Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's good to know, because I didn't want to make the assumption that this was meant for all applications of the deadlift

i would burn through my hour workout if I had to re-strap after each pull too
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      that's good to know, because I didn't want to make the assumption that this was meant for all applications of the deadlift

i would burn through my hour workout if I had to re-strap after each pull too
      No kidding, that would suck big time. I am sure they don't even strap in.

Comment

Originally posted by tizzyistrippin
        Any videos anyone know of for proper deadlifting form??
        What about if John Lee made an informational deadlift video?? Who else would be interested in seeing it?

"How to Lift with John Lee:Volume 1"

Controlled Labs could sponsor it and put out a little dvd. With all of the big compound moves with step by step instructions and then Mr Aries wouldn't feel so left out/useless.

Comment

Thanks for posting the info I was trying deads for the first time in a loooooong time and it was very helpful to have this info to help guide my attempt
          Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank
            What about if John Lee made an informational deadlift video?? Who else would be interested in seeing it?

Controlled Labs could sponsor it and put out a little dvd. With all of the big compound moves with step by step instructions and then Mr Aries wouldn't feel so left out/useless.
            that would be pretty cool to have ... you can read an article about dead/bench/squat a hundred times, but it'll never get the point across as well as being able to actually see it happen.

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
            Thanks for posting the info I was trying deads for the first time in a loooooong time and it was very helpful to have this info to help guide my attempt
            did you scrape your shins up? i've been reading all kinds of posts at other forums about scraping your shins up because you need to have the bar as close to your body as possible ... and other posts say that you're doing it wrong if you scrape your shins up (aside from this original post by ddawg) ... i don't feel like I'm in the right position if I don't feel my legs getting beat up by the bar
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
              did you scrape your shins up? i've been reading all kinds of posts at other forums about scraping your shins up because you need to have the bar as close to your body as possible ... and other posts say that you're doing it wrong if you scrape your shins up (aside from this original post by ddawg) ... i don't feel like I'm in the right position if I don't feel my legs getting beat up by the bar
              No scraping of shins for me today. I tried the advice mentioned above to have the bar far enough away from the body so that my shoulders were behind the bar when I started. That way you get the leverage . . . it seemed to work pretty well from my unexperienced perspective. I also checked out John Lee's video showing him deadlift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DGjR8h9x4 and tried to do something similar.
              I see no need to beat up my legs with the bar However, I also do not know what I'm talking about when it comes to deads so who knows . . .
              Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

Comment

No scraping of shins for me today. I tried the advice mentioned above to have the bar far enough away from the body so that my shoulders were behind the bar when I started. That way you get the leverage . . . it seemed to work pretty well from my unexperienced perspective. I also checked out John Lee's video showing him deadlift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DGjR8h9x4 and tried to do something similar.
                I see no need to beat up my legs with the bar However, I also do not know what I'm talking about when it comes to deads so who knows . . .
                Thats SLDL not regular Deadlifting

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                  Thats SLDL not regular Deadlifting
                  Indeed . . . my bad

Comment

you might want to look at this guy for a visual aid to conventional deadlifts

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html
                    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank

ddawg would be the guy to make this informational video... I mainly do stiff-legged deadlifts.. My technique on an actual deadlift is not very good...
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                        ddawg would be the guy to make this informational video... I mainly do stiff-legged deadlifts.. My technique on an actual deadlift is not very good...

I plan on doing some lifting vids in the coming weeks, won't be as impressive as Mr Aries, but more of instructional.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          I plan on doing some lifting vids in the coming weeks, won't be as impressive as Mr Aries, but more of instructional.

wont' be as impressive... SHUT UP!!!!!!!
                          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Since I'm kinda new to this area maybe someone can fill me in. What's the benefit of regular dead lift vs stiff legged deads and vice a versa?

Comment

Since I'm kinda new to this area maybe someone can fill me in. What's the benefit of regular dead lift vs stiff legged deads and vice a versa?
                              Traditionaly SLDLs are for the hammies and lower back and DLs are more for back and over all mass.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                                Traditionaly SLDLs are for the hammies and lower back and DLs are more for back and over all mass.
                                hmmm . . . so do people do both or just stick to one? . . . I could benefit from all of the above

Comment

Working...
                                X