Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bodyfat estimate and a "Bulk or Cut" question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyfat estimate and a "Bulk or Cut" question.

Hi guys,

In one year I went from 210lbs to 160lbs. I've been fat for all my life. At first, I was only eating less and doing lots of cardio. Since a couple of months I eat really clean 6 meals per day 40-40-20, do weight traning and do cardio. I am 5'10 and my scale tells me my bodyfat is 13.5%. If you look at the pictures, does it makes sense?

But now, I feel like my arms are a bit skinny, my biceps are 12 inches when not flexed. But I still have too much fat for my taste. What should I do? Continue to cut until I go down to 150 lbs and 10% bf or start to bulk?

Right now, I got an injured shoulder so I can't train for a couple of weeks, so I am only doing some cardio. This really suck. I stopped all supplements except Orange Triad and Whey. That's fine?

Thanks a lot guys!
    Attached Files

i would say the BF estimate is close --- you dont have much muscle on your frame

lift more weights to add lean muscle mass, keep cardio at whatever it is to maintain .

You would treat yourself better to focus on the progressive results -- ie increases in muscular strength, endurance, cardiovascular fitness (distance, speed, etc) instead of your body image....

you should also be doing some light work to rehab your shoulder... if you dont have therapy bands ask your doctor about getting them.. their great things for extensive therapy processes if the injury is severe .. i scored like 10 different resistences from my therapist or doctor or someone when I tore my rotator cuff during ball back in the day..

* http://www.webball.com/cms/page1322.cfm some exercise suggestions at bottom
    Last edited by jiritt0; 04-14-2008, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to see a orthopedic physical therapist on Friday to start the rehab. I will start back a light training after that. And when I will feel better, I might try the HST training program. Is it too hard for the muscles to start back the training?

Right now, my main goal was to lose my excess of fat since I still have a lot of fat in the belly/chest section, I don't really feel good without a shirt. But my fear was that my arms could look a bit skinny.

Comment

never heard of HST -- i dont follow programs.

take it as you can, the only way youll know it is too hard of training is enough you experience pain or discomfort. work to build it back up to where it was (or stronger) slowly and progressively.

Originally posted by patoff
        Right now, my main goal was to lose my excess of fat since I still have a lot of fat in the belly/chest section, I don't really feel good without a shirt. But my fear was that my arms could look a bit skinny.

why I suggest you focus on the progressive results rather than the ideal end point you hope to achieve... find reinformcent in the progress you make towards the ideal, rather than disguist in the moment which is blurred by your vision of the ideal...

Comment

Hey man I was in the same type of situation as you. When you get healthy, be sure to stick with the diet and lift heavy. I include lots of running and heavy lifting to lose fat/maintain(build a little) muscle as much as possible. I went from 212 down to 163 and I have been up to 175 since and now I am trying to shed as much fat off as possible. Steady rocking at around 165. Good luck

Comment

i dont think ive been under 175 since the 8th grade = (

no i lie.. senior year HS i was around 175.. something about two-a-days and working every night got me leaned out like nothing.... trained like an animal all day at practice in 100degree heat, got one good meal there... would shower and go to work.. where i would get another meal (steak every night baby-loved the holiday inn cooks) and work til midnight..only to sleep 7 hours or so and do it again the next day for a few weeks...

miss those days.. =x
            Last edited by jiritt0; 04-20-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Neither bulk or cut. Continuing eating often and clean as you have been. Once the doc clears harder training, get after it! Start smashing weights and doing some interval training.
              **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
              **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
              WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
              http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
              http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to the physio therapist tonight. She will probably give me a couple of light exercices to do at home. I will ask her about my upper back also, it seems pretty curved, maybe there is something to do to put my back more straight.

Can't wait to get back in shape, start to train again and play tennis :-(

Comment

I just came back from the physio therapist... Two doctors told me to not immobilize my shoulder, move it the more I cam without going overhead. She told me to buy a strap so my arm can stay immobile and to not take anything in my hand.

So now I can't drive, write with two hands on the key, etc... It's really strange, the two previous doctors told me the exact opposite. I don't know who I should trust. She was really cute and it's her speciality, but I don't like being immobilise for two weeks :-(

Comment

Did you tell her she was very cute and you would like to be able to move that shoulder so that you could utilize various "positions" ?

Comment

Working...
                    X