Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing - Supplement King's "Black Out" (not controlled labs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LancerV
    Wow thanks for posting that, I took melatonin and after I stopped taking it I had all of these, it sucked for about a good month or two months
    evidence that short term melatonin supplementation may cause repression in your bodies natural melatonin production, which takes several weeks to return to normal.

other questions that would be interesting to research in a clinical research experiment..

- is this true for a significant size of the population?
    - is this true for various dosages? or is there an amount that causes no/less of a repression?
    - could doses be tapered on and off to reduce the amount of repression?
    - is there something that can be easily done to reduce the amount/duration of the repression? (ie some kind of vitamin/nutrient/etc)
    - what duration of supplementation leads to the prolonged repression when usage is discontinued?
    --- and how would long term supplementation change this? (almost all questions above could be phrased for long term experiments)

Comment

i would use white blood at another time than before bed now that you have this....man i love me some white blood lol

start by taking one to two caps the first night and access tolerance. At that point you can go up to 4 caps as long as all went well the night before.

I am hoping to have it mid next week....granted we get timely shipping
      SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

SupplementKings.com Forum

Comment

king i just looked at the pre sale page for black out and it doesnt have any info for doseing
        you should def add this to your site , i honestly wont buy a porduct with out it , i like to know how mny pills i will be taking and how long the bottle will last basically before anything else
        Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          evidence that short term melatonin supplementation may cause repression in your bodies natural melatonin production, which takes several weeks to return to normal.

other questions that would be interesting to research in a clinical research experiment..

- is this true for a significant size of the population?
          - is this true for various dosages? or is there an amount that causes no/less of a repression?
          - could doses be tapered on and off to reduce the amount of repression?
          - is there something that can be easily done to reduce the amount/duration of the repression? (ie some kind of vitamin/nutrient/etc)
          - what duration of supplementation leads to the prolonged repression when usage is discontinued?
          --- and how would long term supplementation change this? (almost all questions above could be phrased for long term experiments)
          Time for someone to do a study.

Comment

Prolonged melatonin administration decreases nocturnal blood pressure in women.

Cagnacci A, Cannoletta M, Renzi A, Baldassari F, Arangino S, Volpe A.

Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Pediatrics, Policlinico di Modena, Modena, Italy.

BACKGROUND: The nocturnal decline of blood pressure (BP) is almost coincident with the elevation of melatonin, which may exert vasodilatating and hypotensive effects. In this study we investigated whether prolonged nocturnal administration of melatonin could influence the daily rhythm of BP in women. METHODS: In a randomized double-blind study, 18 women, 47 to 63 years of age and with normal BP (N = 9) or treated essential hypertension (N = 9), received a 3-week course of a slow-release melatonin pill (3 mg) or placebo 1 h before going to bed. They were then crossed over to the other treatment for another 3 weeks. In each woman ambulatory BP was recorded for 41 h at baseline at the end of each treatment period. RESULTS: In comparison with placebo, melatonin administration did not influence diurnal BP but did significantly decrease nocturnal systolic (-3.77 +/- 1.7 mm Hg, P = .0423), diastolic (-3.63 +/- 1.3 mm Hg, P = .0153), and mean (-3.71 +/- 1.3 mm Hg, P = .013) BP without modifying heart rate. The effect was inversely related to the day-night difference in BP. CONCLUSION: These data indicate that prolonged administration of melatonin may improve the day-night rhythm of BP, particularly in women with a blunted nocturnal decline.

Short- and long-term effects of melatonin on myocardial post-ischemic recovery.

Lochner A, Genade S, Davids A, Ytrehus K, Moolman JA.

Department of Medical Physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa. alo@sun.ac.za

Melatonin, the chief secretory product of the pineal gland, has been shown to protect the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury. This was attributed to its free radical scavenging and broad-spectrum antioxidant properties. The possibility that melatonin may act via its receptor and intracellular signaling, has not yet been addressed in this regard. In all previous studies, only the acute effects of melatonin on the heart, were evaluated. The aims of the present study were to: (i) compare the acute and long-term effects of melatonin on infarct size and functional recovery of the ischemic heart, and (ii) evaluate the role of the melatonin receptor in cardioprotection. For evaluation of the short-term effects of melatonin on contractile recovery and infarct size, the isolated perfused working rat heart was subjected to 20 min global ischemia or 35 min regional ischemia respectively, and melatonin (25-50 microm) administered either before and during reperfusion, or before ischemia or during reperfusion after ischemia. The melatonin receptor was manipulated using luzindole and N-acetyltryptamine. The long-term effects of melatonin were evaluated 24 hr after melatonin administration (2.5 or 5.0 mg/kg, i.p.) or after oral administration for 7 days (20 or 40 microg/mL). Infarct size and mechanical recovery during reperfusion of the working heart were used as endpoints. Melatonin (50 microm), when administered either before and during reperfusion after ischemia or during reperfusion only, significantly improved cardiac output and work performance and reduced infarct size compared with untreated controls. Luzindole (5 microm), a melatonin receptor antagonist, abolished these cardioprotective effects. Long-term administration of melatonin (i.p. or orally for 7 days) caused a significant reduction in infarct size of hearts subjected to 35 min regional ischemia. The cardioprotection persisted for 2-4 days after discontinuation of treatment. In summary, the results obtained suggest that melatonin induces short- as well as long-term protection and that the melatonin receptor is also involved in its cardioprotective actions.

Who knows?

Comment

here is the supplement facts:
              Attached Files
              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              GlycerGrow (Elements line)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
              Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                Melatonin (50 microm), when administered either before and during reperfusion after ischemia or during reperfusion only, significantly improved cardiac output and work performance and reduced infarct size compared with untreated controls
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micrometer

im not sure, but i would gambler that 50microm is wayyyyy smaller of a dose than anyone is supplementing with for sleep aide purposes, as most supplements are 1.5 or 3mg...

melatonins a very interesting substance.. if i get the chance sometime in my post-graduate, pre-doctoral studies i would enjoy doing research on the whole subject... would make for an interesting project
                Last edited by jiritt0; 07-13-2006, 09:20 AM.

Comment

adding supplement facts now
                  SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

awesome i would think it would help sales

Comment

• here it is:
                      Attached Files
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

• Looks sweet, Cant wait to try me some....
                        If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

• Wicked

Comment

• i have been wanting a night time supp
                              i think this is going to be it

Comment

• ships tomorrow and should be here next monday!! WOO HOO
                                SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

Working...
                                X