting point. and walk to the furthest wall from me and back. also grabbing 45lb plates with the finger tips work. or if you want to take tips from rock climbers they like to hang from off the pull up bars by their finger tips one hand at a time until failure.( which is also not bad for making your back wider if you decide you want to just hang and contract your lats until your grip fails[not that you need it Aries])

hmmm... great suggestions guys. Let me make it a little bit clearer: what do i need to do to perform crazy shiet like tearing cards and phone books?

i wanna glare at this little girl one day with a phone book in my hand.. wait for her to say something... then.....

tear the phone book in half and scream " WHAT CHOO SAY?!?!?!"

hmmm... great suggestions guys. Let me make it a little bit clearer: what do i need to do to perform crazy shiet like tearing cards and phone books?

i wanna glare at this little girl one day with a phone book in my hand.. wait for her to say something... then.....

crack ... you need to do crack
    jdouchebag for president

thanks for the link.. i'm practicing right now on a 1" phone book

HOLY CRAP!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

the link that bis posted really helped me tear that shiet up!!!!!

YAY!

i have created a monster

now Aries is going to walk around with a booksack filled with telephone books and decks of cards

gripboard.com - great for everything grip

Quote Originally Posted by bis
    i have created a monster

now Aries is going to walk around with a booksack filled with telephone books and decks of cards

done with phone books now... on to panties

I didnt want to be the first to tell you mr aries, but that problaly wouldnt turn her on or make her like you anymore, unless you have your shirt off, than she will be blinded by lust and you could jump in a circle scratching your arm pits and screaming like an ape and she more than likely wouldnt notice.

of course, after re-reading your post, you say you want to glare at a little girl... that makes me worried. i dont have any idea what you art attempting to do anymore, perhaps scare Americas youth so when your older we have even more fuck ups running around going looney and doing very weird things (open a newspaper one time, shits weird people do)..

anyways, i would suggest wrist curls... they seem to hit the forearm alot.. and doing things like chin ups, pull ups...
    or
    deadlifts, farmers walks.. stuff where your arms are locked out and your just holding onto a bar/dumbbells

and they make those lil stress things that you squeeze together .. they work.. i used to sit around and squeeze that thing and play xbox..alternating hands every now and than.. helped develop forearm strength for baseball (throwing curves, knuckle balls, etc) if its easy, just hold it together for like 2minutes than let go and rehold it for 2minutes..after awhile it burns

hehe thanks jdritto.. i'll continue working on the phone books... I'm also intrigued by decks of cards, so i may move onto that when my skillz get up to that level...

Rolling up frying pans sounds awesome as well (although i'm sure there's a limit to my strength, lol).... I'm working hard on my deadlift right now so I can pick up the end of a small car or something (like a cavalier)

john

call me when you can lay under a lowered truck and bench press it up!

Thread Information